Ghastly Rider - Let's see if I have this right

Doesn’t get mount equipment 50 weeks of the year because it’s instant cast for two weeks.

During the two weeks it’s instant cast it can’t be cast while moving or falling, meaning the old Magic Broom is better to use during Hallow’s End.

So, for 50 weeks a year it’s worse than almost all other mounts just so it can be worse than the Magic Broom for two weeks.

I… I just don’t understand you guys sometimes.

11 Likes

it seems as though you are indeed right.

definitely disappointing.

2 Likes

I still like it because it’s a mount that does not take up a lot of space on the screen. Even when the event ends I’m going to continue using it even if only for that alone.

4 Likes

I discovered this the hard way after accidentally dismounting in mid-air. Thought it was perfect timing that I only added that mount to my bar a few days ago… until I died.

5 Likes

Yeah, I like it too and will still use it, but I’d use it more if it could go over water or prevent dazing, etc. like almost every other mount.

Honestly, I get the feeling the Ghastly Rider got to the ‘Eh, good enough’ point and got shipped out. That would explain why they didn’t bother to give it mount equipment the rest of the year, or have it cast while moving during Hallow’s End, or why the lantern has no motion physics when lanterns and other dangly bits on other mounts do. Just a little bit of extra effort… but, to be fair, they are busy people, I guess.

1 Like

True. The amount of doors my Highmountain Tauren gets stuck on in the sky golem is way too high…

3 Likes

You don’t even know if this is the reason. Blizz never made a statement. This is an assumption.

Of course it can’t. It’s mount classified. The Hallow’s End use item isn’t classified as an actual mount.

1 Like

even though it says Mount in the tooltip?

1 Like

Mount classified. I guess it should have mount equipment then, unless maybe there’s something special about it. I wonder what it could be…

It flies over water with ease.

2 Likes

Unless we use it on a lowbie alt or at the start of an expansion without flying enabled (though I hope that’s a thing of the past).

Is it in your mount journal?

The amount of complaining you’ve done over this is astounding.

2 Likes

You’re easily astounded. That must be nice.

1 Like

That made no sense, but okay. LOL

Because druids would flip their collective lids. Let them have this.

Pretty sure the can’t cast while moving bit is an oversight. It’s pretty difficult to argue that they intended it to be functionally worse than the Magic Broom when it was advertised as being a replacement when first discussed.

1 Like