GM Island in Classic

Will it be there … Did anyone in the beta try going there ? Will it be banable in Classic ?

1 Like

The only time I saw GM island was from a Youtube video where the guy then opened a ticket while standing on the island… when they responded to the ticket they gave him a suspension, telling him he’s not allowed to be there, and he was then immediately kicked out of the game.

3 Likes

Gm island is my favorite place. I hope it will exist in classic wow. Blizzard, Please please please let it exist just for historical purposes. I really love gm island, its such a beautiful place and its my dream home. Gm island was a famous place in vanilla wow and its still iconic even to this day.

2 Likes

Blizz has said they encourage people to jump around the world trying to explore and find new things … New ways of getting places. Wonder if finding GM island could then be encouraged . A secrete treasure waiting on the island and it can only be gotten once per server … HMMMM

2 Likes

Gm island is also very special too me.

It was removed in patch 8.2 sadly .

Im still crying about gm island getting removed. Its too bad that such a special place got removed due to many others exploiting when they were not allowed to.

sure would be cool if someone in the beta could try to get to it to confirm its there …

I suspect they will have added better barriers to prevent people from getting there, although I bet the island is still there. If you can get there and do, don’t be surprised if you get in trouble.

Dont try to get to it. Gm island is meant to be a special and safe place for the game masters to do their training and what ever else they do there. They dont need random players who are breaking the rules to show up and distract them from what they are supposed to do.

Let gm island be and if you do, it can and will exist.

The way how i know gm island exist and what it looks like is by doing tons and tons of research online.

I would totally live there too … Well if they put a Wal-Mart on the backside of the island … I have no plans to go there … I would like to see it though…maybe one day

Evenknow it doesnt currently exist in retail wow (it might be invisible but no one knows, its my theory). I can still hope it will actually exist in classic wow. I can also have dreams about going to gm island.

They are using map and vmmap data from 1.12. It’s likely to still be there in its old location.

I could never get there besides creating my own private server

MMO devs have a universal irrational hatred for people appreciating secret or remote world locations even in circumstances where there is no exploit-esque benefit to going there. I think it’s because it demonstrates a failure to properly anticipate utilization of the movement mechanics or alternative methods of entry, and thus they bust out the invisible barriers, no-man’s teleports and permabans to remind you to never have too much fun.
t. jumpy boy

3 Likes

I’ve heard that it doesn’t exist in Classic either. People ripped the map files when the client first leaked, and GM Island isn’t on the map at all anymore. So I’ve heard.

1 Like

Why aren’t we allowed to be there? It’s just a fantasy island, what’s the issue?

1 Like

IMO Dalaran should have been the GM stonghold.
I mean come on a floating city in the sky!
What would have been better than that for a dev hide-away to look down upon your peons?

Nope, apparently it got removed even in the Classic files.

1 Like