Get an Early Look at Eight New Hero Talent Trees

Its not a rework fyi. Theyre just moving talents around

Love the warlock one! Looks awesome :slight_smile:

I really fear of what they will make for the warriors with their talent tree.

Minor point, but I show only one L:

I sound it as dee-awb-uh-list

As a Destruction main on all of my Warlocks I don’t love or hate Diabolist but it is really nice to finally see a Warlock hero talent tree though so that gets points from me for that alone honestly.

2 Likes

Nice to see my December prediction is holding firm.

3 Likes

I had a feeling it would be the one we got, but I do wish we’d gotten one for Affliction. While I play Demo and Destruction from time to time. Affliction is my favorite Warlock spec.

Overall none of them seemed like an immediate miss like oracle did in the last set. Of these I’d say the rogue and warlock ones are outliers.

The rogue one is a negative outlier since rogue has a lot of buttons and I counted 3 extra added to outlaw’s rotation(feint which should be bound already to be fair but not as a damage button, distract which is most certainly not on every rogues keybinds, and killing spree which is currently not taken) and it also makes rogues tankier for some reason. Also 5(7) second maintenance buffs give me an instinctive rejection response I could have misread how its meant to work though. Despite this it seems interesting enough and it is not oracle tier(shelfing priest if it becomes meta) bad.

The warlock one is the positive outlier for me, it doesn’t seem to change much aside from having to take cataclysm and it adds some interesting interactions with the preexisting kit. I worry that it’ll be a lot stronger for destro then it is for demo if it boils down to soul shard spam, because soul shard rain of fire spam can theoretically get two diabolic ritual demons out at a time at full output. That being said soul shard spam rain of fire getting out two diabolic demons and turning two of those rain of fires into super hand of gul dan sounds awesome and warlock spell effects tend to not miss so having a few new ones is pretty exciting.

Of the remaining six I don’t really play those classes much lately aside from evoker which looks good, though I have a concern that if you can turn with breath you might end up being to double back like starting the breath on your target’s hit box and then doing a loop and ending the breath where you started and possibly doubling up the buff if this is possible that makes the tree ridiculous. Aside from that feral looks to be eating well paladins seem to be solid, prot warrior damage options are secured and I have to wonder if general class talents are being looked at since a few things made me raise my eyebrows aside from the shockwave existing on the warrior tree.

1 Like

Wish you revealed Ruby Adept over Scalecommander so you can get the feedback now to scrap it and start from scratch cause there’s no way it will compete with Chronowarden for Preservation.

This was never said.

I wish people would stop reminding me that the Priest one I was excited for is being changed to something I probably will find boring. :dracthyr_cry_animated:

1 Like

Every time I read that we all get to watch talents shuffle, disappear and cause a continual rebuild of the talent trees.

1 Like

Your explaining a meta not the covenant system.

The covenant systems problem was tying player power and progressions to what was essentially a cosmetic/RP choice. This forced players to either a.) Use the best player power choice and follow the meta or b.) Choose the cosmetics they preferred.

Hero talents are not the same these are a new talent row.

The illusion of choice has been here since vanilla, that’s just the meta. One class will always be at the top. One spec will always be at the top. There will always be a mathematical best choice.

I’d rather see blizzard explore new and fun play styles than just have them go “oh this won’t be meta? Don’t do it” to every cool idea.

3 Likes

More buttons…yay…

1 Like

Unfortunately the druid specs once again lack much pizazz. Equivalently more damage and healing with little class fantasy or seemingly much visual impressiveness suggested by the spells.

Colossus, Trickster, Diabolist and even scale commander sound very cool in having a new twist to their respective classes and specs.

I wonder if the devs are confounded by druids relative “jack of all trades” and are afraid to do anything with these new hero talents that would put us out of line power wise?

But even when it comes to class fantasy - I dont see new forms or anything spectacular to get excited over. Same issue with the aforementioned Grove Keeper.

The whole concept of hero talents seems warped by its own goals of “same but different”, accomplishing neither for druid.

I would prefer class skins and no power potential to stuff I can only slightly see in the world and mostly on a dps meter.

1 Like

Yeah sure.

No conduits, no renown, no grind, no conduit energy, not lock in . . . but yeah, totally the same thing as covenants :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Light’s Guidance: Wake of Ashes is what I was expecting from hero talents. Instead of the new ability taking up an additional keybind, it replaces Wake of Ashes for 12 seconds after I cast it. Keep up the good work.

Except not really since they’re passives.

Colossus is a very off name for a Warrior Spec. It just doesn’t sound right.

Given the description/skills it should be called Champion instead.

Otherwise I have no complaints atm.

Or replacement abilities. Like frostfire bolt.

I think only lightsmith added a new skill.