Glacial Advance should be baseline

It seriously feels like we’re missing an aoe runic spender at base. I have no idea why the talent has a 5 second cooldown or even why it’s a talent in the first place. I suppose it’s not bad but it’s just worse than gathering storm on top of feeling like it belongs as a baseline skill. Seems like I’m not the only one who thinks this.

Nah, I’d rather Frost Scythe be made into an RP baseline spender instead.

The ability is much cooler and yet sees no love because it sucks.

6 Likes

I don’t really mind tbh but it’d be easier to keep it as is but just make glacial baseline. I think we definitely all agree that the core issue is the baseline lack of an aoe rp spender

Just tuning in something.

But Glacial Cascade in Path of Exile is what Glacial Advance is trying to be. x]

this is what it looks like

or
https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/gehpqo/i_would_love_to_see_frost_dks_glacial_advance_to/

2 Likes

I think people would like it more if it actually looked cool

3 Likes

That guy is using Sigil of Power!

Interesting!

I still like it tbh and it already does what we need. I think frost dk would also thematically/visually benefit from another frost “spell” as opposed to another weapon attack since oblit and frost strike already do the heavy lifting.

2 Likes

GA and icy touch and hungering cold

dark Sim is a great way to get frost spells but it needs a rework so stuff hit hard

I dont even know what icy touch and hungering cold are but dark sim is a pvp talent that steals spells?

Icy touch was single target frost fever application and in later expansions had a dispell, hungering cold was an instand cast aoe cc that broke on anything but disease damage later getting a cast time. Both weren’t used in pve much if any aside from icy touch which was used by blood and unholy.

That’s weird that blood and unholy had it too

No, its not. These last 3 expansions are outside of the norm. There was a lot of overlap before all the way up to Legion. This was on every class and you can see it today with some of the classes still. Shaman for instance has overlap in abilities that are used and are useful in each and every spec.

Diseases were for boosting abilities. They boosted the damage of Heart Strike, the damage of Obliterate, the damage of Scourge Strike. But there was no mastery in wrath and I think the boring mastery the dk got was a detriment to the further development of the specs.

Just frost damage is a little boring i suppose. Would be more interesting if the mastery traded some of the frost damage power to boost the proc rate of km by a small amount or had a little more rune regeneration. But I’m okay with how it is atm.

If KM would have stayed based on just normal auto attacks, they could have made mastery increase the proc chance of KM starting at say 5%. So if you had 25% mastery you had a 30% proc chance, and increased the damage of abilities when they consume Rime or Killing Machine by x%.

Its not perfect, a whole lot more interesting than increases frost damage. It could have increased the damage of Howling Blast, Obliterate and Frost Strike.

Presences as well since some people are so adamant on them coming back, would have to be entirely utility. Have a passive, and an active. So for instance unholy could increase movement speed by 15%. You create another ability called “Empowered Presence” which empowers whatever presence you are in at the time. So Unholy empowered would basically do whatever DA does but without the knockback portion of the spell. Frost could increase slows applied to the target by 5%, and empowered it prevents you from being knocked back. Blood could be damage reduction and empowered it provides leech. Empowered Presence could have a 45 sec cd. The reason why I say 45 is because you dont want it too long so that it feels like its not worth it, but you dont want it too short to the point where its always up.

I just want to actually play a Death Knight again and its why Wrath Classic cant get here soon enough. Many people want to play a Death Knight again, but what we have isnt actually a Death Knight, Frost is just a melee frost mage, if I wanted to play a melee frost mage, I would just play a frost mage in melee range.

The big thing is no cast times though. That’s what hurts frost mage for me a bit. That being said, frost magic, heavy armor and melee weapons with necromancy is literally my perfect power fantasy.

Alright, wheres the necromancy in Frost Dk? Necromancy has pets, diseases, cold and power over life and death itself which is where Blood came in. Does that embody every single spec?

Now? No, no it doesnt. What the specs were, was they had it all, with a focus into a particular area of the class. So it was a death knight with a little more focus towards frost or blood or unholy. Unholy got a perma pet, more focus on dots, and garg. That lasted until legion pretty much. Frost didnt have as much focus on dots, but it still made use of them as well as blood abilities but leaned more towards frost like Frost Strike and Howling Blast. Blood and Unholy even had access to Obliterate. It was a frost spell, but everyone could use it.

Wheres the death knight in death knight anymore? Wheres the interaction we had with diseases, where is crypt fever for Unholy which increased magic damage? Where is Blood Tap? Where is the original Icy Talons instead of the maintenance crap they are trying to pass as the same thing? Where is Army for everyone? Where is Gorefiends grasp for everyone? Where is defile for everyone? Some were talents, but we still had access to them.

I know where they went, balance and people saying its weird that a spec has something that isnt frost damage, or isnt shadow damage, or isnt a blood ability, segregating and destroying what a great class this used to be.

i used icy touch in pve useful when you only need 1 mob and not all its friends

ok theres death siphon that costed 1 rune long range did okish damage but brought back a 400% heal. if they bring it back
cost 2 runes instant cast time does decent shadowfrost damage 40 yrd range ignores all armor and resistances and brings back a 400% heal
replaces death pact
dark sim used to be pve back in the day except for some boss abilites it copied most stuff hit like a wet noddle cuz dark sim ran off spellpower

whoa calm down, frost is able to summon undead ghouls and control undead. i think that qualifies as necromancy.

All classes/specs seemed to go through some kind of pruning to reduce the abilities available so they didn’t seem so bloated. But as a result, we have lost a bit of the class fantasy.

4 Likes