Get rid of shadow’s embrace... How to fix/nerf warlock single target

How about they just get rid of shadows embrace… or better yet… make it a raid wide debuff that buffs everyone’s overall dmg by lik 3-6%… further enhancing the warlock class’ fantasy/role/utility of a “rot/withering/dot” class.

I know they roled back the malefic rapture nerf, but I think this would be a better substitute…

Hire me blizzard

1 Like

raid wide debuffs are bad. Monk/DH debuffs are bad.

but im down to remove SE and give us back a nerfed version of contagion if they wanna nerf us.

why would someone ask for nerfs??? just wondering, even if you dont like the spell and the spec have their own issues, asking for nerfs to the only thing that the class do right is not a good idea in my opinion.

1 Like

cool, so here’s my thinking (believe me they don’t really read these forums)

They obviously wanted to nerf affliction a bit, the original MR nerf was obvious enough for that right? then they reverted it. They still likely wanna nerf the spec somehow some way, im simply offering the most mitigated way to nerf our overall potential output while effectively buffing the playstyle, and thats by putting contagion back at maybe 5% on UA, and removing shadows embrace, which i bet would actually lead to a DPS increase for most anyone.

1 Like

I dont mind a single target nerf to put us in line with the other classes, but if they do this they will also put us in line with the other classes in the AoE department?, are they going to make us viable for pvp? one change doesnt make sense if they dont fix the other areas.

1 Like

will they? probably not - as was said in other threads - they designed themselves into a corner. we live die and scale by malefic rapture. AOE, ST, Cleave, everything depends on how rapture hits. the only way they buff our AOE is to buff our ST and vice versa unfortunately.

buffing DOTS also really doesnt do anything because M+ is predicated around burst, DOTs are the complete opposite of burst

2 Likes

Well, they thought that MR would be the “fix all” to aff lock issues, thats why they spent so much time and money on it. But now they are realizing that they should of thought outside the box b4 implementing it as now they have nothing to nerf. Everything outside of MR does almost no dmg so they either nerf mr or they start taking away spells which will also nerf mr.

1 Like

I get the feeling MR is going to become the byword for “good on paper but terrible in the real world” for warlock community for a looooooong time.

1 Like

RIP whatever that single target channel we had whosnameimforgetting

Ahh shizbots, 'm brain farting.

Malefic grasp?

noo that was legion…soulwrack?

75% sure it was soulwrack?

That sounds maybe right.

This game has clearly been going on too long

it was in the SL class preview panel forever ago and then got deleted 20 minutes later

Soulshredder?

Idk, it’s Friday man. It’s bn a lonnnngggggg week.

Wrack Soul?

they could give us soul flame again? :slight_smile: