Glory of Hellfire Raider - I'm a Soul Man - BUG

The Glory of the Hellfire Raider achievement requires players to complete the achievement I’m a Soul Man. I’m a Soul Man is done during the encounter with Socrethar the Eternal.

In order to complete I’m a Soul Man Socrethar needs to exit the Soulbound construct in order for players to use it. When the construct is brought to 1hp players are forced out of the construct and Socrethar ‘should’ re-enter the construct for a rinse and repeat process until the requirements of the achievement are fulfiled and Socrethar can be killed.

The bug, which is not new, is that Socrethar does not always re-enter the construct. When Socrethar bugs out he becomes untargetable, while the construct sits at 1hp and becomes unkillable. The only options for players faced with this bug are to hearthstone out or reset the fight using feign death/vanish etc… and then start the achievement again.

This bug renders the whole glory achievement impossible. Unless of course you happen to get lucky and complete the achievment before the bug. In any case, finishing the achievement shouldn’t be left to luck that you weren’t bug blocked.

Any plans to fix the Hellfire Citadel glory achievement bug? This isn’t the first forum post that has drawn attention to the issue.

21 Likes

Keeping the hope alive

This is the last achievement standing between me and completion of the Glory meta. I attempted to complete this achievement with a rogue and shaman team and got stuck at the 1HP mark.

Per suggestions on WoW Head we wounded Socrethar before utilizing the construct, and at 1HP the user was removed from the construct. At this point Socrethar became untargetable and we were unable to kill the construct.

A generic letter from the support team suggests reading through forums, WoW Head posts, and ensuring addons are disabled before testing/reattempting to complete the achievement. Addons were disabled on one account and not utilized/in existence on the other - so this is not an addon based issue.

3 Likes

Bump - this whole achievement is blocked as of now.

2 Likes

Extremely annoying that blizzard refuses to fix this and it should be a relatively easy fix

2 Likes

The only way I was able to get it was with entangling roots, the timing is perfect when it resets to when a new pack comes. Wait until you have 4 and kill all at once. I didn’t even get into the construct. Other than that, still bugged :frowning:

1 Like

I have been fighting with this one for so long. I’ve tried it solo. With a hunter. And with a Shaman. It always bugged at the 1 hp. I took the advice above and switched my talent to Mass Entangling Roots (as Feral) and finally got this damn this and the Glory. I had to take my BFA necklace off because it would proc and kill the ghosties.

So, get you a Druid with Mass Roots. Make sure no damage procs. Watch the cooldown on Roots. When that is up, another group should spawn. Final note, don’t run through the ghosts because they will silence you and not be able to attack them. Run out the door you came in if you need to reset.

FU Socrethar and your Momma.

3 Likes

This is fuxing Stupid… Someone should fix this immediately I have now spent 3 hours trying to beat the bug and its just dumb…

This is why people leave this game I have been gone 8 years and came back and have had a relatively enjoyable experience but wtf?

For the players out there I found doing this in normal 10 is the easiest way to try and beat this without the adds evading or boss coming back at 1. Best way to make sure the boss always goes back in his shell is to stand on top of him when getting super low.

Lastly if the adds evade its okay they will stay spawned and go to the corner just wait for them all to un evade and burst them down. Heads up when they tethered to crystal they take reduced damage so wait till they all pop out and kite.

Just got it… left 40 adds up re snared while in the mode always made sure to die right next to him after 4 resets and adds snared everywhere downed it.

SERIOUSLY!? This has been around for years and you guys NEVER fixed it?! What the heck, Blizzard!? FIX THIS SHIZZ

2 Likes

This is still bugged. Haunting SPirits are NOT staying frozen and they ignore the Fel Crystals. Fix this blizzard.

Played this with Lotus yesterday. Impossible bug. Greately angered us and our group who were desperately trying to earn this achievement. Fix it or lose more players Blizzard. :confused:

Tried again, the boss’s health keeps resetting to one. The adds also keep ignoring the Crystalized Fel energy. This achievement is now impossible. Tried getting this on Normal, Heroic, and Mythic. This needs fixed YESTERDAY.

Yeah me and my 2 friends are trying to do this with Monk-Monk-Rogue and this just isn’t possible. He bugs out every god damned time. The mechanics themselves arent the issue. This is pretty damn sad. This raid came out how long ago? Pathetic.

Everyone at R&D as well as playtesting NEED to be fired. The moment new content comes out, they give us the middle finger for the old content. We still can’t solo Tomb of Sargeras or Burning Throne due to over attuned mechanics.

1 Like

Did this twice got glitch first time
Second time got him down to around 22% and spawned two portals.
Ran around avoiding the dang ghost as killing them, the the one at other end
Once the Center portal appeared hit him again then went around abit, then killed him

He was initially in the thing(?) then when got him down to the 22% he jumped out and … as above,

GL

I soloed this not long ago. You need a druid in the group who can mass entangle the mobs as they spawn. The mobs will continue to spawn in waves at the same portal. I think it takes 3 waves to get enough mobs.

This is still brokem and impossible to achieve without a druid.

Can confirm, still bugged as of Dec 22 ffs… Sad.

HOW TO DO IT WITHOUT DRUID AND AVOID BUG

So I recently just did this with a friend and we were able to do it just fine after figuring out how to get passed the bug and not have a druid.

For Reference he was playing DK and I was playing a warrior so technically it is definitely possible without a druid but ofc a druid makes it 3x easier.

First, make sure the raid is on Normal.

Next, make sure you take off all your gear to avoid killing the boss. This can depend on how much base dmg you do.

Before starting the fight communicate who will be entering the construct and who will be kiting the adds that spawn. Reason why I say this is because both jobs are equally as important to make sure the boss doesnt bug.

Whoever is entering the construct, follow these instructions so that its easier and efficient for you bc if done correctly you can do it in one try:

FIRST, Have the stopwatch ready. You need this.

SECOND, Once Socrethar comes out of the mech for the first time start the stopwatch and get in the construct! Dont wait to start the watch once your in mech,NO, start it as soon as you see him come out of the mech.

The purpose for the stopwatch is the following: Every 30 seconds after socrethar abandons his mech 6 souls will spawn in the blue portal. So the stopwatch will work as a indicator of when to pre fire FEL PRISON directly on the blue portal. So keep an eye on the stopwatch and cast FEL PRISON about 4 seconds before the next 30 second mark.

ex. before 1:30 gets to 2:00 cast Fel Prison at 1:56 or 1:55 to play it safe.

Make sure to cast FEL PRISON close or right on top of the blue portal so that its easier to manage. And keep track of your stopwatch bc the timing is what you have to trust. Trusting those 30 secs will get you the achievement.

OKAY STAY WITH ME ALMOST DONE.

That being said the person that enters the construct needs to also be looking at his constructs health bar. Reason for this is bc if your kicked out of the construct it will bug the boss as we all know. TO AVOID THIS, make sure you stand close or literally right on top of socrethar while in the construct so in the case where your kicked out earlier thats how to avoid the boss bugging.

Now if done right the only time you will be kicked out of the construct would be when all 4 waves of souls are already in the fel prison. Meaning,by the time your stopwatch shows 2 minutes you should have 24 souls in the fel prison. At that point your constructs health should be at like 20%.

Once you know the 24 souls are there have your duo nuke them. DISCLAIMER: Make sure your duo destroys the fel prison first and then the souls. The souls will not die if the prison isn’t destroyed first. But chances are they will die instantly anyways but just letting you know just in case.

DUO PERSON: while all the above is happening your job is to kite the adds that spawn in the other portals. And then nuke the souls when your told to. If you have a AoE it would be easier too that way you literally nuke them. Be careful not to kill the boss by accident.

Once you kill the souls just kill socrethar and achievement is yours.

In my experience I was able to do this in one try, of course it took us hours to figure it out but once we did it worked perfect. Trust your stopwatch and your timing. Make sure your focused and no distractions. Those 2 minutes are extremely valuable bc if you mess up the timing your gonna scatter the souls and then good luck dieing if your a max level character. Even with all my gear off it took a while for the boss to kill me on Heroic, and that’s bc I didn’t die in Normal so I wouldn’t know. Messing up the timing will put you more at risk of bugging the boss and killing him too bc there will be a lot going on.

I hope this will help all who have been stuck on this achievement. Good Luck!

2 Likes