GMs wont answer tickets, close tickets instead

You get put in an expedited queue if you reopen it. I don’t blame them for doing this when queue times get really high. Those articles probably do cut down on the amount of people putting in tickets, and it’s not like it’s a hassle to reopen it and get an answer.

2 Likes

I understand its not a hassle to reopen, and I did reopen the ticket, I just personally think its unprofessional to answer like that. I doubt they read my ticket period. Youre welcome to think otherwise though! n.n

4 Likes

Some posters around here (e.g. Nobully) will leap to defense and tell us that GM’s don’t simply close tickets. Good to see more contrary proof.

15 Likes

Did the us ever even go into shut down? Or are your leaders still content to let it ride it’s course

It was left up to individual states to choose. Most states took half-measures. All but three states are trending worse, and we’re having more daily cases than our previous peak.

My state took aggressive measures at first, then we “relaxed,” now we’re on our second concurrent week of record highs, and no one in power is going to do anything.

Hell, my mother’s a teacher – her school district said they won’t go remote even if their county’s in the red (>25 per 100k people). One of her coworkers contracted it and they didn’t even quarantine that teacher’s students.

I read through your response and it is pretty generic in that it hopes you have a common issue with the latest patch and can find something useful in the links. They do this when ticket volume are insanely high. Not ideal, not at all.

Keep in mind, GMs are not the place to submit bug reports or game complaints.

This article might help with what GMs can do.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/spotlight-on-game-master-help/11354

If you don’t have a bug, and it is something GMs can do, please re-open your ticket! That puts it up in the queue.

Also you can always post on the CS forum if you want more guidance on how navigate support channels.

5 Likes

What a train wreck.

Where I am in the world, we’re pretty much back to 90%+ normal with the only really noticeable thing missing is large festivals and such. Haven’t had a case in months.

1 Like

I’m very jealous. Everything right now is just killing my mental state - it’s hard to even get most my classwork done, honestly, just like this big cloud hanging over everything.

It’s not a fun feeling, when basically everyone in every position of power has just punted responsibility away. :\

1 Like

What is probably argued is that they can’t close a ticket without a response, which they can’t, the tools don’t let them. This is a response though, even if it is just a template answer.

1 Like

Oh, I totally understand. We were remote working from march to june/July and I got almost nothing done.

Came back to work and it was great. Most I’ve ever done.

1 Like

They did manage to fix some of the BfA access issues a few hours ago and may just be mass closing anything related depending upon players to reopen tickets if the fix didn’t work for them.

Yeah. I’ve been coming into work since September – it’s mostly me and one other person in the building, so it’s not bad – and it’s nice having at least that space where I can focus and pretend there’s a bit of normalcy.

I opened a ticket a couple of days ago about the lavish serving glyph mats and the conjured mana, and I received the same response. But, since the issue is not really that serious and considering they must be busy with more important issues, I didn’t bother to reopen the ticket

1 Like

Just because they claim that they have a high volume of tickets does NOT mean they cannot answer it. It means it will take a long time to get to it. Therefore, I would be fine if that reply said:

“we are experiencing a high volume of tickets and it might take a long time to answer. Would you like to continue to wait or should we cancel the ticket?”

I would have no problem waiting longer if it means an actual answer.

7 Likes

The same thing is happening to me. Generic response that has nothing to do with my ticket.

3 Likes

This is wow new CS and has been for some time. Can you imagine how great their CS will be when SL launches and the shi% storm comes falling down? I won’t know but I am just saying. GL.

2 Likes

The ticket system is a known joke. The only people I’ve seen who praise it are those who live in the CS forum and defend every comment a blue makes then like their own posts on their alts.

Tickets closed and marked “resolved” without actually being resolved is not uncommon.

3 Likes

everything apart from the golden question of why you opened the ticket :stuck_out_tongue:

they don’t close tickets without replying to them.
they CAN’T close tickets without replying :roll_eyes:

if they were able to do that, the op wouldn’t have got a response telling them to reopen the ticket if the linked sources didn’t help.

What was your question about?

1 Like

The short answer is probably based on whatever algorithm they use for ticket priority.

I can only speak for myself, but known issues got the 48. A game breaking bug in Legion got me one within the hour.