Getting locked to a raid upon ENTERING a FRESH raid instance

Currently you will get locked to raid once you enter it.
This is a big change and a big deal.
You should get locked to a raid ID upon killing a boss not upon entering the instance.

We had our MT getting locked out tonight, because of this.
Two hours before our raid he went into a fresh MC raid, because his hearthstone was on cooldown (to get ported out after dropping the group).
He did not notice it locked him and when we started raiding he did not have raid lead so everyone else got into a different fresh ID and got locked to it instantly.
The same thing happened in Onyxia - everyone got locked on zoning in.

Again: The IDs were completely fresh. No bosses dead and no mobs dead.
We just put our feet in for the first time this week and everyone automatically got locked on zoning in.

This is also really bad for pugs and basically kills trash farm groups.
If you for example don’t kill Onyxia in a group with random people then everyone will have this ID and you’re locked out till the next reset.

Please fix this.

Caught on stream
https://clips.twitch.tv/TallIgnorantSoybeanTooSpicy
You cannot see he didn’t have an ID but I talked to him before entering Ony and he said he didn’t.

15 Likes

We also decided to farm MC trash for rep tonight and got an ID. Is this a recent change? It’s pretty uncool of you guys to do that without at least announcing the change.

4 Likes

You got locked in vanilla upon entering the instance. People would troll people by inviting them and getting them locked to their ID. Towards the end of wrath, it was changed to where it would warn you first…

1 Like

I am not talking about having a raid leader that already has an ID.
Then it is pretty clear you get locked to the same instance upon entering.

At this very moment if your raid leader has no ID whatsoever you still get locked to the fresh instance after entering.
This always happend after killing at least one boss in that ID.

I saw trash farm groups on my server and noone got locked in those during the last weeks.

2 Likes

You aren’t supposed to be locked to a raid until you kill a boss.

1 Like

If anyone in the raid has a lockout already saved, you will all get saved. If that member is already in the instance. He doesn’t need to be the leader. So out of 40 people, if one is locked and has a raid ID, and is in the instance, you will all get locked upon entering. It sucked, and I remember losing a lot of lockouts because of this.

Okay but again:
It was Wednesday and literally everyones IDs have been reset.
Noone killed a boss in MC or Onyxia’s Lair.

We entered a completly new MC instance with everyone not having any IDs. We all got locked to this very new instance upon entering.
We entered Onyxia’s Lair. We all got locked.

This is not how it’s supposed to work and it didn’t work like this during the last weeks.

That’s how it was in vanilla WoW, as soon as you entered a raid zone with a boss or mobs already dead you got locked to that ID. It is #Nochanges and working as intended.

Plenty of guilds back then had their Rag kill for the week ninjaed from them by this. Guild A cleared all of MC except for Rag and saved him for a few days later…One of the guildies later on forms a pug UBRS raid and a alt from another guild is there, who takes advantage and zones into MC to nab the raid ID and get the easy Rag kill. This wasn’t changed until at least TBC so it is working correctly.

If you zone into a raid zone that already killed a boss, you get saved to their ID as soon as you enter - which is how it was during vanilla and is not a bug.

Yes, sorry if my post was unclear. The raid is saved when you kill a boss. If you enter a saved raid, yes you will be saved to it as well.

My point is, there should be no save unless and until a boss is killed.

1 Like

Please read what I wrote.
I said exactly this multiple times in this thread even in my first post.

One last time:

This is NOT what happend.

WEDNESDAY - IDs were reset.
NOBODY had an ID.
We entered a FRESH Molten Core with NOBODY in the group having an ID.
Everyone got LOCKED to this FRESH Molten Core ID were NO boss and NO mobs were dead upon entering.

It was a completely NEW instance. Filled with all mobs and bosses.

And still we got locked upon entering.
That is the whole point of this thread.

This.

I hope i made myself clear this time :slight_smile:

5 Likes

You are saved to a raid id when you pull a boss. This was like that in vanillla, you dont need to kill the boss.

Yeah, but he’s claiming they zoned in to a fresh raid that no one was locked to.
Either someone was lying about being locked, someone didn’t know they were locked, or it actually is a bug.
It seems like a bug though, especially since OP says first bosses trash was still up. I’ve never seen this happen before.

Edit, OP did your MT wipe on the first boss?
You say your MT got locked in a different raid from your own raid. Did the raid he was in wipe? You get saved as soon as the boss pulls

You people keep asking stupid questions.

OP already told you.

One last time:

This is NOT what happend.

WEDNESDAY - IDs were reset.
NOBODY had an ID.
We entered a FRESH Molten Core with NOBODY in the group having an ID.
Everyone got LOCKED to this FRESH Molten Core ID were NO boss and NO mobs were dead upon entering.

It was a completely NEW instance. Filled with all mobs and bosses.

And still we got locked upon entering.
That is the whole point of this thread.

3 Likes

After we got locked doing some trash, we had a priest mind vision around and could see all the bosses they were able.

1 Like

Just cought this on stream.
It’s too bad you can’t see that he didnt have an ID before entering but I asked him a while before entering and he said no.

https://clips.twitch.tv/TallIgnorantSoybeanTooSpicy

If anyone else can catch this on his own in either of the raids, please post the video showing it.

1 Like