Give a gold incentive for reporting botters

I guess the goalposts weren’t going to move themselves.

lol.

And your suggestion of witch hunting for profit isn’t a good one.

Bots can even profit of it. All you need is a few bot accounts you know are near the end, report them to on a face account and collect.

Or you could just do this yourself. Get a few accounts for cheap, let them bot for a bit. And then report them yourself and collect.
Bam, cash for gold.

Just like with botting itself most player based solutions will either be hurtful and restricting to players or create a new exploitative tool for players to abuse.
Your witch hunt for profit idea is one of those.

Yeah, purely hypothetical because Blizzard would never allow this. It’s far too messy.

Players are not nor will they ever be responsible. The only players who are the exception to that are very rare and very few.

Look around at this forum and see how toxic it is. Do you really trust these people to make the correct decision?

Dota 2 has a player based “behavioural score”, that is greatly flawed, and allows high score players to review and judge replays of people who were reported for various things.

It’s been a mixed bag and there’s a ton of debate on whether it’s good or not.

And that is the absolute most I would ever allow for a player to have control over me or anyone else.

Must be in EXTREMELY good standing, have fun defining that, and requires multiple guilty verdicts before any automated action and escalation requests are made. Again, good luck defining all that.

It’s all a mess.

Don’t take the example too literally.

It’s a frustrating situation with bots but the only way it will get better is if Blizzard takes it seriously and takes real actions to improve it.

Oh yea because that won’t be exploited…really genious.

we kinda need an inquisition right now with so many people buying gold. bot fighting is now solely on the community because blizz has shown they wont do anything without community reports (too bad its almost impossible to report them in instances). we either gotta fight for our game back or its just bot/RMT infested trash.

I Love this idea! may I also suggest if you actively farm them (pvp) you should get honor and or pvp gear and a title reward for killing them as well.

It is true and I’ve received the mail from blizz before. I don’t think they send it to everyone who reports the bot, possibly just the most recent 1 or 2 people who have sent reports.

1 Like

I have an idea. How about a $5 ticket u can buy on the cash shop that guarantees it gets reviewed within 24hrs

are you naturally dismissive in real life or just on forums

into report spam EVERYONE ELSE to min/max their gold

I’ve gotten a bunch of mails, but I’ve also reported way more bots than mails I’ve received, and many of them are there day after day after day. The ones I’ve had the most success in getting banned are the ones leveling. The ones already gathering are still around.

I’m naturally a skeptic but I also call out ideas that would have bad consequences that are far worse than what they aim to solve. In the case of your idea, people would be reporting left and right just to take advantage of that system and exploit it for profits. Nobody would be safe. All someone would have to do is create a bunch of accounts and go around reporting players. With enough votes, accounts would get automatically actioned. With the extremely low participation of current GMs this would turn into a problem very quickly.

I am dismissing the idea of yours simply due to knowing how it would play out.

See Neko? I’m not the only one that easily sees the flaw in your strategy. People would spam report others in the hopes something would stick and they get paid.

1 Like

ALWAYS assume the worse
specially on the internet
otherwise you are just being naive

So all I need to do is mass report BRD rogues and I get up to 1,000 gold? I like it!

I think people already have all the motivation they need to report bots when they see them. What this would likely lead to, would be more false reports–“That person’s been killing Deadwood furbolgs for an hour, clearly a bot!” “I don’t know what that name means, it must be a random string of letters!”–because suddenly the motivation to report is not “I want fewer bots” but “I want more bans.”

False reports do not lead to automatic suspension - that’s not how the system works. GMs investigate accounts based on reports then take action. Don’t take my word for it though, check out this thread (blue posts included!):

do you honestly believe we still have those?

Yes, we do have GMs as part of support staff, contrary to popular forum belief, but AFAIK they don’t take an active part in the game world, like they used to (And they SHOULD) and instead responding to reports, appeals, etc.

How does that even work in your head? If you have the bots yourself, what idiot would report them for a part of the gold instead of just keeping the bots gold directly. Your example makes no sense.

10-30g is CENTS in real world cash, It wouldn’t even cover a DENT in the cheap south american subs botters get access to(3-8 dollars)