Get rid of soulfire for locks

Stop putting energy into it. We hardly use it and do not need it.

1 Like

It’s an interesting spell but it basically does the same thing as Chaos Bolt, but probably much, much worse.

Chaos Bolt is 1 talent point for an insane nuke that also has interactivity between many other abilities. Soul Fire takes like 4 talent points just to get it off the ground, still has a 3+ second cast time and a 45 base CD. It’s basically garbage.

Honestly, Soul Fire is basically a Hero Talent tree before there were Hero Talents. It’s a lot of talent points to make something mediocre. Or, a lot of talent points to try to fix something which is arguably broken.

I say make it a CD AoE nuke with a unique effect, like immolate instigation and upkeep. As well as empowering select spells used after it like Demon Fire or Chaos Bolt or Infernal.

Thematically the spell is radically different than how it actually functions. “Burns the enemy’s soul dealing X fire damage and applying immolate.” What about this spell feels like you’re burning someone’s soul? Not a damn thing, realistically. What would feel like you’re burning a soul is placing a debuff on them, as well as some sort of visual signifier which would indicate the burning of a soul.

If we want Soul Fire to be an effective ability (and the only time it is is when tier sets change its shape and form), then we need to add interactivity between other spells, and probably lower its casting time to about 2 seconds or 2.5 seconds.

1 Like

Yeah… should check out their “new” direction they want to go with. Sound like Soulfire gonna be base line again for Destro locks. Among other changes.

Continuing the discussion from Feedback: Warlock Updates:

This seems like bad logic. I feel like they could literally just change what demon is summoned and also remove the stun and it’d solve the issue.

Removing Avatar is going to substantially slow the spec down in higher end play. But, Avatar probably should have been removed for other reasons, like pigeonholing Destro into playing one way and causing degenerate gameplay.

Replacing it with Decimating Bolt is an interesting choice, but I literally don’t care about incinerate being buffed in a window, especially if Decimating Bolt is a sort of execute ability, but they’re also looking for ways to solve issues with Shadow Burn, so this seems like a bit of overlap but with no interactivity.

Looks like they’re going to reconfigure the tree, which is good. But, even if Soul Fire was made baseline it would still be a garbage ability that most people would almost always ignore, save for a precast on a boss… and, woo hoo?

Sorry for the long post, but I can’t post on the Alpha forums and Kaivax would probably never see my posts otherwise.

3 Likes

Would be nice if they either made Soul Fire a glyph to replace Chaos Bolt, or make it an alternate to Chaos Bolt with talents.