Give players gold for reporting botters

Your “reward” is that the game has fewer bots.

No, you get a letter saying something along the lines of:

“…Thank you for your report…appropriate action has been taken…”

It is a standard automated reply for anyone that opened a report about a potential bot.

That is it, and appropriate action can be anything including, but not limited to:

• It was not a bot, and we did nothing to the player.

• There was nothing suspicious at all.

• It was a bot and got banned.

• It was a real player using a macro program, they received a warning.

But the reviewer will NEVER tell another player what the appropriate action was.

Not sure where this misinformation started about Blizzard telling you they banned someone.

Are you seeing where you made a mistake?

“I work for actibuzzard”

“I wear a tin-foil hat and think everyone is part of a big conspiracy”

You dont fool me david, and if the internet chatter is anything to go buy…

More people know about you than ever b4.

And thats a good thing.

Blizzard should give us gold just for beta testing their game all expansion.

I havent reported anyone during TBC, I’ve got mail twice about how my reports are helping. It is just a pointless pr mail that some people fall for apparently.

2 Likes

There would also be an incentive to do the wrong thing. That’s worse.

1 Like

So 0g earned, yes?

Psssst! Wanna see some frozen alien bodies? Meet me at the east gate of Area 51, tell them Gomer Pyle sent you. They should take you to the right place.

Also what could happen is the botters would make “mass report balls” and go to major farming hubs and just mass report everyone to try and get the automated gold reward and have less competition. If their CS is overwhelmed that bad they wouldn’t be able to handle the reports and a lot of false bans would go through like you mentioned paired with the botters trying to exploit it for gold / less farming competition.

They actually BAN someone for that? :joy:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.