Give Void Elves Natural Hair Colors

If Blizzard caved to the demands to make Void Elves a carbon copy of Blood Elves then Void Elves will have more skin choices (excluding DH/DK skins), more hairstyles, more hair colors, and more beard options than the core race and that feels terrible.

21 Likes

You can have this opinion, but I disagree. I don’t look at the Horde and say, “Man! Orcs can get green skin! I want my human to have green skin!” I’m not counting up added options to each race. Belves don’t lose anything because velves gain something. Belves have still gained a ton of customization options. And… Alliance or Horde, players are still players.

I mean, if belves want velf facial hair options (or tentacles, but I don’t think belf fans want tentacles), then, personally… Have 'em.

In this case, it’s a pragmatism thing. High elves have been requested since Vanilla. Sure, high elves could be made into their own race, but… Eh…? Honestly, as much as I love elves, even I don’t want another elf race.

Plus, the metaphor really breaks down. “Orcs = Pandaren” isn’t anywhere near the magnitude of “One Alliance Elf Race = Another Alliance Elf Race”. If giving Velves a few different colors solves most of the problem, then… Why not? Yes, they aren’t true high elves, but if they look like a high elf, then… that’s a solid 90%+ in my book.

8 Likes

Of course you can. Customizations that further homogenize the races are definitely wrong.

12 Likes

Yes please, strip the last bit of identity the race has.

11 Likes

Ok let me see if that’s your natural hair color drop your…oh wait NVM

1 Like

Actually they haven’t.

Compare male Blood Elves

To male Night Elves.

Can you really tell me with a straight face that we’ve gotten a lot of options?

18 Likes

But again, Thalassians are an exception to the rule, wherein they are all different flavors of the same race. It’s just allowing Alliance players to play something that looks almost identical to the High Elf race they’ve been shown since BC.

And this isn’t even happening. You can still make a voidy-void elf. I’ll definitely keep some of my velves as voidy! It just gives more options to the players who want to play helves.

Fair point, but that still doesn’t mean that blood elves lose anything they’ve gained because void elves get a ctrl-c + ctrl-p of their colors.

5 Likes

They lose exclusivity AND the AR winds up with superior option quantity than the CORE race.

That is not okay.

I mean you guys have gotten a second visual theme before a core race has even gotten scars when it isn’t even AR customization time yet.

27 Likes

+1 to this thread!

I just went on PTR and looked at the new Void Elf skintones and they look realllly off without having some natural hair colors like blonde, white, and black to go with them.

Even if they only added in those 3 colors I think a lot of Velf/Helf fans would be over the moon. White and black especially works for both “Void Elf” and “High Elf” aesthetics.

16 Likes

That’s a lot of customization considering no other AR is getting any.

And you can play Horde if you want a blood elf.

11 Likes

It’s almost like Core races are getting their pass first or something.

2 Likes

We got 3 hair styles, 3 hair colors, 3 necklaces, bracelets, and arm bands. And a choice to go with silver or gold.

That’s not as much as other races. Nor does that mean anything. In a game all about faction identity, neutering the individuality of another race is bad. You should not get everything we have under any circumstance, and nothing you say will change my mind on that.

Means nothing. Legitimately do not care. I play both factions. That doesn’t mean that I should have access to all options.

23 Likes

Don’t listen Blizz! MORE tentacles! MORE void swirls! MORE grease!

23 Likes

Male Blood Elves are getting even less than females.

4 new skin colors that void elves are getting too.
3 hairstyles.
3 hair colors.
3 beards.
2 ear model options that void elves will probably get too.

9 Likes

Even the grotesque caveman gets it.

5 Likes

Had the op bothered to participate in the megathreads he’d know people have come up with other suggestions aside from completely decimating everything that makes Blood Elves unique such as using Kul’Tiran hair styles and colors or hairstyles from other Alliance races.

6 Likes

I think giving them just the basic blonde, brown, and red hair colors would get the job done while leaving the tentacles on the hairstyles that have them would be a good middle ground here.

6 Likes

This is an internet argument. I have 0 expectations of changing anyone’s opinions. But, the more you post, the more I can post, and the more visibility this thread gets, and hopefully that means Blizz might have a higher chance of seeing it! I’m an optimist, and I think I can help :smiley: Plus, I just like arguing, believe it or not. Until it gets boring because all the points to be made have been made.

Still, you’re right. I was wrong. Belves got a scant amount of new options. You did leave out skintones, though. Should they get more options? Probably. Definitely more beard options, at least. However, again, to me, that doesn’t constitute as a reason to not give void elves options to make them look like canon-friendly, Alliance-aligned High Elves.

I agree, I don’t want Alliance Orcs or Horde dwarves. However, Thalassians are the exception to the rule, since they have different flavors that occupy both sides of the faction split.

Agree to disagree on the weight of exclusivity. I prioritize character choice in an MMO over “faction exclusivity”, which really isn’t exclusive, since players can play both factions anyways.

Blonde is the BIG ask. But yeah! Those would be cool!

Ad hominem arguments aside, that’s fine! I mean… I didn’t say “give void elves blood elf hair colors!” I said “give void elves natural hair colors!” It’s in the title :smiley: Kul’tirans have natural hair colors too. The hair styles are optional, but definitely preferred! Sure, I’ll take any non-tentacly hair styles, even Kul’Tiran ones :smiley:

4 Likes

Maybe because theres no male blood elves ?

1 Like

Lies and slander!