Get ready for wow on X-Box

As long as they don’t dumb down the PC version. I’ve seen quite a few games dumb down their PC version so they can add in a console version. If they have to even think about dumbing down the PC version then keep console and PC versions separate and not able to play together.

:-1: To dumbed down PC version of games to accommodate consoles

4 Likes

What about Switch? I miss being able to check AH on the go (RIP Banking App).

3 Likes

Yes, I want to be able to do dailies while taking a :poop:

2 Likes

World of Warcraft coming to console, even if “inferior” in many ways but be the best thing to happen to me in a long time. I’ve literally owned a PC since at leas 2010 for NO other reason that World of Warcraft. Literally everything else I do can be accomplished with a console, tablet, phone, and smart TV.

2 Likes

Update: Easier to port to Xbox than PS4.

1 Like

Using a controller is not worse than clicking, people have been playing on controllers doing mythic raid farm runs for almost 2 years now.

Obviously keyboard/mouse is better. controllers are just used for trivial content, which is 80% of this game outside of raids

So probably to Xbox first and then eventually PS5.

Would addons be possible?

Cause if not - good luck console people.

I have a hard time believing that because of added controller support means that we’ll have console ports. Not gonna happen, they can’t control updates as much as they want that way, plus if they wanted to have more players play the game, don’t you think they’d have put WoW on Steam first?

2 Likes

It would really be foolish to add the action camera, controller support, and the new character creation screen and UI changes just to be able to plug an xbox controller into your PC. Blizzard loves money and WoW on console, would sell millions.

FF14 is far more complex and does just fine on console.

3 Likes

Action Camera was in the game files since at least legion. Don’t think that’s the reason it was added.

Regardless, Blizzard would also like to not give a cut to anyone else. Don’t think they’re willing to give Sony any amount of money, or Microsoft.

xbox? eww.

3 Likes

Thats true. Good thing they didn’t make Diablo 3 for literally every console out there for two generations.

the new xbox is basically a gaming pc

1 Like

I’m going to re-post a post I made on wowhead about the reason I’m glad they are adding controller support:

When I mentioned that controller support was possibly coming to WoW for Shadowlands, a friend of mine has expressed a lot of interest in coming back to play again. He used to play during Burning Crusade and Wrath, but he physically lost both eyes. When he gained some confidence in using a computer after a few months of adjusting to being blind, he played some WoW with a heavy reliance on the follow command and focus target macros. It was still frustrating for him, and he eventually quit playing sometime during Cataclysm. For a long time, he only played games specifically designed for blind players or that worked well with screen reader software. However, in the past few years, he’s purchased an X-Box One to play Diablo 3 (plus a multitude of fighting games, which is a a genre where he doesn’t have to rely on a sighted person for movement). He needs someone that can see to act as a guide, but he’s played hundreds of hours of D3 that way.

So, if adding controller support gets people like my friend playing and allows new players who have avoided the game due to the inability for them to use keyboard controls, then gamepad support is worth it just for that reason alone.

2 Likes

Yeah but for some reason encounters feel more frantic and active than WoW’s. Probably because like half the abilities are OGCD so you do alot of ability weaving.

Also, boss encounters generally feel more punishing to me in FFXIV.

1 Like

Already have a gaming PC though.

If the console port proves lucrative, you better believe they will dumb down the game on pc.

You know fully well that WoW and Diablo are completely different games. One’s a single player dungeon crawler and the other an MMO. That’s a strawman.

3 Likes

The fact that I had to think about which one you refer to as a single playing dungeon crawler and an MMO for few seconds speaks volumes.

Never the less, of course they are different games, what does that matter? Both blizzard games.

1 Like