Getting back to Draenor?

Just getting back into the game and with the new patch Im a bit confused on how to get to WoD Draenor? I did the starting questline to get in but didn’t make it through where you start to build your garrison (and obtain the hearthstone for it) and made a dumb decision of going back to Stormwind for a time.

I tried to find the portal in the mage tower, didnt work and the dark portal obviously leads me to Hellfire Peninsula. I do not have the mirror toy either.

Would love any help, thank you!

If neither the portal in the portal room or the dark portal are getting you there, I can’t think of any other “traditional” ways to get there. There are some other options, though.

The first would be to get a mage to port you to Ashran. You probably won’t have any flightpaths, so you’ll have to make your way to where the Garrison quests are.

There’s also a secret portal from the Timeless Isle to Gorgrond. (There’s an underwater cave off the shore where the frogs are that has chairs surronding a fire. Sit in one of the chairs and click the fire to teleport.) Again, you’ll still have to make your way to Shadowmoon to get back to the Garrison quests.

2 Likes

The dark portal is the way to go. There is an NPC in the northern part of the blasted lands that allows you to switch from the pre-WoD version of Blasted Lands to the WoD version and it sounds like you need to talk to her. If you’re using the Default UI and look at the Blasted Lands on the world map, there will be a tiny speach bubble along the north edge and that’s where you’ll find the NPC. After that, go talk to Khadgar standing in front of Dark Portal.

3 Likes

Your 3 options are:

1 - POrtal in POrtal room

2 - WOD version of the Dark Portal

3 - Timeless Isle Portal located i think in the SouthEast portion on a small island off of Timeless Isle as Udiza said is in an underwater Cave.

I am having a similar problem. When they changed the portals it broke the way to get back there. I tried switching at the mage in Blasted Land no luck there.