GMs and Devs in game

I remember in Vanilla and several of the earlier expansions, that GMs and Devs would log into game and just have fun with the community on occasion.

They would do things like make themselves visible, huge or a random dungeon/raid boss. Sometimes they would summon other raid/world bosses to kill the players out in the world, or sometimes turn players into mobs or objects. They might show up in your dungeon or raid and have fun playing around with your group or raid.

I also remember you would speak with a GM about an in game ticket and sometimes they would show themselves.

I just really miss things like this and hope maybe one day they’ll come back and play with us sometime.

Do you have any stories of playing with or seeing Devs or GMs?

5 Likes

I remember at the end of the classic beta they summoned ragranos and did a bunch of chaotic stuff. I only see them appear in beta’s/alpha now a days.

2 Likes

Yeah I think you also see them more in streams like the video you posted.
Sadge :disappointed:

1 Like

I remember getting one to help me complete a quest that had bugged out… it was a fetch quest, and the item was a 100% drop chance on the quest, but no matter how many of the creatures I killed it never dropped… abandoned and restarted the quest 5 time and it never fixed… sent a ticket and got contacted by a GM immediately… they showed up, gave themselves the quest to see if it was bugged for them too, got the item no problem… they then watched me continue to get nothing for another 20 minutes before just force completing it for me.

2 Likes

i had one in kara on the final boss a gm showed up and told us not to watch and killed the boss for us
due to it being un-attackable

2 Likes

I got stuck on a root in Feralas one time, and I was “falling” so I couldn’t do anything like hearth or teleport. So I put in a ticket and a GM actually appeared where I was and cast some ability on me that knocked me up in the air and back onto the path.

Another time, I was outside of Ironforge dueling and a GM was there talking to us all. She turned everyone into giraffes and knocked us all up into the air and then disappeared. It was pretty cool. Those are my only two close interactions with a GM besides running into some when a boat accidentally sent me to GM Island.

1 Like