Give pro flyers their own servers

I’m curious why you asked me this before reading the conversation.

It’s absolutely false that Classic is dying or full of dead realms. It’s absolutely true that Sul’thraze is the only Classic server with low pop.

These things that you and Galdor are posting as fact are actually not fact. Thus, the cool thing about facts is that anyone can check them out for themselves.

Next time you might read the conversation you’re replying to. It’s the polite thing to do.

Give entitled brats their own server. PAHLEEZEEEEEE. Blizzard… PLEASE???

Talk about killing a murder of birds with one stone. That would be the golden bullet that would get revenue back to pre Generation Z levels.

Not likely. It was more within the 3.5-4k range (concurrent players). Server cap was at about 20k:

http://progression-annexe.blogspot.com/2016/04/how-many-players-was-there-on-vanilla.html

I hope the OP likes to wait on lines before getting on the rides, or more to the point waiting on line to cash his check at the bank.

The first run through a zone? Sure, lets walk around… two months later… its just a line you have to get through to get to the fun bit you are really there for.

This shows absolutely nothing, you know that right? Some of those Medium realms don’t break 1k concurrent players ever.

Surprisingly wrong again.

“Please also note that our realm population estimates of Low, Medium, High, and Full are based on this increased capacity – a Medium realm today already has more characters on it than even the most crowded realms did back in 2006.”

And then they actually did increase the number of concurrent players:

lol no

10chars

Felstriker is listed as a Medium pop server. Felstriker currently has 120 players online, Alliance and Horde combined.

Felstriker never has more than 1,000 players online.

“Today”
“Characters on it”

Today back then is not today now. Characters doesn’t necessarily mean concurrent. All you have to do is login to one of these dead servers and spend 30 seconds doing a /who.

Vanilla servers didn’t have a cap of 20k. Mark Kern said the maximum the hardware could handle was 4,000 concurrent players.

You know, it’s quite easy to make stuff up simply because you want to be right. There’s absolutely nothing to show that anything you say has any basis in reality.

You should also be aware that a server status changes due to concurrent players at that time. That’s why peak times will show a server full and off hours may show it high or medium.

But hey, don’t take my word for it, go check it out for yourself.

Who is “you”?
There is alot of terrain that is not very friendly. Icecrown comes to mind…

Also you are a minority.

Also, as literally thousands and thousands of posts have already said , don’t fly if it make the immersion better for you.

I am sorry but even the “pathfinder thing” makes me think of when my children were younger and they would come back from school and say :"daddy daddy look at the picture I drew today!!

The only real reason for removing flight is to keep people playing longer. Times have changed and so has the WoW target market. Many of whom have grown up, have children and work, leaving little time to play.

I don’t think anyone is considering your idea. People are already stating they are not re-subbing fro Shadowlands if Pathfinder is in the game.

I respect your opinion however I don’t agree with it.

Money VS Hagustus point of view.

Truer words have never been spoken. Actually spend some effort to back up your claims (that are wrong) and login to some of these dead servers and check how many people are online at prime time.

Hint, it’s not 4k, which means that a Medium server is currently not as active as a Full Vanilla server.

As a fan of Classic, lemme follow this up with…

1 Like

Could I ask you a favor? Could you please learn to read? The link differentiated between concurrent players and server cap. That was explained. A Vanilla server had about 20k players created but only 4k of those players could be playing concurrently. I’m sure you’re familiar with login queues?

Maybe not.

i thought we were going to be talking about having servers for people really good at flying.

im a little disappointed.

1 Like

I didn’t bother reading your link because you’re been trolling non-stop for quite some time.

Login to Felstriker and tell me that Medium server is more active than any Vanilla server. Lie again, go ahead.

What dead servers?

Everything you’ve said thus far is wrong. Everything.

1 Like

Well, I’ve given your idea the consideration it deserves and I’ve reached what I believe to be a thoughtful conclusion based on experiental and anecdotal information.

3 Likes

Felstriker, go.

Flamelash:

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/ecldkw/current_state_of_flamelash/

They did give pro flyers their own servers. You are in one of them.

They also gave you walking types your own.

To make it simple:

Retail: flying servers
Classic: walking servers

1 Like

Horde are still there. Go see. But here’s the story of how the alliance fled an unbalanced server leaving it basically a horde pve server:

The server isn’t dead, just the alliance population. Two very different things.