Get Your Legendary Cloak!

:rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

You can also skip the first scenario in the Halls of Origination if you have done it before. I’m not sure why they made the parts you can skip not come up in the initial dialogue.

I would be happy with an “I’ve already traveled back and forth across the entire world 5 million times once before” button. It takes far too long of nothing but travel. If it were a really fun questline, that would be something, but instead it pretty much defines the quests Blizzard stripped out of the game in Cata – mainly anything requiring more travel than time spent at the destination. (Remember running back and forth between SW, Westfall, and Redridge in various combinations doing nothing but clicking on an NPC for the Defias quests? Pepperidge Farm remembers.)

Actually, the only parts of the questline you can skip are the ones I would consider re-playing! It’s the enormous amount of travel time I don’t want to re-slog through…

(Note: I have four characters with the cape already.)

That all aside, as soon as I experienced how bloody miserable it was to run the horrific visions on a healer, my other two healers were immediately and permanently shelved for the rest of the expansion. I don’t care the horrific visions were made easier for healers… It wasn’t by enough and is still miserable. So there are two more characters not getting capes.

10 Likes

Takes forever still, mostly with the constant circuitous travel. The BWD scenario needs to be skippable too.

4 Likes

My hero. Who knows if they will listen

Are people not doing this content or something?

I mean, I wouldn’t be surprised, if it were true…

11 Likes

Same, except I’m not even gonna bother with a 3rd, much less any of my other 15 level 120 alts.

There is too large of a time investment required to level the cloak considering the dailies and weeklies that have to be done to keep it current.

The interest is there but the will is not.

1 Like

Can you just give away the cloak for alts? im not advocating for everything account-wide, its just the cloak questline is so boring i’d rather wash my dishes IRL.

23 Likes

I haven’t even bothered to be honest.

7 Likes

Yeaaaahhhhhhhh… I did it twice, and the second time I wanted to poke my eyes out. Let us skip all the pre-quests and we will get more cloaks.

5 Likes

go get a job.

I have it on one character and haven’t bothered with visions at all.

The content doesn’t interest me, I’m still here because of 2 long term friends and my mains guild and that’s the only reason.

The petty addition to the slowing worm just turned me off the content so I’m not, like many it seems - giving the developers their time played metric in the 8.3 zones. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

10 Likes

Nope… nope nope… already burnt out … 3 hours to get a cloak ? hell to da nowww

16 Likes

It wouldn’t entice players, most are NOT dumb they know why this content was put in. It’s filler content to help the developers keep their Time Played Metric reporting positives to keep their jobs while they struggle to get Shadowlands Alpha/Beta up running and hyped.

The content is exactly what it is designed to be and do, help save their jobs not give you enjoyable content.

8 Likes

Can you make it less irritating on alts? Specifically the Wrathion scenario at this point is the only one left.

10 Likes

I really like how at step 6 it warns you not to cleanse your item yet, despite the game not giving you mementos for another 12 or 13 steps.

Whoever made the guide clearly didn’t get the memo about mementos being a monumental pain.

7 Likes

I’ve done it on my main and 1 alt, and while the skips for alts help a bit, I find it still takes way too long to get through. If more of it was skippable I’d do it on more of my alts for sure.

The travel time is one of the main annoyances, especially since it’s so inconsistent - at some stages you’ll get teleported to where you need to go, others you’ll have to manually travel. Also not having a flight point outside the heart chamber in silithus really doesn’t help.

6 Likes

Yeah, the slowing worm is so annoying.

3 Likes

“3 ohwas laytah”

4 Likes

Appreciate the guide, but as is the case with much of what’s happened in 8.3 and the entire Cloak thing; too little too late for many folks.

6 Likes