Ghost Wolf and Soulshape Forms

It’s been a while since Shaman was my main, but after discussing it with my guild, I’ve begun gearing up my shaman for the upcoming final season of Dragonflight. While playing through the Nightfae campaign, I’ve begun to notice something interesting.

There’s currently 71 different Soulshape forms - turkeys, boars, owls, etc - despite this mechanic only being designed for a single expansion. Meanwhile, there are only four Ghost Wolf forms - Wolf, Raptor, Lupine, and Vulpine - even if those animals aren’t really relevant to the Shaman’s racial background.

Once Shadowlands is behind us, it would be a shame if all of those Soulshapes disappear forever. Has anyone seen any hints about expanding the Ghost Wolf forms to include at least some of the the Soulshapes? Will Dark Iron, Dwarves, Tauren, Goblin and other races’ shaman continue to be stuck in forms that have no significant relevance to their people and culture?

Or is there some hope that these assets, much like some of the other Covenant abilities, will find new life in Dragonflight and beyond?

2 Likes

I personally haven’t seen or heard anything hinting towards Soulshape forms being immortalized into the base game as glyphs or options for Shaman’s Ghost Wolf.

I do think it’s a shame that there aren’t more options though and I do think this would be a solid idea just to give a little more variety and choice to the player, even if it’s only cosmetic.

I’d be pleasantly surprised if some of them did return as options for Shaman players, but I wouldn’t expect them to.

I totally agree. The first time I saw Soulshape prior to Shadowlands release I wanted right then and there to have these accessible to Shamans for ghost wolf forms after the expansion ended. It would be such a shame if they put all of this effort into making so many forms that look awesome and then just throw them away because the expansion is over. They already exists so why not repurpose them.

2 Likes

Poke around here and I’d made a similar comment - I’d love to see Soulshape replace Ghost Wolf either innately or as a general talent. It’s not hugely more powerful, but I’d definitely burn a talent point on it just for the form options.

1 Like