Get rid of PVP talents. SERIOUSLY

Honest feedback here because EVERYONE I ever talk to about this in game are on the same page. I’m sure some forum contrarian will have input otherwise but PVP talents just plain suck in their current implementation. I can use them in the world and in battlegrounds, but not in instances or if I want to level without getting ganked. Utilizing “Avenging Light” is by far the most fun I have ever had leveling as it allows me to pull a few mobs and AOE them down which creates a real dynamic interactive adventure type situation instead of a grindy one mob/one kill. It is also amazing to use while questing with a friend or a random stranger doing the same content I am.

However, if I turn WM off, I lose it. This is unacceptable as it is the only sustainable AOE I have as a Holy Paladin leveling since there are rarely any solo mobs in the world anymore and pack pulls have become the norm in questing and PVE. I just feel sorry for anyone choosing to level Holy Paladin in dungeon ground hog day mode that never gets to experience the story line content because they don’t have access to these offensive PvP talents - the designed mechanics of some of them amazing.

My request is that designers integrate the PVP talents into the talent tree somehow or make them baseline. It really is a bad legacy system that needs to be addressed. Let us play our way please and thank you!

(Also make elite PvP obtainable via any PvP, even honor. The old honor system got me hooked then some genius decided arenas were required along the way.)

1 Like

Hate to break it to ya, but you have been talking to an echo chamber.

I too want PvP talents in all gamemodes, but the problem is balance. Some PvP talents are too game-changing (lightning lasso, disarm, thorns, decomposing aura, etc.) that it would cause major balancing headaches for the dungeon and raid teams. Every encounter the team needs to think “How would ____ affect this fight?”

Keeping it separate allows PvPers to have fun with cool skills in the gamemode they are designed for.

3 Likes

Holy pally wanting to scrap the PvP talent system because he wants to be able to AoE better while leveling. K…

2 Likes

As someone who mains casters we need those pvp talents as a way of surviving melee. There’s no way to kite for most casters anymore so having disarms or lasso gives some breathing room.

2 Likes

There are abilities that cannot be balanced in PvE. Anything that deals a percentage of a target’s maximum health, many CC abilities, and some other powers like Dark Simulacrum would (and have) fundamentally broken PvE.

As such, the choice is “have the abilities in world PvP only” or “don’t have the abilities.”

Everyone saying pvp talents can’t be balanced in dungeons/raids - news flash, they already sim hundreds of talents and trees and they do a bang up job. It isn’t just my AOE, it is all pvp talents. I am an altaholic and played since vanilla. I have watched core talents pulled out from every class and made into glyphs, artifact weapon powers, azurite traits, azurite neck essences and PVP talents. PvP talents are the ONLY one you can use while leveling and then once you get to cap, can’t use to progress. Its axe backwards from other “talent” systems.

Nope, I love PVP talents, and I also love camping whiny kids like you.

You didn’t even read what I said troll. I play with WM on and use the PVP talents. I just want to use them all the time, in dungeons too.

1 Like