Glow condition weakaura

Hello all,

I have always set my weakauras so that there would be one WA for cooldowns and another one that glows and appears on top of that as soon as the spell is ready to use.

Unfortunately, that set up is really choppy to handle when it comes to adding new spells or rearrange position and order, because I basically have to do the work twice and make sure that everything aligns perfectly.

So, in the attempt of cleaning up my set up, I was wondering if you guys could help me set up ONE weakaura that does the job.

I am guessing I will have to set up a weakaura that “Shows CoolDown” (under Display), that has 1 trigger showing the cooldown progress and then a condition like this: “If Spell Usable true, then…” that’s where I can’t figure it out.

If I set for example visibility and lower the opacity the moment that the spell is ready to use, it works. But I can’t figure out how to set up a glow instead from that panel. Is that a custom code?

:point_down: UPDATE :point_down:

I have actually managed to find out the solution which I will outline for whoever wanted to realize something similar. The trick is basically to tell weak aura to have a glow from the display tab, but then hide it and activate it only through conditions. Even if it makes sense, it might not be the most user-friendly journey and might take a minute for people to realize, so I hope this will save some time to someone.

Display tab

• Add a Glow
  • Untick the “Show Glow”

Trigger tab

• Type: Status
  • Thick on “Show” and set this to “Always”

Conditions tab

• If: All of
  • Trigger 1: Spell Usable [true], Spell in Range [true], On Cooldown [false]
  • Then:
  • Glow > Show Glow > Thick

And that’s it! If you create a dynamic group, you can dump all the spell inside of it and do the above for the whole group at once. And if some of the spells will have fewer or more conditions (i.e. if it’s an AOE spell you don’t need the “in range” condition) you can always go in the spell and delete what the dynamic group settings have applied to it.

19 Likes

I tried this but it didn’t quite work for me. (I am on WA 3.1.9 for reference.) However, you DID give me some great ideas! Let me share what I did:

On Display tab:

Cooldown Settings:
Show Cooldown, Cooldown Swipe, Hide Cooldown Text, Inverse

Glow 1: Show Glow unchecked but your preferred glow style selected

On Trigger tab:
Required for Activation: Any Triggers
Trigger 1: Status>Cooldown Progress (Spell)>Spell checked, your spell name
Remaining Time: <= your preferred counter time (for me I set 15 sec)
Show>On Cooldown is selected by default and cannot be changed

Click Add Trigger and add Trigger 2: Status>Action Usable>Your spell, leave all else unchecked

On Conditions tab: If All Of>Trigger 2>Active = True, then Glow>Visibility> checkmark
Add condition> And Glow>Type>your preferred glow type

What this does is it shows me the icon with the cooldown timer when it’s almost off cooldown, and then shows me the glow with the full icon when it is off CD. It then disappears when the spell has been used, only appearing again when the spell meets the timer requirements.

Load tab: In Combat, Not in vehicle (tweak to your preference)

In my example, Avenging Wrath shows immediately on entering combat with the glow. I use Avenging Wrath and the icon disappears. The icon reappears with the cooldown timer showing 15 seconds prior to it coming off CD, and then it shows fully displayed with glow once off CD.

Hope that helps!

4 Likes

Persephøne - My cooldown goes away as soon as the countdown timer begins… It glows at 5 seconds left then its gone… How do I fix that?

I’m wondering if maybe you have under Trigger Combination (Trigger tab), Required for Activation set to “All Triggers” instead of “Any Triggers” maybe? Looks like I forgot to mention that in my post, but it’s important.