GM Response to the AV Bans

seems like there is a list of criteria being automatically monitored. player reports, damage/healing, movements, proximity to other players etc. if you tick enough boxes you catch an automated ban. its half true when blizz says that player reports cant auto ban you. but they do tick a box. the only “bug” in the automated system was that they tweaked the criteria and it snagged too many legit players.

1 Like

I work on servers for the DoD for a living… lol

Please don’t try to compare looking at numbers metrics review. If the reports are reviewed, they’d see an irregularity, or they are not qualified.

Funny how this bug random pops up after years of having AV around.

Unfortunately i believe you have no idea how data can get corrupted even through normal use. Coding isnt perfect neither are pcs / hardware. It’s an every evolving practice even at a master level. What they gave is 100% plausible … now if it’s true or not goes off their word but thats just an opinion at the end of the day. I understand the frustration but it does concide with a new big patch update which always introduces bugs in any implementation.

2 Likes

You can write data a million times without fail, but there’s always a point it will fail.

Again, I’m more than qualified to understand this

It didn’t get corrupted. You’re defending the equivalent of upgrading accounts receivable data, then having a dispatcher log bug for an Oil/Gas company.

Think what you want, as I will

If you are defending a tower, say IBT and you get a debuff, how do you get in combat if the horde aren’t near you and attacking? You don’t, you get an afk debuff because of game design.

1 Like

Glad I don’t PvP in this game.
You’re literally banned when you do.

2 Likes

you would see an irregularity because you know already what the data should be. They don’t, they read what is given them until something like this happens and they go looking for it outside the realm they have to deal with.

Ie; not qualified to see such a huge irregularity, OR, automated and lied about it

You can literally fight any of the patrolling NPCs to get rid of the debuff.

1 Like

How would they know if they are not looking for it? Didnt actually implement the metrics or even understand how they were coded. I understand what you’re saying but you are literally doing the work on the whole thing ? If so you already know what it should be. Example i work on hardware … electronics nerd since kid days … when i look for irregularities in circuits i have a schematic / component list / data sheets u name it so i know what it should be and im looking for the irregularity. Now if had none of that and was only taught to read the test points with no reference point of correct values i would think everything is fine. Kudos on the DoD servers job thats pretty nice.

1 Like

So leave the tower youre defending, potentially making that tower vulnerable, because people were butthurt and falsely reported. Got it

3 Likes

No one is arguing there wasnt afk people. Everyone expects afk ppl in av.

what happened is somehow blizz missed that there was ppl being banned that wasnt afk. And it took them days to look at these. Yet the ban still happened. Why didnt human review catch it the first time? Was it due to being inept…or did they actually look at the data before issuing the ban?

1 Like

i think both sides are telling lies. some of you got legit ban some of got got.

How to avoid non participation as a healer. Wait for buffs in cave then heal. now you have participation. Now ride to enemy base and sit there till a commander is dead.

Now you have the stats showing you moved. you healed something (yes it counts in the cave before the gates open) and that you buffed.

I do agree here that leaving towers undefended is absolutely a huge problem. People are just salty with all the boosts dks and such and quite frankly they should get banned for behaving this way. BUT, we also have to remember that people do in fact afk maybe a handful at most in most of the av’s ive played since vanilla classic. Usually when i defend i move around alot cast conc on flag run out of the bunker back in stuff like that but i do it hoping to catch a stealth or something. Maybe im lucky cuz i go straight north to the north bunker and solo cap it with ease due to archer placement but i agree that leaving nodes unprotected is just silly and most that cap 2 and kill the boss have the other 2 within 2 mins so poeople with and just wait for the caps after the bg ends as long as its within 2mins. Usually the first 2 are shb and iwb that cap which oddly is where people are having the issue with lol

1 Like

Its more than likely they examine the data after an appeal has been lodge.

There’s just too much missing for them to say what they said

Why did that dude get banned when he was PUMPING out damage defending a tower
Why did this dude NOT get banned when he was AFK for over 15 AVs
Why did that girl get banned when she had number 1 in healing for over 15 AVs

It’s all random gibberish and literally makes no sense. I understand what you think, I do. But to me, it’s all too random. In all of my years I’ve NEVER encountered any bug to make a server throw off data so bad.

I would put my own life on the line with all of my knowledge, and say it was automated as all get out, and not a single soul reviewed it, UNTIL an appeal.

But you can get a ban for “defending” a bunker. Just because you are standing near a flag doesn’t automatically mean you are in any way contributing.

Definately possible either way. Unfortunately automation is becoming very prevelant in business due to the cost effectiveness of it. Unfortunatley like humans, its just as flawed, but chin up, google AI will save us … or maybe elons bot /shrug