Glass Canon Melee?

…hope you don’t plan on mythic raiding…ever

Rogues are fun, not really a “glass cannon” if you remember to use your tool set. You can pick an choose your fights and do quite well DPS wise. I’m having a hoot of time in the beta, and playing a sub rogue is providing some good entertainment.

Plus the the satisfaction of getting that tag ahead of someone (especially Alliance) clearing to that mob.

I love my warrior. Been a warrior main since I started playing the game. This is my new one since KT’s were released and I feel once you’re up to speed you can hang in fairly decent. Don’t know much about arms though, it runs a little slow for me. I enjoy being a whirling dervish of destruction as fury.

Rogue is pretty fun. :heart_eyes: I have only played it since Cata so I might be biased.

all of them, game is hyperbalanced.

Nothing wrong with Warriors. They were my first class when I played Vanilla. I was a Fury Night Elf Warrior. I’m kinda weird when it comes to looting basically what I mean by it is that if a friend of mine is playing a plate class I’ll pick something else that isn’t covered that way we can cover more of the loot table. If I followed this method again what’s open for me right now is either cloth or leather.

Get new friends?

Seriously, pre-patch hasn’t even hit yet. There is plenty of time to decide.

And if anyone I played with picked and then changed their mind after SL hits, I’d be fine with that. Hell, if I could I’d try and help them level the new character.

We have multiple CCs, we have a raid wide stealth utility, misdirect, and a movement impairing poison.

1 Like

That’s good news. I do think that in BFA Roll the Bones was a big net negative. In SL is there a reliable way to get multiple CP with one attack? I think that would also help Outlaw a lot.

pretty sure rogues don’t have to do anything other then stab things

Many ppl saying rogue, but I think if you go rogue they’ll be an expectation that you’ll know when to shroud, open short cuts, at least on dungeons?

I think the most traditionally selfish damage focused one is warriors, but they’re not glass cannons. I think they’re more straight forward melee damage.

Blizzard has made all the class’ homogenized and self sustainable over the years a true glass cannon does not exist any more.

Closest your going to get theme wise is Rogue.
Otherwise Enhance shaman as its mail armor mine as well be a paper bag and the usefulness of its self healing trails off real fast end game… but it lacks the cannon part.

Definitely ARMS Warrior.

1. No self heals that are baseline that doesn’t need a proc like Bloodthirst.
  2. One defensive that doesn’t work against magic.
  3. I found it’s more rewarding to have your abilities feel like they’re doing damage while leveling. Each strike is slow to come by but feels like it hits hard. Unlike Fury where each strike is like swinging pool noodles.
  4. Possible higher consistent dps than Fury at max level.
  5. Arms Warriors are always welcome in PvP teams for their enhanced Mortal Wounds thanks to Sharpen Blade PvP talent.

Glass Cannons are a class can do extreme damage but cannot survive on their own if they are the focus.

I don’t mind learning the fastest route or when to shroud if it’ll help. I tried playing a Rogue once and it was just a bad experience for me. Every dungeon I went in while leveling I was bottom on the list. Maybe I judged it early?

I mean, you also have to consider that rogues often have to do weird stuff like running ahead in a M+ dungeon to start RP like we have in Freehold or baiting the dinosaur lady in Atal’Dazar, they certainly do have the utility.

1 Like

Is it called Roll the Bones? All this time I thought it was Roll the Dice lol

Generally when I get like this I’ve zoomed in too far. It’s like “yeah this nice feature, but then again, that class can do X.” Try to imagine what class you want to play when it’s at it’s most nerfed. If you enjoy it when it sucks, that’s the class for you.

Rogue.

Only down side to DH is if that DPS spec sucks this patch, you better like tanking. With Rogue, one spec will be viable.

1 Like

The problem is that Outlaw Rogues in SL are still being held back by RNG, two of its potency slots are dedicated to making Roll the Bones not suck (of course, with RNG) and the actual DPS are also gated behind obscene RNG.

That and Outlaw is going to have an obscene ramp up for little gain.

But I digress, there’s no melee that doesn’t have some sort of raid Utility, even Warriors, despite being designed for infants.

If you want the least amount of utility, I’d honestly go Ret Paladin. The class is so terrible that you’ll use most of that utility on yourself to either reach the boss before the encounter ends, or to heal yourself from all the magic damage you can’t mitigate because reasons.

If I sound a bit salty, its because I am.

BM hunter. We are melee at range.

1 Like

For a damage powerhouse that doesnt have to do other things, I would suggest a rogue or demon hunter.