Give players gold for reporting botters

They tell you if action is taken?

OP, this would become an abused mess shorty.

Here is what would happen. People would begin reporting anything that even remotely looked suspicious in the hopes of getting lucky. This would create a massive influx of reports, overloading an already poor amount of individuals reviewing reports. Now completely overloaded, these individuals would start reducing how much time they spend on each report. More errors crop up. Some people might get banned by mistake, some legitimate bot reports might get overlooked, etc. This creates more tickets to fix the errors. A snowball effect happens and the system suffers even more.

Not a good idea at all.

4 Likes

This is incorrect.

No they do not. This is misinformation. All they say is a standard canned response stating, “action has been taken”, not what action, just action. Which could be anything from “We looked at the player and there was nothing wrong, so we did nothing to them”, all the way up to, “It was a bot and got banned”. But they will never tell you what that action was though.

1 Like

Then there would be an incentive to do the right thing. We can’t have that.

You do realize that blizz profits off the botters right? Now you want to report botters that sell gold and then you want gold essentially from the botter that you reported? lol

2 Likes

Oh cool, I just made 1000g today doing basically nothing! Weeee!

Give players epics for reporting botters

Maybe, if the system also penalized you for false reporting. Like, making a false claim costs you the same amount of gold you would have gained for a legitimate report.

So that no one would ever report, out of fear of losing gold.

Nah, you’d just get more bread.

No, to prevent abuse of the system. Without a penalty, players would run around reporting everyone, playing the odds of getting a hit and getting gold for it.

Because you know darn well a gold for reporting feature would get SOOOOO abused.

No you don’t.

You get an automatically generated email telling you they took appropriate action.

Which means that Blizzard immediately deleted your botting report.

1 Like

Them just deleting it is, technically, “action taken”.

:smile_cat:

Appropriate action.

1 Like

Give free epic flying when you server transfer

… no no… people would always refuse to report… because FEAR OF PENALTY.

I actually agree with this.

Give us 10g per bot we report that is banned.

Then you would get a bunch of bots that start reporting every player to make gold now instead =D

1 Like

No he/she is correct in the sense that you do get in game mail with a thank you for reporting ect ect. I’ve yet to see an email sent to me from blizz for reporting bots lol. But again I’m not saying you’re wrong but neither are they.