Give Each Bracket Unique Rewards

Big problem with having so many brackets is people just take the path of least resistance to earn rewards. Have rewards up to 1800 overlap after that do this (tabard excluded that stays 2400 for all brackets):

• Shuffle/BGB/3s(2s) should all have different unique rewards that don’t entirely overlap (other than gladiator in 3s).

• 3s should have recolors of old elite sets (up to Legion) & Tyranny Illusion (1 recolor per xpac), gladiator mount.

• BGB should have recolors of BfA S1/S2 Elite Sets & Armored Gryphon/Wyvern mounts for Strategist. (Stromgarde Alliance Red or Bleeding Hollow Horde Green BfA S1/S2 sets anyone?).

• Shuffle should have the 1950 illusion, unique armored shuffle legend mount (different from gladiator) & pennant.

add dynamic q to 2s/3s too pls

10 Likes

yes please.

1 Like

well

that equires the devs do something

and they r pretty lazy . they dont do much

eots specific q has been broke for 5 weeks now

Everyone else gets a mount for 75% achievements, but BGB requires rank 1? Lol

Why is this a problem?

Hey Auz, thanks for stoppin by!

3 Likes

Ah, so it’s not a problem. Got it.

Thats a great Idea OP!!!

Cost of the game and expansions, wow shop revenue, 15 bucks a month, yeahhhh…

The fact that there are not better rewards is a big mid finger to the players.

Nothing will force people back to 3s. It’s dead.

1 Like

It would follow the traditional format that rbgs had as well. Plus it’s far too easy in a bg format for people to be hard carried by the team.

Wait, Marshall/Warlord is not r1 what are we on about?

1 Like

I’m honestly all for this. Keys have different rewards/titles from raid, and they’re both flavors of pve content, similar to rbgs vs arena.

1 Like

The traditional format where there’s no mount in either RBGs, or RSS?

Almost every person I know of who has a Glad mount got their first with players who are better than they are/were at the time. Just no one brings it up unless it’s someone that isn’t well liked. Lol

Which is really ironic that we pick on DH players who buy them, come to think of it. What’s the difference between a Blazing Boost, and if I got Flapz/Sucio to queue with me for a month? In both scenarios I would be getting carried.

He didn’t say Strategist, so in the event of this season I assumed he meant Forged Marshal/Warlord.

Practically? No difference. Seaneydh paid asbur and zhang to play with him, but he still legitimately bounced between slots 1-5 on the ladder and beat all the other r1 teams. He’s consistently one of the best DHs in NA when he plays. Functionally speaking, getting a free/paid coach vs carry are all roughly the same.

However, there is a semantic difference in that networking and being social and people playing with someone because they WANT to feels more appropriate given that, at the end of the day, this is a game and games should be about fun and the people we choose to play with.

I think it’s fundamentally different to criticize someone for being successful and criticizing someone who tries to Ego other people over a success they didn’t earn on their own merits.

There’s a MASSIVE canyon between the average gladiator and a r1 player and a gap just as large between a tournament-level-player (or asbur).
Similarly, there’s a difference between someone grinding out their first glad and playing with someone who’s constantly r1/tournament level of play.

1 Like

I agree entirely, I just like arguing with Cov. Lol I do however think there’s plenty of carry potential in 3s, so R1 for a mount in BGB versus Glad/Legend seems a little unfair (especially when we’re discussing a unique mount) based on ‘easier to get carried in BGB.’

Which is the only reason I comment on these posts anyway, they always show clear bias towards the OP’s preferred content. 3s gets the best retired mogs? Lol

Which it’s all moot anyway. Anyone who can’t see the writing on the wall that queued content, like every other major competitive game on the planet, is the direction Blizzard is headed is just ignoring the obvious. From a business standpoint? When you see season after season that queued content gets the lion’s share of the activity, it’s hard to keep a less popular activity afloat simply because it’s more prestigious.

In my opinion, things are fine as they are. Let the 3s players have their drake, let RSS have their legend/r1 and let BGB have their strategist/r1. If 3s dies off eventually, like I suspect it will, then we can examine giving mounts to other brackets.

1 Like

There’s really 4 things that need to be done:

1. Each rated bracket 2s, 3s, RSS, BGB need there own rewards from the lowest rating to rank one.
  2. Rewards need to return to percentage-base (IE top 10%) rather than flat rating (IE 1800).
  3. There needs to be less space between rewards so there aren’t “walls” where hitting the next reward feels insurmountable causing people to quit where they are.
  4. Rewards need to be meaningful and feel worthwhile, or no one will bother or care. This goes from lowest reward to highest, and for each bracket.

The above will encourage people to play the bracket that they personally prefer rather than that which simply has the least resistance. It will be fair and rewards will feel consistent in difficulty throughout the season, and from season to season. People will feel encouraged to continue to push to reach the next reward which will feel within reach. Laslty, if rewards are “cool” enough, it will encourage people to step outside their “preferred” bracket to give another bracket a try.

It was very clear last expansion this all needed to be done, so I was very disappointed there wasn’t any attempt to restructure the reward process for rated pvp in WW.

All of this is irrelevant because it’s only said due me not editing out the first part of my reply, which was also irrelevant when I edited but left it up because I ran out of time on break lol.

Fair, but really it’s just the 2300 achievement.

In that case, I think Fridge is being too lenient on the BGB mount, and it should be Strategist. Lol

1 Like

Fixed, I did mean reg Warlord/Marshal not Forged.

Forgot BGB had it’s own legend title so changed it to that.

BfA s1/2 elite recolors pls.

2 Likes

Every bracket of PvP, from arena to world pvp, even the shuffles have their fan favorites, and each one should have specific rewards.

Best would be a sick mount for each bracket.

Alliance/Horde mounts for BGB.
Gladiator mount for 3s.
Legend mount for RSS.

Each using their own models.

1 Like