Give Worgen Tails

What is going on with the art team? It’s not like blizzard should be lacking in resources. I’ve seen indie mmos put more work into their art. And re-use things less.

5 Likes

I am so disappointed.
Could they at least give us a full black worgen fur? It wouldn’t be that hard :sob:

I am baffled that they went back on their word, this was a big part of the expansion and they just… gave up? After all the positive responses why would they ever do this?

5 Likes

It is so devastating.

I’m actually just shocked that they would do this. Insane.

3 Likes

Anyways my immense disappointment with this blizzcon on WoW related content means I’ll probably be extending my WoW break and probably letting my sub lapse. I was really holding out hope for something to excite me and we got… nothing. Just broken promises. I have a vague interest in the story which I can keep up with via wowhead or other sites.

Right now so many games are pulling me to them. WoW is not. I was hoping 9.1 preview would hype me to play again and while the new zone seems somewhat interesting that’s not enough to get me to return over playing the other game I have available to me at the moment. I was so excited to see the increased customisation throughout the expansion. Idk why I actually expected them to follow through.

I’m sorry my worgen pals for the disappointment. I had considered them saying no to worgen tails but never considered them saying no to new customisation. Honestly mind broken.

4 Likes

Probably the same reason we aren’t getting raid tiers anymore.

Or perhaps it’s because we already bought and paid for the expansion so now they don’t want to add anything more than the bare minimum to maximize profits.

Or maybe they do actually hate us and enjoy watching us disappointed.

Whelp, guess back to this thread till they eventually finally answer the simple yes or no question. Guess 6k replies wasn’t enough. Needs another 6k more. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s what I’d like to know. You have the whole community actually helping you out, submitting awesome edits, custom 3d models, and having entire threads such as this one, the blood elf threads, and many more, basically doing the whole concept art/ideas for free.

https://i.imgur.com/qIstioQ.jpg
https://i.redd.it/uzy7a5trv9h51.png
https://i.imgur.com/u1TOoLa.gifv

Honestly, before we ask where are the tails, right now we should be asking, where is the art team. They promised that they would be bringing in more customization in this expansion. Straight up saying no new customization for the rest of the expansion, when you have races like us worgens and blood elves who got the extremely short end of the stick are left behind. You especially gotta feel bad for the Allied race like nightbourne. Heck void elves got more new customization than us worgens and male blood elves.

12 Likes

Most of my friends have gone to FFXIV mmo wise. Meanwhile I have plenty non-mmos calling my name. If I do subscribe to an mmo again I’ll go where my friends go. Cuz mmos are more fun with friends. Sorry WoW…

That is very disappointing to hear, but I refuse to go quietly into the night. As much as I hate it, I’ve gone without a tail this long, I can wait a little longer.

1 Like

Pretty much this. We never got a answer at all other than “No one gets anymore customizations this expansion”. So who knows. Maybe next expansion? Or probably as early as 9.3 like I said. Time will tell at this point. I’ve lived with the previous worgen model for almost 10 years. I can wait a little longer for the tail, so long as they actually take the time to seriously pump out good customization options not just for us, but for ever other race that seriously needs it.

1 Like

This Q and A was a stark reminder that we really aren’t in control and they don’t listen to feedback. Just PR speak.

9 Likes

Many things that would make players satisfied or happy, are for devs very often, side projects. :unamused:

4 Likes

source https://wow.gamepedia.com/High_elf

Considering some hobbyist with Blender could crank out several tails for the Worgen models that wouldn’t clip or look horrendous in a week makes the tired excuse “It’s too hard” the biggest joke going.

6 Likes

I said it once I’ll say it again, character customization is the most bang for the buck when it comes to player satisfaction Blizzard could invest in. Yes content is king, but that is big and expensive requiring thousands of hours of labor. Customization options, especially just additional model skins, is a fresh hire with a hand me down computer system.

I’d like to know just what the animators are spending all their time doing if they can’t take a few days to play pin the tail on the worgen. Making trees with worms in them I guess. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

It’s all a lie to think we’re being heard. Vulpera were probably already planned just like zappy boi they were just shocked about the massive positive feedback before the true reveal. So whatever we get is what they decide to give us. Regardless of us we asked for it or not. If it’s something we asked for. Happy coincidence. If it’s not sucks to be us.

2 Likes

Wowpedia is not a source in itself. There is no citation on that comment that comes from in game or any official canonized source. There is nothing in low that says they have pink/peach skin let alone exclusively.

Oh, no…

Anyway

The citation points to

Not sure where the subtle change came from. I suspect one of the many books I never read.

It was never changed. There was never a canon source that described them as peach or pink. Only one non canon source every said so. It was always just an assumption base don what we’ve seen.

1 Like

As Sappho says, there is only one source for the Highborne who later would become the High Elves that says they were of pale skin.

It was from the Tabletop RPG. Which, if it ever was canon, was not canon for any real amount of time and was never worked on by Blizzard themselves.

Every other source I have ever been told to check, every single one, has not had any indications of their skin tone beyond them losing their violet colorations.

It is just an assumption by players. Nothing more.