Give me your best pitch for an Allied Race

Two different pirate factions from the south seas. Like Aldor and Scryer, members of either faction can join either group of pirates, and the focus of the expansion is the battle between pirate factions, which helps break apart the tired Horde/Alliance thing.

2 Likes

Sethrak.

A new and unique race with some compelling lore that’s a bit different than what we have on the character selection screen.

WoW is well overdue for a reptilian race and IMO, the Sethrak could be quite the iconic race and are definitely one of the more unique ones WoW has come up with.

:snake::pray:

Alternatively I have an entire thread I wrote with another forum goer that you can read.

3 Likes

Oh that is a good thread.

1 Like

I think I’ll do another.

Race: Man’ari Eredar – commonly referred to as just “Man’ari”.
Faction: Horde
Racial Leader: Rakeesh (revived) – oh dear, poor Velen would lose his mind.
Classes: Demon Hunter, Hunter, Mage, Priest, Rogue, Warlock, Warrior – maybe Death Knight if Bolvar is still raising more of them.
Racial Abilities: Their racial abilities would be fel-based. Considering the demonic cycle of death and rebirth, perhaps a Man’ari player can get a free rez (with a long CD), but to balance it out they also get a weakness debuff that lasts for a few minutes.

Lore: After the Legion’s defeat, the Man’ari people, having been fractured and struggling to survive for a while, start to rebuild their society on Argus under the guidance of Rakeesh, who was eventually revived. The Draenei and the Lightforged understandably see this as a direct threat, and unbeknownst to the rest of the Alliance a few rogue forces of Draenei and Lightforged mount an attack on the Man’ari and attempt to wipe them out for good. Desperate, Rakeesh, with total mistrust of the Alliance and the hatred of his father still burning deep in his heart, directly petitions the Horde for help, appealing to their history of offering second chances and insisting that the Man’ari are no longer a threat and just want to exist like anyone else. Albeit very reluctantly, the Horde Council agrees to help them and the Horde player is tasked with routing the rogue Alliance forces and saving the Man’ari. Once accomplished, Rakeesh pledges the loyalty of the Man’ari to the Horde. And unsurprisingly, the incident causes tensions to rise between the factions.

1 Like

Wonderful! Thank you!

1 Like

jinyu, done.

1 Like

clears throat “Ducks…”

Murlocs. A GOO BLAH BLAHBA!

Race: The Lizard People - commonly referred to as the Lizard People
Faction: The Lizard faction
Racial Leader: The Crab King
Classes: The Lizard ones.
Racial Abilities: Lizard Skills. Able to do lizard like things such as discreetly running a world government.

Lore: The Lizard people created the universe and have installed themselves in the highest echelons of all major governments and scientific research labs throughout planet Earth Azeroth

Sethrakk, multiple races of undead (Dark Rangers PLEASE), thinks, ethereal, ogres, vrykul!

Gonna copy/paste an old bit I threw together.

Alliance: Jinyu/Ankoan

To make up for their lack of sexual dimorphism, their first customization option is a selection between the Jinyu and Ankoan bodytypes, with each offering a unique subset of customizations. Each gender will have a few differentiating options such as unique skin tones (ie, females will have a few shades that go into more vibrant purples and yellows, males will have some for deeper reds and oranges). Their ground mount would be a tricked-out Snapdragon, tamed from the depths of Nazjatar, and their flying mount would be a Tidespeaker’s Water Serpent, a construct in a shape similar to a Cloud Serpent, but using a texture similar to the Glacial Tidestormer (think something like this but shorter).

This also fulfills the Alliance’s want for a new race with an exotic appearance (and a race they’ve asked for with zero monkey-paw-ing), and they’re also a great candidate for Shaman.

Horde: Mogu

In addition to the usual features, Mogu would have extra skin tones that serve as “stoneforged” options, where they’re more obviously made from stone: selecting one of the stone skins would alter their hair textures to look more like they were carved, their eyes would change to gemstones, and their glowing tattoos would look more like runic carvings. Their ground mount would be a quilen with a set of stormforged armor, befitting the Stormkeepers who now appear to lead them (ie, massive horns, an electric current running down its mane, etc.), and their flying mount would be a new creature based on the Pixiu, a sort of dragon-lion hybrid from Chinese mythology.

This also gives the Horde a proper cart in the Titan Artifact race against the Dwarves and Gnomes, should that ever be relevant again. Or rather, a rival that isn’t a group of bootleg Indiana Jones fanelves.

“Me sorry, no hurt”

1 Like

I’d throw corrupted paladin in there…Tyrant Velhari was a cool boss.
I saw this blood elf the other night in a raid wearing a whole fel themed outfit. It just reinforced my thoughts that a fel wielding paladin would be pretty cool.

1 Like

Here’s my best pitch.

A 94MPH curveball. Have fun!

Semper Fi!

I really think there should be a race built from the ground up then just “Let’s just add a reskinned race with no imagination” They could be still allied races but use the concept when it comes to the Vulpera which wasn’t seen till it’s expansion. (The race just uses a rig from another race)

Alliance
Eystire
Classes: Warrior, Paladin, Priest, Hunter, Rogue, Druid, Mage
Race Rig: Worgen
Mount: Winged Lion
Description : Lore
The Eystire are a noble race of Humanoid Equines who have been on the side lines of Azeroth’s History, keeping to themselves from the other races. The Devotion to the Light dominates their culture known as the Knights of the Golden Light. The Druidic culture of the Eystire are more wild then their brethren who worship the Wild Spirits, lesser cousins to the Wild Gods and Loa in terms of power.

Horde:
Ogre
Classes: Warrior, Hunter, Warlock, Priest, Mage, Shaman
Race Rig: Kul Tirans
Mount: Some sort of Ape
Description : Lore
Unlike most Ogres we know about, these Ogres are survivors from Gul Dan’s fleet that sailed towards the broken isles. Escaping the massacre of the demons at the temple, the Ogres left on their own to form a new nation on distant lands. It was rumors of a new Horde that some of these Ogres attempted to reconnect to the old days and the other tribes.

Note:
Why I didn’t add Death Knights and Monks. One major reason is the two races would have no connection to the other races of Azeroth or their events. Be it either Arthas’ Death Knights or Bolivar’s Death Knights. Nor would they have encounter the Panderian to train as Monks.

Sethrak, Ogre, and Man’ari Eredar all horde. I don’t give a crap what the alliance gets.

1 Like

Jinyu: a race of humanoid fish-like creatures that live in the Jade Forest in Pandaria.

More neutral races so players can choose which faction to join like the Pandaren. The covenant races would be good choices to start with since both factions are equally involved in their stories.

blood elves but with a different adjective