GM closes ticket because they dont want to address issue

So, I just spent days trying to get an issue adressed. The GM’s were completely ineffective, and I honestly thought they were bots as they didnt seem to read or understand the issue. When I said I would persue it till it got resolved they just closed the ticket. Really blizz? Do you actully not care to that extent? I know one person didnt mean much but this just cemented the idea that you really dont care at all. Now I’m debating just quitting. Do I really want to support a company that is this dissmissive. Anyway, just know the GM arent going to be helpful, and will actually, most likely, make whatever problem you are having exponentially worse. Like, I already know I dont have much value, but its officially comfirmed i have none. Thanks blizz. Idk if thoes surveys after tickets do anything, but I was brutally honest on mine. Have the day you deserve.

17 Likes

19 Likes

Ok how many times did you go back and forth? Really curious. Sometimes, we just don’t get the resolution we want. I had this happen in BfA once, but continuing to reply umpteen times to try to get another result is sometimes just on us, and there are other people who need those resources too.

5 Likes

Try the customer support forum.

6 Likes

What was the issue? Is it something they can actually help with or were you trying to get some special exception made for you?
They can only operate within the confines of the rules and guidelines allowed by Blizzard.
Need more context since we have plenty of popcorn.

5 Likes

You would be better off moving this to the CS forum. It serves as an Information Desk where they can explain the support system, help you navigate it, explain policies, etc.

To move your post, you can hit the edit pencil button and from a drop down near the title you can switch to the CS forum and it will move it.

You will also want to review the thread on what GMs can, and more importantly, can’t do.

GMs are bound by their tools, as well as policies. For example they can’t give game hints, don’t fix bugs on an individual bases without Dev permission, don’t take bug reports, etc.

Sometimes what the customer wants is not something they can do - either because the tools don’t allow it, the logs don’t support it, or policies prevent it.

If you want to share your issue, someone here may be able to provide insight into it.

20 Likes

(post deleted by author)

4 Likes

It happens just try again, I was free transfering a toon on classic and it got stuck for three days. First GM that responded gave me a canned response of ‘its a UI problem, we dont know’ essentially.

The second one was like ‘oh okay, cancels transfer - try now’ done.

2 Likes

What issue? Being vague doesn’t help.

4 Likes

“I was being stupid in public chat channels and got myself reported and now I expect preferential treatment to reverse my ban” is my guess, based on past GD experiences.

12 Likes

If and when you quit make sure you put the reason in the box at the bottom.
I used to have trouble with a certain GM who would ban me over the stupidest of things and I got it to stop by everytime I got an unwarranted ban, I’d unsub and send my complaint past the GM and straight to the bean counters.

That stopped it cold. the bean counters keep track of why people are quitting and when they see something like a GM abusing their power, the hammer comes pretty quick.

Exchanged more than 10 back and forths about an issue with 6 different CS reps.

All of them implied the issue was my fault (bungled transfers)

Post in CS forum and get a link that it was a known issue for 3 days!!!

So yeah. CS didn’t know about a known issue and blamed me for the problem.

Worse - it was a known issue and they still let people put thru transfers that they knew were going to fail!!!

Yes OP in my experience Blizz CS is trash.

I was so mad about the whole thing I deleted my main account. I showed them lol.

Idk after clicking “i still have issues” three times on my tickets back and forth i generally get a human that’s helpful

The automated “please check wowhead” is absolutely horrendous, but the few times i’ve gotten real humans i can’t say i have any complaints about it

One of my issues was the warlock artifact quest having phasing issues and wowhead comments said i needed to get a gm to manually phase the quest giver, so in my ticket i wrote that wowhead said it was a phasing issue and the response was… check wowhead :joy:

1 Like

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but…

1 Like

Oh boy.

1 Like

You’re valued in the WOW community @Ari, I’ll be your friend if you need one :blush:

Hope your day gets better! :sunflower:

What was the issue?

2 Likes

Welcome to my life, too! I had an issue where my professions were dropped from max Shadowlands level all the way down to Legion skill level 1. Lost everything. They refused to do anything about it after three or four tickets and just closed the matter with, “you can relevel them.”

Getting big whiffs of Karen stench wafting from the OP here…

3 Likes

Similar experience recently OP. Eventually a GM even admitted that I didn’t violate ToS, but they weren’t going to lift my suspension any way. I need a replacement MMO. I’m at like 6k hours in GW2, so I’m burnt out on that one.