Give Worgen Tails (Part 1)

Fight isn’t over until we have tails.

4 Likes

I don’t know. Things might have already been finalized.

1 Like

Well we did just had a update to female humans yesterday in the form of eyebrow customizations. So new character options are still coming before release if that’s anything to go by.

1 Like

Casual reminder of what it’s like to have a tail…

12 Likes

So I was curious to see how many options each race currently have planned for Shadowlands, and because I have no life I decided to actually go into WoWhead’s Dressing Room and go through every playable race to count their options. I also counted the categories for different options, because I think a large amount of categories really helps with customization, even if there aren’t a large amount of options within those categories. I wanted to share my findings, though I am not including allied races since they have not been the focus for new options at this time.

Disclaimer: These numbers may not be accurate, due to simple miscounting and human error. Further, a few options are locked behind other options, so I may have missed some, and I believe some of them are repeated but given different numbers under different options and I have counted all of them as unique options. So, in short, take these numbers with a grain of salt.

Blood Elf
Male: 7 categories, 89 total options
Female: 11 categories, 111 options

Goblin
Male: 11 categories, 112 options
Female: 11 categories, 120 options

Orc
Male: 16 categories, 123 options
Female: 12 categories, 104 options

Tauren
Male: 15 categories, 109 options
Female: 15 categories, 98 options

Troll
Male: 12 categories, 118 options
Female: 12 categories, 97 options

Undead*
Male: 8 categories, 110 options
Female: 8 categories, 101 options

Pandaren
Male: 7 categories, 103 options
Female: 7 categories, 91 options

Draenei
Male: 10 categories, 101 options
Female: 10 categories, 99 options

Dwarf
Male: 11 categories, 127 options
Female: 9 categories, 110 options

Gnome
Male: 8 categories, 90 options
Female: 7 categories, 93 options

Human*
Male: 10 categories, 170 options
Female: 10 categories, 214 options

Night Elf
Male: 15 categories, 115 options
Female: 16 categories, 119 options

Worgen
Male: 6 categories, 85 options
Female: 5 categories, 89 options

*I believe the numbers in these races are inflated from repeated options

Even if the numbers aren’t 100% accurate, there are a few clear stragglers: male Blood Elves and Worgen. Gnomes could also use some help. Out of all of the core races, male Worgen have the fewest options. Out of every core race, Worgen are the ones with the fewest categories. Male Worgen share the same number of categories as female Dark-Iron Dwarves, Void Elves and Nightborne, and female Worgen have the fewest categories out of any race, including allied races.

You know what could help change that?

TAILS

9 Likes

Human form customization options for our worgen are NOT worgen customization options. This is a detail Blizzard seems to have missed.

9 Likes

Honestly that character option count helps out a lot to give people a idea of just how little we have compared to any races.
Also yeah, one big thing I constantly see people typing out is “Worgens get human customizations too, so they have it better”. No we do not. I and so many other people don’t even use our human forms at all. There are even some worgens out there that don’t even realize they can change back in to their human form. Hell, the main reason a lot of us started playing it was because of the worgen form itself.
Us worgens have been shafted to the side so many times in the past when it comes to our character models. Blizzard did a great job with the new models. Please don’t let it end with just that.
You know what will help out a lot blizzard? Give worgen tails. ;D

4 Likes

I’m one of those who’s stoked that we’re getting all of the new human customization options, especially now that it’s been separated from worgen form, because I actually use my human form every once in a while. However, if given the choice, I would have absolutely chosen new worgen form options over any of the new human form options, because I play a worgen to, you know, play a worgen.

Though at least my characters aren’t walleyed anymore.

3 Likes

I forgot to check this thread for the last three days
Do Worgen have tails yet?
Please say yes

1 Like

We absolutely are getting taxed because of the Human form customization. In Blizzard’s eyes, they probably feel that Worgen have by far the most amount of customization options of any race in the game, and therefore don’t need any more options added.

However, I think the Human form customization is largely irrelevant when you are forced into Worgen form all of the time, so Human form customization being separate from Worgen form customization is really just a bonus and a QoL improvement than customization options that should count towards Worgen form customization.

It would have been pretty bad if all of the Worgen form options would have still been linked to specific Human form options.

It’s baffling that they won’t even add ear piercings and teeth rings as options for Worgen, or even scars separated from face.

I get that piercing options would be tricky because of the wildly different ear models, but Draenei and Goblins both have options that are only available with specific other options, like special jewelry for specific Draenei hairstyles and the nose piercing options that are only available for certain nose options for Goblins.

Even Vulpera have piercing options for their ears and they have wildly different shapes for their ear options.

Worgen need more categories of options for their Worgen form. Period.

3 Likes

Same I was hoping they’d give worgen those human updates as well and they pulled through now I just gotta hope someday we get tails and claw attacks maybe even a transmog for it would be neat.

2 Likes

Speaking of slit pupils! Can you do me a favor and submit a bug report on beta? :smiley:

There is a Sethrak npc, named Emeni. Her model might be bugged. Looking at it on the PTR version of WoWhead her armor/clothing texture looks like it might be bugged? We’re trying to figure out if it really is a bug or something deliberate.

I’d really appreciate it! :heart::snake:

Also, Blizzard please give us Worgen tails!

1 Like

We’re still asking for Worgen tails =)

3 Likes

More tails for Vulpera :tada:

Oh wow quick back in the tub you fluffy.

1 Like

I’ve read people saying there will be more customization options throughout the shadowland expansion in addition to what we’re currently seeing, but I don’t know if that is accurate or not.

I think they said that customization is never going to be done, meaning it will be a thing they’ll always be able to expand on.

So, I would like to think that if we don’t get our race’s longed-for addition at launch, we’ll at least look forward to more in the near future.

I for one have lots of great pandaren and goblin and some tauren customization I’d love to see and have suggested, in addition to worgen customization.

2 Likes

Thing is Worgen have heard this all before. It took us 10 years to get our first changes to the model. That’s a long time to be stuck with the second worst model in WoWs history. When every last race in the game except Worgen got a redo of racials we knew why and when we asked for changes we were told it would cost us a raid tier. This is why we are asking for it now. It can be refined later.

1 Like

Oh yeah I agree. I was just responding to Gaunterr who mentioned things maybe having been finalized. I hope not!

If you do… will there be a /wag emote?

1 Like

Awww that would be so cool! I hope that we can get that to, but we may just end up getting tails, if at all.

3 Likes