Getting really tired with this inconsistancy. (Long Boi Thread)

Best part is that Blizzard didn’t even announce it on their own. They only said something because another player brought it up on the forums because it was datamined from WoWhead. Who knows how long it would have taken them to announce it if they weren’t called out on it.

7 Likes

I can’t upvote this enough. Totally captures my level of anger and confusion at this change.

While I don’t defend Blizzard’s handling of this at all, I do want to say that I don’t believe this is any kind of cash grab. I think they are attempting to be forward thinking and what it would be like if tons of people had this mount even two expansions from now, and how main cities might be made irrelevant by that, or even just the annoyance of a raid full of these enormous mounts taking up space. I can absolutely see the issues if even just a large-ish portion of the playerbase eventually had this mount, much less a majority.

But again, they handled this extremely poorly, and I don’t defend that in the slightest. We should have known up front this expansion it was going to be temporary, and we should have had a proper announcement and communication, not some admission only once it was datamined in the last patch. Communication just seems to be the crux of so many issues with Blizzard these days.

Are you behind with the times. That what everyone has been calling the mount since day one of it’s announcement. These threads weren’t made solely to say it. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

They don’t need to say anything. They can wait for players to exhaust themselves complaining in complete silence. They never need a reason for what they do.

Why am I still getting rewarded lower-level honor titles/mounts even though I already earned Tactician and the midnight pony two years ago? I DON’T KNOW, THEY NEVER TOLD ME WHEN I ASKED.

That isn’t the average player either. Most people have enough sense not to waste $500 on something in a game which you will never own.

It took me awhile to decide even to buy it with 5 million gold and I have over 4 times that.

Blizzard may be doing people a huge favor on this one. If someone doesn’t have excess gold they should not be wasting what they have on one mount.

It probably isn’t a cash grab. Hanlon’s razor would imply that it was made like most of Blizzard’s decisions - because they had an idea and are utterly impervious to caring about any opinions but their own.

If I wanted the mount and I had 4 million gold saved for it, I would use Visa to make up the difference.

So what would the mount cost you then $100 ? That is still more than most people would spend on a store mount.

Most of the top 3v3 players are Alliance O.o

What I would add to this is that had it been known I would have made different decisions regarding my spending. I bought gifts for friends/family, converted gold to blizz balance, bought pets and mounts from the AH, etc. - I would guess over 1.5M gold … Had I known this from the start, I would have kept more of my gold.

1 Like

I love the devs that work on that game, so much. They genuinely want to make a fun game that people want to keep coming back to. They’re not perfect but every game company should aspire to be more like them.

3 Likes

The mount isn’t for the average player its for the player with 5 million gold to throw away at a mount

1 Like

It always was an artificial gold sink, that was the whole idea behind a 5 million gold mount… lol

Actually the first person I ever saw use that term was Ysthisens, so yeah… not fabricated for these threads.

1 Like

Now this is what you call a constructive and articulate criticism thread. I agree with most everything the OP had to say.

Blizzard, the customer isn’t always right, but on these issues, they are.

Agreed with you. But, go further.

Alliance actually have two unique mounts from BFA, whereas Horde have none. The bee is certainly unique, and I agree Alliance needed something more than horses, but we can’t forget the Season One PvP Hippo either, whereas Ion openly said they add mounts where they make sense based off the ecology and stuff. (Only Hippo’s I’ve seen are in Nazmir and Zuldazar…but Alliance got that one too, while ours was a reskin).

On the topic of Longboy. Sigh, it makes me sad. Like, I love dinosaurs. Having grown up on The Land Before Time(before all the crappy sequels) and having a special place in my heart for Littlefoot, I’ve wanted a Brutosaur mount from the moment I first saw them. I’m no where close to 5 million and it’s really disheartening that they want to remove it for false scarcity.

I wouldn’t care so much if the 500k mount was a Brutosaur, minus the vendors and stuff. Hell, I wouldn’t care so much if the other gold sink mount was a 1 million Brutosaur. But giving us another generic and uninspired Direhorn(models of which both Factions have had access to since MoP) instead also felt bad.

I mean, even thinking back… Travelers Tundra Mammoth had multiple versions available with no vendors along with a couple that were still 3 person mounts. Even the Yak had the little Yak mounts to go with it. But the Brutosaur, something this unique, had nothing on the cheaper side that would’ve been more easily available to the majority of the playerbase. :frowning:

I just want a long boi. One of my favorite dinosaurs, forever out of my reach it seems. Thanks Blizzard for crushing my dreams. You big mean, dream killers. :frowning:

2 Likes

100% agree with OP.
Stupid useless random removal for cash.

Wow. This is the most rated “G” version of what I know you meant to say that I’ve ever heard… and yet, it somehow is still effective.

2 Likes

So you decided to be a Richard instead of a Karen?

1 Like