GM: "Don't use *HARDWARE* input broadcasting to multibox, either, if you care about your account."

Oh … so you have to be TOLD what your morals are. You can’t find them for yourself?

So you get to make up what you think ought to be against the rules and ignore the actual rules?

1 Like

No … but the rules don’t govern my conscience. I can think for myself and be able to say … “Well it’s not against the rules but that doesn’t mean it’s OK”. I’m sorry that you can’t think for yourself.

Well, based off that comment, I wouldn’t allow someone like you to dictate what my morals should or shouldn’t be.

Your kind of ignorant dismissal of actual rules is frightening, like breaching-the-capitol frightening.

2 Likes

Like I said … how about you dictate for yourself what your morals are. Myself, nor anyone else, should be telling you how to think.

Well why don’t you make some grand, ridiculous statement about my choosing to abstain from doing something that is allowed and compare it to breaking the law. Very impressive stretch there.

While we are making stretches … there are places in the world where there are no rules governing murder. If you go there do you think it’s ok to kill someone?

Wrong? According to this GM at least. Hey guys I spotted the multiboxer.

GMs don’t make policy, they enforce it. I wouldn’t be surprised if the last GM, who obviously doesn’t understand the technology, was reprimanded for his reply.

There appear to be at least 3 different GMs and the last one was the only one to offer an opinion. Notice that the other ones simply referred the user to the stated change to the TOS. I seriously doubt GMs are the ones banning people for the use of input broadcasting software.

Rules are rules no matter what I think, Blizz says not cheating so it’s not cheating.

4 Likes

So you had that conversation not about your own account but to try to get ammunition to fuel your crusade?

Blizzard has no way of tracking whether or not someone is using hardware and their policy is clear it is just software.

I would have no problem myself using hardware regardless of what the GM said because what 4 others said no problem. I do find it odd that not one of them mentioned they give you a warning first and that you wouldn’t lose your account on first occurrence even if they didn’t.

It was probably flagged for spreading false information and for needlessly creating work for blizzard.

2 Likes

Reported a druid riding on another a few days ago that was obviously multiboxxing and blizzard sent me a thank you in the mail saying action had been taken against them.

If they wanted multiboxing banned all they would need to do is say can’t multibox. It isn’t rocket science. They were just concerned with the botters in the first place not the multi boxers and since the software is what makes the botters work and is detectable by their programs, that is what they went after.

I am beginning to think those are just feel goods for people.

2 Likes

Well thank you for admitting that you can’t think for yourself.

1 Like

Hey can anyone tell me, does this whole pride manipulation thing work still? I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone do it on the forums before it’s actually amusing :rofl:

Will you try guilt manipulation next? That’d be fun to see too.

3 Likes

This is difficult to believe if that is the whole story. If that is the case go ahead and report me. I have the Sandstone drake and often multibox and have my “follower” mount the drake since it is easier than a simple /follow.

1 Like

I think Blizzard will just keep upping the ante. They only want to punish as much as is needed to fix the problem, so they will start small and ramp up. People flaunting the intent of the law by using loopholes in the letter of the law will find Blizzard moving to ban the additional methods as well.

Basically, announcing to the world this additional method and smugly laughing to themselves will only cause additional attention that gets that method banned too.

The intent is one keypress, one action. Don’t violate that rule, and you’ll be fine with multiple accounts.

P.S. Hardware uses drivers, which are software.

1 Like

The problem is botting. They aren’t fixing anything if the threads on the forum are any indication.

1 Like

I do that all the time too, that gm who didn’t speak english even said that was okay though.

1 Like

Exactly, they didn’t get banned for what Ulendur saw them doing they got banned for something we couldn’t see but Blizz can. Imagine someone fish botting on 1 character, and he uses profanity in /1 and someone reports him and they get a mail saying “thanks for reporting” they’ll think he was banned for the profanity when he was banned for the botting.

There’s no loophole when Blizz themselves say it’s ok

P.S. Everyone uses hardware so I’m reporting everyone on sight now for using input broadcasting software :rofl:

5 Likes