Give Worgen Tails

Give worgen flails.

1 Like

As I hop around after dying once again to Mythic Carapace, I watch Caelus jump with all her limbs flying ungracefully in the air and think, ā€œI wish I had a tail.ā€

1 Like

Give worgen tails

3 Likes

And claws for melee users!

2 Likes

I used Coin of Many Faces tonight and went from my female worgen toā€¦ a different female worgen. The fun thing about the Coin is that it persists in Cat Form. So I got to fight in worgen form for an hour on Carapace tonight. It was dope. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Not every trait that appears in official art, comics and books was added to the game. And not every trait that was added to the game appeared in official art, comics and books. Itā€™s this simple.

The fact that something didnā€™t exist before is not an argument for it never existing. And the fact that it existed before is not an argument for it being removed.

NPCs can be one class and use skills of many specs at once, we canā€™t. Has there ever been a pet battle in an official book or comic? Have all of the mounts we use been shown in official art? And on the other side of the spectrum: do we have all transmogs that characters used as armor and clothes in books and comics? No, but we have some that they never used.

What Iā€™m saying is that Blizzard can just go and drop whatever feature they want, as long as itā€™s not ridiculously off. If they suddenly said worgen became elephants, that would be absurd. Although some people could end up liking it, thatā€™s the kind of thing that would be mostly disliked. But tails are not absurdly off. They can be just one customization option, exactly how all hairstyles, facial hair, tatoos, etc, that never existed in official artwork, reference sheetsā€¦ And people are asking for it. This should be enough incentive for them to think about it. Obviously, thereā€™ll always be some people that dislike every option they give us, tails included, but as long as there are more people who want it than not, it is a valid thing to ask for. Obviously, Iā€™m talking about people who voice their opinion, because as always, the majority of the player base just donā€™t show up here to ask for anything.

3 Likes

What on Azeroth is crowdie?

I didnā€™t say that it couldnā€™t exist, my guy. Iā€™m saying to discount it is a bit of a flaw for saying that the Lore doesnā€™t explicitly say that wugs can or canā€™t have tails.

Thatā€™s it. The comic was an important piece to our furry boys and gals of how they came to be. I believe Chronicle uses a couple of the official artwork to depict Worgen.

Iā€™m just saying to take it into consideration when arguing for tails.

2 Likes

There was been official art both with and without tails so the best course of action is make it optional and up the the player to choose what they want to see.

5 Likes

Best course of action is to not to

2 Likes

Why not? What reason is something being optional bad in your book?

2 Likes

Thatā€™s an idea. Like you can download a mod if you really really need it, so I donā€™t have to see it.

2 Likes

And if they do allow optional tails then what? Are you going to be mad at anyone who chooses the option? As Garrosh said ā€œTimes change.ā€ So why not be open to a change that gives options.

4 Likes

Or or or, you dont even have to meddle with something that already exists. Just create a whole new race, then youā€™re not restricted by founded lore at all! Maybe even make them foxes instead of wolves.

3 Likes

some of the new fur colors are really nice, i really like the white one with blue eyes

granted, thatā€™s pretty stereotypical i suppose but its pretty :smiley:

5 Likes

Mods are sometimes not ideal in terms of quality and polish, and Iā€™d rather not run the risk of getting my account banned for a TOS violation.
Additionally Iā€™m attached to my worgen toons and I like the lore and history and flavour of them.
Part of the worgen flavour is their bestial, wolfishness and I feel that could be expressed very well with a tailed character without violating what makes a worgen a worgen.

1 Like

If/when we get tails Iā€™m going to make a waggy girl on WrA and follow you around emoting.

Kidding, but I really canā€™t comprehend the strict anti-tail position. Nobody has given a reason why they hate it so much.

4 Likes

Every story has its own kind of werewolf. Some have five fingers, some have four. Some turn with the moon, others at will. Some are allergic to silver, and some to wolfsbane. It is these choices that shape their unique monster, and Blizzard made those choices fourteen years ago when worgen were added in patch 1.11.1.7272.

Theyā€™re worgen. Thatā€™s why.

2 Likes

You still have not answered the question of why. And be honest we can have a civil discussion about this. Is it because its against the lore? Is it because it brings Worgen too close to furrys? Help me understand your reasoning better so we can discuss the topic better.

3 Likes

I mean, sure, but the same can be said for hunched orcs and white supremacist blood elves.

1 Like