Gilgoblin vs Vulpera

Ya. You are right. There is really no point to this. I mean it is fun to talk about at times, but at the end of the day everything we say here has little to no effect on what actually happens. I know a lot of people who really want Ysthens back. Although I’d sooner expect people to get mass bans than that happening.

Actually they did say they were listening to feedback.

They just don’t care about “Warring communities” because the entire notion is ridiculous. We gotta advocate for the races we want to see, mention what we don’t, but don’t put down people in the process and understand that everyone has different preferences.

1 Like

If really want to see warring communities, step into an AR discord. Yes what I said was a bit contentious, but I was still stating facts.

2 Likes

Gilgoblins make more sense. The Allied Races are different “flavors” of existing playable races, so why would a Vulpera randomly be thrown into the Gilgoblin’s spot?

1 Like

Funny how you are playing a race that was put in the horde because of horde demand.

I could also talk about how the alliance get void elf because they asked for the model. Or the horde get a choice in a quest chain after asking for it. Or how the darkshore quest war greatly improve after the alliance asked.

I mean the whole allied race isn’t exactly what we asked but its still exist because of the forum asked for customisation.

2 Likes
  1. A discord community isn’t linked to the forums. Links very well could go to the different discords on a forum post, but you’re unable to use anything said in a discord on the forums to bring up a case. Bringing in a discord community is basically calling out.
  2. I was there during the “conflict”, if your alt is Rustwell anyway. People were saying there wasn’t as much support, or didn’t believe there was much evidence. And, here’s the thing–that’s an opinionated statement that you’re taking to heart way too much. You argued there was “more supporting evidence” for Gilgoblins after being presented evidence. Then, you got frustrated that people disagreed.
  3. “Vulpera have more evidence!” “Gilgoblins have more evidence!” those are opinionated statements that shouldn’t be spawning this much drama and fabricating ‘there’s a war’, for goodness sakes.

Here’s the thing. You’re blowing this into a giant conflict on the forums based on a single conversation in discord that you ragequit from. And that’s not cool. Not to mention, again–discords aren’t the official forums. No one is going out of their way to berate people that want gilgoblins, and if they are, they certainly aren’t supported.

1. A discord community isn’t linked to the forums. Bringing in a discord community is basically calling out.

I never named it even once nor anyone in it.

1. I was there during the “conflict”, if your alt is Rustwell anyway. People were saying there wasn’t as much support, or didn’t believe there was much evidence. And, here’s the thing–that’s an opinionated statement that you’re taking to heart way too much. You argued there was “more supporting evidence” for Gilgoblins after being presented evidence. Then, you got frustrated that people disagreed.

My alt being Rustwell is common knowledge and I left more so because of how I felt the long term experience of that discord would be.

1. “Vulpera have more evidence!” “Gilgoblins have more evidence!” those are opinionated statements that shouldn’t be spawning this much drama and fabricating ‘there’s a war’, for goodness sakes.

I agree with this. You may have noticed that I reworded that thread and the details.

Here’s the thing. You’re blowing this into a giant conflict on the forums based on a single conversation in discord that you ragequit from. And that’s not cool. Not to mention, again–discords aren’t the official forums . No one is going out of their way to berate people that want gilgoblins, and if they are, they certainly aren’t supported.

Never rage quitted. I was planning to leave the moment I joined. I gave it a try because someone suggested it, but I’ve been weary of AR discords for a while. As for the second part. I think that is a little bit of a generalization, but for the most part I agree. The part about people not trying to go out of their way to berate people who want Gilgoblins.

And if people do go out of the way to do so? Ignore them. They’re going to be rude and terrible anyway. They’re the same people that put down any race they don’t want added. When it comes down to it, we have no idea what’s in store until they finally release information.

Gilgoblins have story support. Goblin remodels might also give them some more love.

Vulpera have models and previous story support.

Both are more likely, at the moment, then say, I don’t know… uh… Leper gnomes or something. We can be hopeful for that at least.

I do think it’s very rude to put people down for wanting a certain race. I might heavily disagree with some ideas(not gilgoblins, though currently I don’t plan on rolling them if they get put in, I like my normal goblin), but I’d never put someone down for wanting it. Not saying you are with Vulpera, by the way, I’m talking about those that slight others on forums and such.

The best thing to do is just… ignore it. They’re gonna do it anyway. It’s something anyone that wants an AR has to deal with. Trust me… trust me.

2 Likes

Perhaps the goblins of the Undermine dig so far they stumble upon a series of very old tunnels. Maybe they are being chased by an underground worm of some sort, and nearing a dead end with nowhere to escape, scramble to haphazardly blow up a wall of stone. With haste and proficiency, quick and clever character(s) dart from beyond the crumbling stones of the explosion and make quick to-do of the mighty worm, leaping with wrangling ropes and banging loud instruments - a routine calamity - as if they have done this many times before. The team of goblins, frazzled and cowering at a distance behind some stone as the worm retreats and the figures spring away as fast as they had appeared. The rocky wall settled into a collection of boulders, pebbles and sand, and the goblins emerge into the newfound quiet. They approach the pile of rubble that was once a wall, and cautiously peer through their large, recently-made hole. The dust clears and The leader’s widened eyes was accompanied by the rest of the team’s dropping jaws. The dust settled, revealing from very high up, through their hole in a dome of earth encapsulating, what could only be described as a city down below. Clusters of stone huts, many with little lights glowing through round windows and doorless doors, a sparkling underground river gently flowing through the center of the town, and what looked like a society of long-eared, bushy-tailed, fox-folk. Difficult to make out details, the goblins kept their distance and observed. They were no doubt saved by a band of experienced underground fox-people, protecting their home fom burrowing dangers. Was this ancient underground home the home of original Vulpera? Through this discovery perhaps the vulpera befriend the goblins, having watched them from their underground observatories and series of intricate tunnels which we find out are connected throughout and below many of Azeroth’s depths. Perhaps it’s through this discovery of the tunneling goblins and the special friendship they make with the underground vulpera, that the dune-dwelling vulpera will be reunited with their kin, and we will get a glimpse of where they come from, what they were like before; their true heritage, what their cultures and traditions were like before they became the sand and sun surviving but resourceful and clever folk we know today, and how they became separated.

My eyes, they bleed.

2 Likes

The Vulpera are more friendly with the horde and in my opinion, a much better allied race than the gilgoblins. I don’t want a goblin reskin, I want a cute fox pupper to play as.

3 Likes

These things weren’t done because people asked for them, but because Blizzard felt the game needed them. Blizzard felt the Horde needed a ‘pretty race’, the Horde never collectively asked for Blood Elves. Most of the Horde was against them. The Alliance had wanted High Elves for years, not Void Elves, but that’s what they got instead. Racial customization has been something Blizzard’s talked about adding for going on a literal decade now, and it’s still pretty far behind other MMOs.

Even if we were to say that allied races are amazing racial customization, they were added for one reason and one reason only; increase play time. That’s why they’re all reputation/time gated. They weren’t sent from the heavens to please anyone or throw us a bone. It was just another widely requested feature, done poorly, and dangled in front of players to keep them in their seats.

lets get this out of the way first…

“right now”

this is the key part.

atm we have little idea (mechagnomes are only one with any chance atm) what would be the alliance allied race to counter vulpera.
this means it COULD be a non native race which make that statement entirely null and voided.

Vulpera, unlike water goblins, have a big part in the Horde story (i mean they DID help the PC moment thye are captured in Vul’dun).

likely for same reason alliance dont like KT beign allied race…its not a new race…its a race in game that is labeled different. (humans, gilneas, and KT are ALL humans just from different kingdoms but are biologically ALL the same)

also water gobs would be boring model wise as they look 99% similar.

also fact that Vulpera have (iirc) the most intricate skeleton of all races in game. (even player ones) which means its likely done for a reason.

so…undead also need a subrace? as they are no less important than the goblin race.

nobody did at the time as we never expected new races :wink:
but lore wise it was gonna be horde no matetr what as they had bad times with humans. (same reason nightborn joined horde…bad experience with someone on other side)

p.s. Gnomes (normal) would help Horde if they blighted the goblins from existence…

1 Like

Vulpera are furry and you can pet them.

Gilgoblin are wet and icky and are not very pet-able.

Vulpera are the obvious choice.

5 Likes

Maybe instead of Gilgoblin vs Vulpera we could get both. Hear me out before u beat me to death lol. Maybe Gilgoblin could be the goblin subrace/allied race and the Vulpera could be the neutral Panda allied race. I hope what I said made sense.

6 Likes

Why would i beat you to death? I never said that vulpera should not be a thing, just not the goblin allied race. I am not against both.

That would make a lot of sense actually.

The Alliance attacked them for helping the Horde, there’s no way they’ll be neutral now.

1 Like

Alliance. Purge. Squads.

1 Like

Both is good. This begs the question. What would the Vulpera allied race be though since, it would likely end up a main race if this was the outcome?