Geti'ikku - 2nd dropped

I was able to get a 2nd Geti’ikku, Cut of Death. Is it worth it to use 2 of them?

Just have to SIM it I guess, Generally I only see people run one.

Ya, I did. Doesn’t stack apparently.

1 Like

I wasnt sure if the effect stacks, if it did then two for sure but I honestly didnt know.

It has chances to proc independently, so technically it stacks in the regard that you’ll get twice as many procs. The procs aren’t separate nor do they stack though. It just refreshes. Generally a 2nd one does not sim well.

To add to this, the strongest bleed will be refreshed. Say you have a 440 and a 430, the 440s bleed will stay on the target, while the 430 procs will refresh the bleed duration.

Is this weapon still worth farming? I dont have one yet but with the new season and ilvl hike I think now is a good time to get myself one of these.

Yes it’s still worth farming and x your fingers it gets corrupted

Yeah, instead of farming Titanforge you have to farm a corrupted sword now.

3 Likes

FR if it wasnt for how hard alts are in bfa i would’ve rerolled several times.

For my sim tests, a Geti in you off-hand is better than any other weapon up to about 25 ilvl higher. So that’s well worth it if you can stand to farm one.

1 Like

I’ve been trying to farm one since the patch drop, to grind ilvls, but it’s a pain both to run KR keys this week and to find Pugs that will accept me

And when I do, i drop rings. Dungeon, chests, emissaries

Rings everywhere i need a weapon halp

They don’t stack, but if you have 2 that are different ilvl’s then the bleed can proc for each weapon. It will only proc for one if they’re the same ilvl.

Not Only did you necro and already answered thread but your answer is wrong.

Having 2 Geti regardless of Ilvl makes it have ~1.7 time the uptime of a single Geti due to buff overlap (Math courtesy of some big brain bois over at the Skyhold Discord)

Please dont Necro threads especially if you do not know what you are talking about.

1 Like

In case there’s somehow any confusion in the woodworks still; geti;ikku does not stack it’s bleed by having two. Proc rate increases, total uptime on one target goes up by about 1.6-1.7x due to overlapping of the bleed. If the two are not the same ilvl, the lower can overwrite the higher, and vice versa. On one target, this can be strong. On a constant 2 target fight, It’s actually very strong, about the same value as on one target when there’s 100% uptime on three, and it’s massively worse in higher target counts of 4+.

I.E., sim it.

1 Like

And I’m still over here farming the ONE I need on my dk >.>

1 Like

RIP
/10char

Got it last night babbbbbyyyyyy

3 Likes

Update my cache on Tuesday gave me another . An upgrade but low key feel the blizzard algorithm laughing at me

simt it but aside from that, 2 geti is decent on single target but lacking in aoe since the DoT can’t be cleaved like CSHB can. so i think it is better to use another 2h for multi targetting (such as mythic+ dungeon) but for raiding and pvp, i think it’s ok. I’ve simmed it before and it showed almost similar dps with 2 geti and 1 geti. the way 2 geti works is - the DoT does not stack, however, it is refreshed. it is refreshed in a way that would deal most dmg if the 2 geti have different DoT damage. having 2 basically increases the proc chance, also increasing refresh rate but having 2 is less valuable than getting the first one for sure.
tldr: use one, not two