Get rid of White Tiger Statue

Please dont make White Tiger Statue baseline. I never took it as a talent because its such a boring and useless ability, that you just hoped enemies wouldnt move out of. It is uninteresting, adds to button bloat, and does not feel good to use.

14 Likes

With the new talent in the class tree it will spawn automatically when you summon Xuen, no need to worry about it.

5 Likes

So its just for aesthetics? Fine by me

It does damage, you just don’t have to worry about it, it’s just extra happenings when you press Xuen.

So basically it does what my macro already does. I use xuen macro that drops statue @player. I’ll just have to hit that button once for both instead of 2 times.

I’d like it if ALL pet/statue design for WW would go away. It’s clunky. Feels out of place with the rest of the spec. It’s a ninja/samurai and they move with swiftness and stealth. Plopping down statues and babysitting a tiger and mirror images of yourself part-time is silly.

No statue
No tiger
No images

I do like using the big red raygun on the tiger during burst as he becomes massive but it’s another burst ability being neutralized with one aoe cc spell.

4 Likes

I kinda wish the statue would go away altogether. We’re not even placing it directly at this point. Can we just get a different visual and retire it? Why not just have Xuen radiate damage and be done with it?

Not actually a big deal, just really odd that the damn thing is still clinging on even now.

7 Likes

Same, I think shoehorning the dps statue in has been a mistake.

And making it passive with summoning Xuen, why not just add that damage to Xuen?

The statue just feels so forced so they have can keep a statue slot in the class tree for all 3 specs.

5 Likes

It definitely feels like not wanting to totally abandon it as a failure so they make it completely passive.

4 Likes

Just feels like blizzards trademark stubbornness, and I believe the same can be said about Jadefire too. Not having to stand in it or reset it is a great improvement, but I’d rather not have to press it at all. Maybe there are new talents that can be taken instead to even out the dps, but It still being a 12% dmg buff probably still makes it a must have. Perhaps a choice node to tie it into rising sun could work? Trade off of controlling when to use it for making it passively trigger off of a rising sun every 30 seconds.

1 Like

They could just make the same pulsing center around xuen or the monk … When it says it pulses … does that have a range?

1 Like

There’s one of two reason I can think of:

1. They think the statue is “part” of the class and just can’t convince themselves to get rid of it.
  2. They want to be rid of it but can’t think of another talent to add in that slot.
1 Like

They spent minutes working on that statue asset to just throw it away like that

I always said that Jade statue is useless. Make is a little baby dragon summon like Lili (Or Arcanae familiar in the shape of a baby dragon) who does what the statue is except you dont have to always recast it cause people go out of range

I think most people get that, but statue should be killed on principle. Why waste a talent when you could get similar results by just buffing celestial damage?

If Blizz is worried about not using the art asset, turn the statue into a staff monks can use as a mog or a glyph to turn our Celestials into a moving statue for a goof. It’s not the only ability that’s around just because of the excuse “we spent time making art for that” but should just be deleted and turned into a glyph. Looking at you FLS.

I must admit, I had to get to a point where I had to give myself permission for not taking it. It never wowed me, and it was inconsequential to the rest of my damage dealt.

I just couldn’t move beyond the fact that ‘sure the last talent in this bottom tree is super important and I am missing something’.

No. Not at all.

Yeah, if it just happens on its own I wouldn’t mind it.

Alternative thought, get back original recipe images. God those were soo much fun

This use to be how RSK worked in the first place, a dmg increase to the target