Give Worgen Tails (Part 1)

Wow a small handful wants it, and they’re just the vocal minority!
Disgusting, turning a grizzled and conflicted race into cute wittle fuwwies.

3 Likes

You do realize 90% of werewolf lore has their transformed state with tails right?

They’re already furry by definition. 0/10 troll bait.

4 Likes

Of course a vulpera says this…

You’re correct, and worgen aren’t werewolves. And Warcraft has been known to not conform to fantasy norms.

I don’t care if other lycanthropy related stories have tails. Worgen don’t.
Let the furry agenda die.

7 Likes

I see no problem with this, the only stipulation is that it has to be a pug’s tail. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Worgen are werewolves. There is no reason for worgens to not have tails.

There is no furry agenda here, but hey considering furries have been in Warcraft since WC3, Chen and Tauren say hi, it must only exist in your head.

7 Likes

But as an option, tails are gross for some of us

Wrong. It’s made abundantly clear in their lore that they are not werewolves. There’s a significant difference between the two.

This is just a new “high elves for Alliance plis” thread. Let it die.

6 Likes

Remember when Samwise drew a worgen with a tail for V-Day? Good times. :beer:

1 Like

Give Worgen tail options

9 Likes

You just gave a reason why they don’t necessarily need to have tails: they are werewolves, not fully wolves

Worgen don’t have tails because the vanilla models didn’t have tails.

The vanilla models didn’t have tails because they were based on a modified humanoid skeleton. E.g a standard bipedal form. Cheap and easy to do for a one off mob who roams around a minor zone. (I’m guessing here but I’ve worked in game art departments for 20+ years so… it totally smells like the sort of things animators and riggers do when pushed for time)

When they became a major race? Still no tails due to this.

Is it a good thing? Not really. Part of what makes vulpera so awesome is the fact they were reworked from the initial model to include the poofy tail. If I was adding stuff to the worgen I’d certainly see if I could add an attachable tail option.

9 Likes

Of all the things they retcon in this game, giving worgen tails wouldn’t be a big deal, frankly. But at this point they’d need a new model to incorporate it and that’s not happening.

2 Likes

Buff worgen racials please

7 Likes

Thing is though, at least for female models, Blizzard fully intended on giving them tails but the worgen female model also was in severe development hell. We had a completely different model than what went live until 8.2.5 which has been shown in this thread. Same with worgen female concept art with a tail that was official by Blizzard. When it came to these models, Blizzard was under a HUGE time constraint and female models suffered severely for it.

Worgen are pretty much werewolves but not officially called werewolves btw. It’s still Blizz’s own thing, however, THERE IS A REASON WE ARE SAYING LET IT BE A FREAKEN OPTION PEOPLE.

Dark Skinned Elves, Asian Humans, Upright Orcs - they were NEVER in the game and now they are. God forbid if players of the worgen race want another customization feature to make up for the discrepancies!

11 Likes

Again, 90% of werewolf lore has werewolves in their hybrid form having tails. Even White Wolf’s World of Darkness werewolves have tails. That setting is about as grim dark as they come this side of Cyberpunk/Shadowrun.

Let worgen players have a tail option.

5 Likes

still don’t get why another piece of media depicting werewolves with tails means this one has to as well

8 Likes

Well no one said that cant be an option, like the give worgen tails is more for the meme but the idea is getting tail option and be able to customize it. Give Worgen tails

5 Likes

Im back to bump this thread, because worgen tails give

8 Likes

Give us tails!

9 Likes

Everyone on the forums is a software engineer or a dev of some sort. People don’t buy it anymore, so it’s not really the sort of thing to use to support your arguments.

1 Like