Give Worgen Tails

tails and gilneas is what the worgen deserve

4 Likes

Along the same lines that old model was a low poly model based off the low poly models for an rts game where units could be spammed and things like tails tend to hurt the load of the game. Worgen thankfully in this day and age are much better looking models. Would you want your character to look like how original Worgen looked?

Right. The game couldn’t handle tails. That’s why wolves in patch 1.11 don’t have tails either.

Admit it, worgen were never intended to have tails.

2 Likes

So they shouldn’t be worgen either, since Goldrinn the being from which they derive has a tail.

1 Like

Are worgen just miniature Goldrinns? Elune was involved as well.

3 Likes

Worgen are humans transformed into a being similar to what Goldrinn would be if he were humanoid.
Implying that Goldrinn would lose his tail for that.

Looking at a werewolf without a tail looks strange, once you have seen one with a tale IMO!

4 Likes

The point is that there are media in which monsters with the theme of werewolves have a tail or not.

And something we’ve noticed is that the lore doesn’t say that worgen cannot have a tail. So asking for an optional cosmetic, with a quest to justify something like that being added to the breed, seems reasonable.

Cite please.

In fact, worgen are humans (and elves) given (willingly or otherwise) a portion of Goldrinn’s essence by Elune. It is a delicate and precise balance between man and wolf. Curse of the Worgen, issue 3.

Worgen are not wolves on two legs. They have fingers, with claws. They have human eyes (Wolfheart) with a glow. They are a balance, and that means no tail.

2 Likes

And how would a tail affect this in order to change something of the lore?

They go from having 5 fingers to having 4 fingers. Of course it is acceptable to lose a digit, but having a tail is unacceptable.

2 Likes

AND SO IT IS WRITTEN. BY LAW, HENCEFORTH WORGEN CAN LOSE 2 LIMBS BUT MUST NOT GROW ONE.

3 Likes

Didn’t Ralaar say during his transformation that Goldrinn is rejecting Elune? To me, that implies that Worgen came around because Wolf Boy and his essence is literally too angry to control even with the help of Elune’s light

1 Like

Bones in a tail: 23
Bones in a finger: 4

Yup, exactly the same.

Besides, the finger bones can just shrink out of sight. Not added or removed. For a tail, you’d need to suddenly grow two dozen new bones.

2 Likes

Where did they shrink? So shrinking is acceptable but then it grows again?
Also, my teeth also grow when i become a worgen.
So they should be kept the same size, as well as my musculature.
Curious that everything is so selective. so restrictive in one thing and extremely vague in others.

The number of bones dictates the change, I understand now

1 Like

That’s what your skull does, doesn’t it?

1 Like

If Worgen were the correct lore size they would grow more than a little.

3 Likes

Would a larger size make more space for bones?

1 Like

Very selective.
The more I see inconsistencies in worgen creation, the more I am convinced that we were made incomplete and that we really need a tail.

2 Likes

What inconsistencies? Existing bones grow and change shape. That’s always been.

1 Like