Gnolls would make a fair Alliance-counterpart to the Horde's Vulpera allied race

I dont think its a stretch to say that mechagnome NPCs are Mechagnomes.
The two go hand in hand.
Would the NPCs have gotten anything if they werent being made playable? I doubt it.

4 Likes

The sad thing is, that sort of needs to happen. Doesn’t need to be recolours though, that’s a bit much.

Naga — Ogres
Arrakoa — Mok’nathal

Or very similar aesthetics would be enough to fix that, honestly.
Alliance is in desperate need of actually requested non-humanoids, and the Horde is missing two of it’s most obvious racial picks that also happen to have a bit of the “sameyness” with Orcs - which luckily, they also actually want.

Fixing race balance doesn’t mean the Horde has to be screwed over, and anybody who thinks giving them two of their most requested races of all time is screwing them over likely only has a roster of elves and forsaken.

As I said it before. Give the Alliance actual desirable races and throw in some low effort races for us.

The Horde-players and ESPECIALLY the veteran developers need a wake-up call. You can’t have a game based around one faction only, this is what broke the camel’s back in the first place.

Tuskarr, Sethrak, Arroka for the Alliance
Gilgoblins, Leapergnomes and “Sun Elves” for the Horde. Or Lightforged Undead.

Let’s even things out before we start to give us better races again.

1 Like

Gnolls hunt humans to make tents out of them and you want them apart of the Alliance…???

3 Likes

The Forsaken being (largely) undead humans who eat anything they fancy?

Just as the Forsaken in Horde ranks are disciplined and self aware, so too might a contingent of more rational Gnolls find shelter, then purpose in the Alliance, following (just for example) the Hogger incident?

. . . I mean I’d play a gnoll . . . though currently they are savage as all get out and actively eat other humanoids soooooooooo imma pass for now . . .

Vrykul on the other hand . . .

edit: or perhaps Furbolg . . . save vrykul for when the horde gets ogres . . . perfect counter.

4 Likes

There’s very little appetite for another big race like Ogres or Mok’nathal among the Horde playerbase.

We have more than enough experience already with elevators that kill us, doors we cannot fit through, things we cannot interact with because the ceiling blocks us, etc.

The overwhelming support for playable ogres comes from people posting on Alliance characters.

You guys should take Ogres. Enjoy.

Void Elves = Blood Elves. Thats it. That is the entire reason they exist. To give the Alliance Blood Elves.

Vulpera are just goblins in a furry suit. Not a “brand new race”.

1 Like

Ummm Trisfal Glades says Hi.

The Horde have been killing them since vanilla too, they just don’t have a figurehead like Hogger.

Gnolls over there have been graverobbing, they have no love for the Horde either.

Pssst, Trisfal Glades says HI.
As a Forsaken, you know this.

Hehehehe… The Horde is very savage nowadays indeed. I still think the Horde need a bunny race instead.

1 Like

if they are murder bunnies.
am okay with that idea.

Vulpera decorate there caravans with baby fox tails… we hope…

delete alliance blood elves for dryads imo

The alliance doesnt have blood elves.
We have the much cooler void elves

1 Like

youre a blueberry blood elf

I would say im slightly more on the purple side

Why Gnolls when a tribe of Furbolgs is already part of the Alliance?

3 Likes

yeah, you have a point. :thinking:

because we have anthropomorphic bears already? why waste an AR slot for that when you can just give pandaren new body types like the furbolg model

dryads for alliance. ty

I’d take dryads, or vrykul. No ugly monster races please. Not sure why so many people want to play as trash mobs…