Giving Everyone +5 Weapon Skill is Objectively Lame

If everyone has it: then it’s not special anymore! Why even have it in the first place?!

How about, instead of giving everyone +5 weapon skill…

Change Human/Orc racials to give +5% damage with their respective weapons. No bonus to skill for ANYONE.

Human/Orc still get their RP flavor and still perform better with specific weapons. But now everyone is on a level playing field as far as weapon skills go.

24 Likes

Agreed. I rolled gnome for my Warrior this season and I was looking forward to figuring out how I was gonna get Edgemaster’s.

4 Likes

5% damage racial, boy what are you on.

9 Likes

That is basically what +5 weapon skill gives you, just in a convoluted way (only works against +3 level mobs, affects hit chance, reduces glancing blows)

This makes the racials much simpler while still keeping weapon skill as a valuable trait that you can get via gear. And that gear would now be valuable for all races, not just non-Human/Orc.

First, I agree that the change of weapon skill is dumb.

But how is giving a faie playing field in regard of weapon skill, but not giving a fair playing field in regard of weapon damage is going to change the idea of homogeneity blizz is trying to promote?

It will just be the same thing.

Humans in shambles.

9 Likes

Different races have different advantages. More news at 11.

Humans using swords/maces and Orcs using axes is embedded in the lore of this game from start to finish.

14 Likes

Oh no, Orcs and Humans won’t be objectively better than everyone else anymore.

Anyways.

6 Likes

Tauren have the most health, Trolls have the most threat, and Orcs can’t use their secondary racial (Blood Fury) while tanking. Every race has a perfectly solid niche.

Orcs doing more damage with axes is part of the game’s lore and eliminating that is dumb.

8 Likes

Oh no, Tauren have 300-400 (If you have very high stamina) more hp than everyone else. Clearly that’s the same as +5 weapon skill.

Lolno.

2 Likes

Well, yes, because the best tank weapons (Thunderfury) are not axes, so even on Classic Era: Taurens have a solid niche.

It’s irrelevant to this discussion, though. Under my proposed changes, Orcs would no longer have a +5 weapon skill advantage over Taurens.

1 Like

Nah, they’d just have 5% weapon damage over everyone.

Them just giving everyone +5 weapon skill just fixes the issue entirely.

Now everyone can fully benefit from Thunderfury, not just Humans.

2 Likes

Im 1000% with you here, but your idea is clashing with Blizz agenda the same way as the way thing are now is. So it doesnt make much sense from that point of view unfortunately.

Right. And Taurens have War Stomp and bonus health that Orcs and Humans don’t have.

Different races are different. More news at 11.

7 Likes

And orcs have bloodfury still, and tauren don’t.

Races will still be different.

2 Likes

How do you explain all of the existing lore about Orcs preferring axes and Humans preferring swords/maces, if everyone can get the same weapon skill bonuses as Orcs and Humans?

3 Likes

Easy.

It’s a seasonable server where they are just doing things differently.

You innately are just better at those weapons naturally and don’t require any additional training.

Why can’t an orc warrior ever learn how to use a Sword or Hammer better? Seems strange that your somehow unable to train to get better.

Anyways, this isn’t about “Lore” and we both know it. You’re just grumpy you’re losing your edge.

4 Likes

This post is 100% about the RP element that is disappearing with this change.

The point of Classic WoW is the RP element. Making changes that eliminate RP is how you get to retail.

My change in OP is an easy fix with effectively the same result, that also keeps the RP flavor.

8 Likes

Then Era is that way.

This is a seasonal server, specifically with changes to change things up.

If you don’t like it, then Era will always be available to you.

5 Likes

Such a lame argument.

Being experimental and being lore friendly are not mutually exclusive.

10 Likes