Give Worgen Tails

Give Worgen tails. Let them be paladins. Furry light retribution for the masses.

8 Likes

Still waiting for Worgen to have tail option.

9 Likes

So, these are a breed of wolf that “don’t got tails…”

The equivalence you are trying to make is an inherently flawed and false one.

You are trying to equate a individual specifically designed character, with a fantasy race in a video game that players can play as and customise freely within that race.

A bipedal wolf race is not going to stop being a bipedal wolf race if they get optional tails, it just gives more options in customisation that you would expect for that particular race.

6 Likes

It depends on what you see them as.

I see them as Lycans from Underworld. Tailless, always have been, always will be.

If they add tails, they won’t be Lycans anymore, they’d be something else. Again, just my opinion here, I wouldn’t like a furry race with a tail- I don’t play any.

Thats the beauty of it, you dont have to play any and still be a “lycan” worgen.

Any reasons against this always come back to either selfishness (I dont want it so no one can)
Or prejudice (I dont want it cause ew furrys)

4 Likes

What about “they never had those” and you’re asking for something that’s your own wishful version of the race?

Why don’t Dwarves, Gnomes, Elves have tails then? It’ll be optional so it shouldn’t upset anyone. Same logic.

Cause they aren’t bipedal wolf people.
False equivalences

5 Likes

Worgen are Worgen, moreso like Lycans. A cursed form mixed with human and wolf features.

Vulpera is there if you want it.

Which is a race of anthropomorphic wolf like humanoids. Adding a tail option merely expands that.

4 Likes

To me, they are Worgen. And they are fine as they are.

Lycans. Not some mere werewolf.

This race exists in the first place to fight against demons and then the scourge. Lycans always fought Vampires, which are seen as demonic. If anything, there is a bigger parallel to Lycans than anything else. And Lycans iconically have no tails. All of their existing human limbs become wolf-like.

Y’know what else I’d like? A language for the Worgen.
‘Worgish’? ‘Old Common’? Hmmm…

Im sorry, but this just exemplifies my previous points.

Worgen getting a optional tail takes nothing away from current tailless worgen, Genn is still the same character as a worgen without a tail.

5 Likes

So in your opinion, anyone that wants a relatively minor change to a race they enjoy playing should no longer be permitted to do so, and be forced to play something very different, and on the opposite faction from their friends. Nice.

Those in favor of the tail option have pretty much unanimously agreed that it should be an option, so that those not in favor of it won’t be forced into it. The sharp disparity between their magnanimity and your selfishness is telling.

6 Likes

To me they are lycans.

If they added tails, even as an option, they wouldn’t resemble lycans anymore. I’d stop playing mine, because I’d see non-lycans with tails running around, and that would destroy their lycan-ness in the lore.

I think they are fine. I like them as they are, I’m arguing to keep them as-is.

I just like the original versions and want no changes, and if that makes me an awful person, so be it.

Sure, call me selfish. It’s an option that would ruin the race for me, optional or not.

If they added a whole other tribe of feral perma-worgens with tails as a new allied race but left Gilnean worgen tailless, I’d be fine with that.

1 Like

To be fair, they added tails to non tailed pandarens, which ontop of lore reason, there are actual real life reasons red pandas are the only ones that have tails, just like only red pandarens in the past had tails till they expanded it to all female pandaren. Funnily enough no one ever argued about that. Still waiting for male pandarens getting tails Blizzard.

A few of us discussed this very much being a possibility in 10.2 since theres heavy hints we’re going in to the emerald dreams, and whats locked away in the deepest parts of the emerald dream? The original worgens.

Honestly just like dracthyr possibly getting more races for their visage form in the future as they hinted at, we may get new race options for the non worgen form for worgens in the form of night elves, ontop of getting tail options and a bunch more customization options that got scrapped during Shadowlands that we were supposed to get.

5 Likes

I think those where planned Death Knight colors but at the same time they made DK hair a universal thing for every race so they just spread them around.

Vulpera can already be purple-ish so blue would not be too far off.

It would also make sense if they could have bigger head scruff that they could style. (And they should do the same for Worgen hair/manes)

1 Like

Solid black fur colorization for worgi is finally arriving. 5 new fur colors for worgi next patch.

Now just need tails!

4 Likes
6 Likes

I don’t like that they’re adding scars as a skin but the rest are pretty good.

3 Likes