GM for in game tickets

If you want to give feedback on that, best to do such in General. The CS forum has no impact on the time of tickets, nor the blues here take folks 'in the good old day’s into account for stuff.

1 Like

That’s fine I’m not looking for special treatment. This particular post showed up on top of my list for what ever reason so I clicked it and read it. I can comment how I see fit if that bothers you well then I’m sorry to ruin you day buttercup. That don’t change the fact I said what I had to say and we can just leave it at that I hope you enjoy the rest of your day Genuinely take care

That usually happens when they have a large ticket volume. Quest-related tickets would be given a generic letter saying to try the resources first. That is because most quest issues can be fixed using the third-party sites. It does say to reopen your ticket if you still have issues. Doing that puts you in a shorter queue than the initial one.

I can see that. Personally I do all those steps before making a ticket and say so in my ticket. It is a bit frustrating to get the “try these steps” letter when you’ve already tried them.

Everything changes over time. When it comes to quality of products or services provided, this is certainly the case, if you compare today to the year 2000, or even earlier.

This is nothing against Blizzard, per se. It’s just the way business works, considering the profits every business wants and the goals their shareholders need them to meet.

It’s why we have “imitation chocolate” and “1% fruit juice with other artificial flavors,” when folks fifty years ago would have been like, "what the hell is “imitation chocolate”?

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compound_chocolate) ← This is what you get when your product is “Chocolatey” or “Choco” or “Chock-lit” or anything else besides “Chocolate”.

Let me expand on that:

• All the syrup and chocolate used to be real, everywhere. No fake maple, no fake chocolate.
  • Cars used to be built to survive a nuclear impact. Efficiency be damned.
  • I used to use a 1-800 number for free game hints from Nintendo (live person).
  • Doctors used to come to your home to treat you. (“House calls”)
  • Your favorite band was better when they were “underground”. To quote Juliana Hatfield, “before they went gold and started to grow.”

It’s been ten or fifteen years since GMs had the time to (or needed) to go into the game and speak with people, do cool things and mess about. Speak to you directly via chat and stuff. That was ages ago.

During the last fifteen years, efficiency became a priority. Bottom lines became a thing. “Small indie company” (pardon the overused pun) blew up and became “major global competitor” company. The people answering tickets gradually became required to answer a couple hundred tickets in a shift, not log into the game and help 35 people by the end of a shift.

Years have gone by. Things have changed. They don’t have the capacity, desire, or need to do things the way they were done back in the day.

Just like vacuum salesman don’t come door-to-door anymore. Might have been nice to talk to the dude, might have broken up your day, might have been convenient to buy vacuums that way. Bissell and Dyson just ain’t doing it that way, though Bissell might have done so back in the 1960s.

Way TL and certainly DR: The fact that GMs don’t appear in-game or chat with you directly in-game isn’t relevant at all if you’re contemplating the “health” of this game or Blizzard as a company. It’s only relevance is when examining customer support methods from today, versus those fifteen or more years ago, which doesn’t apply solely to Blizz and has no reflection on their company in and of itself.

6 Likes

That seems to be as good a place as any to close this thread. Thanks, all!

8 Likes