Give Druid Forms Quality Of Life Update Before We Riot

Like actually? Trading post is cool, but druids can barely appreciate it. The current forms are ugly, outdated, and a lot of the new player base doesnt have access to earning legion forms. We just dont want to look like crap anymore. Thanks

10 Likes

They donā€™t have access to Legion forms? Aside from the original MT, what ones are they being denied access to?

The first form is required in order to obtain the later ones. No glow cats if you started playing after legion, fire kitty looks rough, owl cat, and incarn cats are whatever but not nearly as sought after. Legion cat forms were arguably the best. Mage tower gives a cool bear form in a ā€œlegion styleā€ but no reward other than transmog for feral, which you wont even see 90% of the time.

3 Likes

Right. And the first form is the easiest to get. Thereā€™s no one being denied access to these forms. Minus the glowy kitties (I honestly donā€™t care much for them).

Theyā€™re denied 1 skin of all the legion ones. Thatā€™s it. I wouldnā€™t say thatā€™s barring new players from access to these skins

Sometimes I think some of the ā€œprestigeā€ forms outshine the work they did on other forms making them too overlooked.

But I too would really like some ā€œhalf-wayā€ forms. There are some lore appropriate excuses for this. (Just look at many priests of the Loa for instance).

If personalization is a goal for the development team then a drastic increase in forms should be one of those goals. All classes have their uniqueness and forms are ours.

1 Like

The point of this post is that Druids havenā€™t had any updated forms since Legion, except for a modernized cheetah travel. For a class thatā€™s almost always in form, thatā€™s bad. Itā€™s been how many years since Legion? You canā€™t defend that.

5 Likes

I would like a recolor legion Mage Tower Bear Forms and cat forms just to add to my collection.

I would REALLY REALLY though want some Moonkin forms. Been rocking the moon-chicken for years and itā€™s bland.

Would really like a glyph of sun stars. The sunny version of the starry glyph we currently have.

Quality of life has nothing to do with a cosmetic form are you okay?

It generally means making the class more smooth, easier to play/pickup and maintain your role. Quality of life has absolutely NOTHING to do with what your form looks like.

Actually, quality of life could mean a more updated cosmetic.

The definition is the standard of health, comfort, and happiness experienced by an individual or group.

They can get comfort and happiness with a new cosmetic update to the forms. As a result, improving quality of life.

1 Like

We had the same forms for druid the first 12 years wow came out. Nov 23, 2004 to Augest 30, 2016 when legion came out. Weā€™ve had no new forms since legion aside from travel and actual new races. Weā€™ve had a few model updates during that time. But imagine the first 12 years running around looking at pretty much the same exact forms. Then finally get some new ones. But thats been 7 years since Legion. So weā€™ve had nothing else new to look at aside from travel forms in 7 years.

It makes no substantive improvement on the QUALITY of play, but okay

Also its hilarious you all think blizzard will give ALL druids forms before they make new races able to be druids and make forms for those first, hint: they will make new races first

Druid forms are from Legion.
Legion came out in 2016.

Itā€™s 2023 now.

Maybe 7 years is long enough of a wait to get some new onesā€¦

2 Likes

I said Iā€™m hoping. Iā€™m not saying they will. There is a clear difference.

By the way, the poster said Quality of LIFE not the quality of PLAY.

But I think it is hilarious that you are changing the subject because you are wrong.

Have a good day, byes. :smiley:

Surprised there is no black cat form/glyph, would love a sleek looking black cat :3

1 Like

Instead of new forms, why not make forms customizable like the dracthyr forms are?
I would love for my druids eyes to close when /sleeping as wellā€¦
If you are any spec other than resto, you really do not get to show a transmog.
So, really our forms are our transmogs.
Why not just let us choose our fur markings, eye pupil shape, fangs, ears, earrings, nose rings, claws, tail, and the coloring associated with these choices?

3 Likes

Here ya go I googled it for you, neither you or the OP know what QoL means

ā€˜Quality of lifeā€™, in gaming, refers to trimming away all the time a player wastes dealing with unnecessary hindrances. As I mentioned above, games can be rather obtuse and forgetful when it comes to grasping just how annoying something can be to a player when they do it a thousand times.

You are wrong its okay to hold a L

Sorry, I live in reality, The real world; so gaming definitions donā€™t cut it.

Just like in World of Warcraft lore a video game, they donā€™t consider ELEMENTS as NATURE.

When in real life it is NATURE.

So you can throw whatever nonsense you want to throw and live in it. Be my guest.

what, a handful of options vs hundreds of thousands of combinations for everyone else?
the issue is Druids. especially Bears and Cats dont have many options.
atleast restro can use the mog effectively. no bear or cat is going to be in caster from for the majority of combat.

Balance is kind okay but could use some more chicken form options. like the Incarn armor would be cool, same for Feral and Bear. put the armored skins into the pool of options, shoot toss it on the Trading post as well.

Put a recolor of sparkle kitty for others to get. like a Fel Cat to match the Fel Bear.

Iā€™d love to hear your made up definition of QoL actually, Iā€™m really curious.

Some new forms would be nice. Iā€™m still waiting for a new fire kitty form that uses the modern cat animations. Thereā€™s certainly a lot of potential there for new shapeshift forms for Druids and we do need them because weā€™re the only specs that never see any of our armor most of the time.

4 Likes