Give Void Elves Natural Hair Colors

Anyway. Void elves should also get blue and pink hair colours.

2 Likes

I am more into white, blonde and black color.

Also can anyone explain the story of the Lannisters? How did they go from high elf love thread creator to anti love?

That’s really besides the point. I’m saying I think it’s a bit much to ascribe maliciousness to someone questioning whether Alleria or Umbric is the leader because yes, it is actually a bit unclear.

1 Like

That seems like reading into what hes saying honestly.

I’ll grant you that part does follow.

Noted though while during the opening quests for Void Elves both Alleria and Umbric actually talk, which is unique among AR’s.

I do not think she is the racial leader. She is a guide and a representative. Also I’m both a Void Elf, Night Elf, and Blood Elf player… Not to mention every other race in this game. I’m hardly so limited.

I’ve just been using Fenelon for High/Void/Blood related matters of late.

The original point that started this line was actually about how Alleria is ONE single elf with the normal skin tones who is canonically a Void Elf.

So I don’t see why the race has to change to fit one character over another when it dilutes the Void Elves as they are.

Which is why this is totally fair.

You’ve had that explained plenty of times to you. You’re not a fool. Those tattoos specifically have reasonable claims on all sides of this coin. They should not be withheld from one or the other.

That you hint you might want it withheld is interesting to say the least given you want the Hair colors shared.

No I want them to have lore added that explains the process of them gaining new members.

I DO NOT want to lose what it means to be a Void Elf just because a few folk want to look like a blue eyed blonde haired elf they can already play.

With the skintones you already have the RP tools you need to be a High Elf.

It kinda got buried in a different conversation. Not sure they missed it exactly as it was just lost in the words.

To be fair it all started off of what I said though. So the original point was lost along the way.

I like that.

Just ask him about it. Hes told that story a few times in this thread and the actual continuation thread.

2 Likes

An industrious family made their best to advance in Westeros society and ended up backstabbing the king and taking a lot of power only to backstab yet another king which complicated everything until most of them died.

1 Like

Yeah I’m quite curious why Alleria is the one who gives us the new Void Elf player intro quest, and gives us our Heritage armor, and is listed on Wowpedia as our Racial Leader, if she’s apparently not our leader :woozy_face:

More and more scrambling per usual

3 Likes

This is what Blizzard thinks, actually:

Q: In the dwarf starting area, you are very much a Bronzebeard dwarf. That’s quite explicit in the story that’s being told there when you start a dwarf character. With the introduction of something like the Wildhammer tattoos, which obviously make you look like a Wildhammer, are you a Wildhammer if you use those tattoos?

A: It’s a little complex because we asked ourselves the question of, we have these really cool options like Wildhammer tattoos, but does that mean we need to make a Wildhammer starting experience? If we give trolls skin options that look like other troll tribes besides Darkspear, does that mean we have to make new starting experiences for them as well? The onus of that would’ve meant that we couldn’t do these things because that would be so much time and would consume so many resources to be able to do that, that it just wouldn’t have been practical for us to do. And so then the question is, do we limit the options that we give players because of some storyline concern, or resource concern, or anything like that? And we said, no. We’re not gonna’ do that. So while we’re not gonna’ give you a dedicated Wildhammer starting experience if you pick those tattoos, the freedom should be there in your mind to roleplay your character how you want to roleplay them. Whatever tattoos, customizations, whatever skin color options you pick, come up with a story that fits your character, and that’s your place in the world. And regardless of what quest text is, or how it refers to you, remember that it’s your choice and your character, and you get to express yourself that way. That’s at the bottom line of what we want Azeroth to be. We want it to be this welcoming place that lets all those options be out there, lets people experience them, and again, choose the path that your character wants to be. And don’t let anyone else tell you what your character can or can’t be. You decide that.

So we’ll keep asking for High Elf and Half Elf options for Void Elves, because that’s what they are as per Blizzard’s official stance.

You’re entitled to your own opinion of course. :hugs:

13 Likes

You spilled :tea: :bowing_woman:

2 Likes

I don’t think Lanny was actually saying you couldn’t roleplay as whatever you wanted to roleplay as. I believe he was discussing canon.

3 Likes

While Blizzard uses the word roleplay in that answer however, they also use a functional explanation of starter zones. This is their way of adding new allied races, or subraces without going to the hassle of a big introduction, unique jokes, unique zones and so.
It’s a new choice they are giving us, doesn’t mean it’s a fake choice, it’s just an easier way to bring forth that choice. One that had been discussed since forever when people asked for brown skin for orcs and so.

6 Likes

The guy didn’t say “this is definitely canon”. He said you can roleplay what you want. The fact you’re having to unpack what they said means, at best, what they said wasn’t clear.

You’re free to ask for something, just as I’m free to ask for something not to be added.

5 Likes

I think we need a Goofus and Gallant thing here

Gallant expresses upset about void elf new colors for benign reasons, like not wanting to lessen the void aspect, or a skin tone they wanted not being included.

Goofus goes off on a racially charged rant about dark skin colors being wrong.

4 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD6qtc2_AQA&ab_channel=JacobM

2 Likes

https://image.slidesharecdn.com/socialmediaguidelineswithgoofusandgallant-100304134646-phpapp01/95/social-media-guidelines-with-goofus-and-gallant-7-728.jpg?cb=1267711534

Where is everyone when someone gets nasty over blue eyes and blonde hair?

1 Like

Nightborne or Vulpera Druids

A mystery not even the void can unravel.

1 Like

I also am in agreement that Void elves need White and Black hair colors the current, blue,purple,pink is cool and all but very limited. I just prefer neutral base colors even if it has tentacles involved.

I mean it’s about that time Blood Elves have gotten the Dark Archer red eyes and pale skin appearance yeah? I don’t feel a simple white and black hair color ruins the identity of Void Elves. At the end of the day we was both High Elves at one point.

2 Likes

Anyway, it’s been fun coming back for a while. But real life calls me again! :sweat_smile:

I’m glad I had the chance to speak again with some good old friends. We’ll see each other in game or in the Legacy of the Quel’dorei Discord server. If you like High Elves, WoW, diversity or fun open-minded people to chat with, you’re more than welcome to join! Ask Sara for an invitation link. :wink:

And remember:

Love you all!! :hugs::kissing_heart:

8 Likes

Now that Blood Elves have the same blue and purple eyes as Velves, and have gotten blue-ish hair colors and more shades of black, and Void Elves got Belf skintones, the two races can almost look literally identical anyways.

Why don’t we just worry about giving Belves more options to make them an actually visually distinct race (tattoos, runnic scars, dark ranger options, etc.) instead of complaining that another race has similar COLOR options to them.

How does one join this server :open_mouth:

Also was great seeing your high quality posts as usual :smiley: :star_struck: I love seeing all the High Elf mogs

6 Likes