Give us option to report people for "non topic" politics

The same GMs review tickets/reports on all servers.

If there’s more action being taken it’s just because more people are reporting.

Personally, I see the same crap day in day out and no one gets silenced. I’ve only ever been silenced myself for a blatant racial slur (not meant seriously, but I totally get why I’d be reported and silenced for that).

i see it all the time. first hand. they also force name changes for anything not roleplay if reported. they dont play games.

is not chat issues. Don’t conflate the two.

1 Like

Again, all report based. Maybe your specific server has a really anal community who reports everything while others don’t. Certainly isn’t RP-Server wide.

1 Like

the rules are different for roleplay servers, and the gm’s know that, so they dont regulate them the same as other servers, even if they are modding all types.

Here’s your answer.

1 Like

I’m so used to having any chats ‘off’ that I forgot to turn on my party tab while leveling an alt. Had three “Thank you” comments, and one guy who was freaking out on the group for most of a run before he left.

I didn’t notice his ‘freakin’ until 15-20 mins lapsed.
Pretty funny/sad stuff to have someone in your group have complete meltdown and you don’t even notice/care.:joy:

Guess I’m a bot of a different type now.

The rules regarding chat are exactly the same. Only naming rules are different, and honestly I’m not even sure that’s true anymore. I remember not being able to find the support article about that last time I looked for it.

Thanks, Floyln.

Nowhere in this response does it state that RP servers are treated any differently.
If a RP server has more reporting there may be more silencing though.

it literally does. read it again.

Please highlight exactly where in the CM’s response it specifically mentions RP servers.
Thanks.

literally says they allow realms to make determinations on what they consider spam, and that in some cases it is not overturned based on the content and situation.

Which literally explains that when on a roleplay realm the realm type is based on a different set of rules and then upheld as per the gm making the decision and the context of it happening on a roleplay type server being different and more accountable since it upsets a playstyle.

Your interpretation.
You cannot quote the CM because the post does not specify differing treatment for RP servers with regard to Trade chat.

There are no different rules for Trade chat on RP servers. Vrakthris quoted:
“If you are discussing other subjects in the channel, other players on your realm can consider those unwanted messages as spam. They may report it as such and therefore the penalties associated with spam may be applied to the person reported.”

That’s for all realms not just RP servers. If there were special rules for RP server Trade chat, it would have been clearly stated by the CM. It was not.
You may be pushing this to discourage people from discussion on your RP server but just use RCR and let the employees reviewing the report do their job.

it says enforcement varies depending on server and gm interpretation. You are not winning this argument, bucko.

It’s people talking about things happening in real life. If you don’t like it, ignore them or make your own chat channel with your friends so you can have your safe space away from reality. They’re not going to start banning people for talking about real life topics in game.

1 Like

You’re welcome to ask for that clarification in the Customer Support forum.
But you will not get what you seek. Trade chat moderation is the same on all servers. RCR and they will review the report. There is no special moderation of Trade chat for RP servers.

This is a separate issue from Trade chat.

Ban people for being social in a social centric game.

Just because you dont want to talk politics doesnt mean other people shouldn’t.

2 Likes

What does your educational degree even matter in a topic of kids learning things like politics? That kid prolly knows more then Karen thinks.

3 Likes

Sorry bucko but if trade chat is gonna be filled with things not trade related I shall discuss whatever topics I choose that are not against the ToS

1 Like

parents should have to take classes