Get A Northrend Upgrade Before Your Journey to Icecrown

You suffer from anchoring bias. The days of AAA games costing $80 without additional monetization are long gone.

You aren’t buying wrath though.

Wrath is included in your game.

You’re paying for a toy, pet and a mount and another mount for retail.

It’s WAY too much. $30 or even $40 is what I would expect for something like this.

I have zero respect for anyone who buys this, to be frank lol. Don’t support predatory business choices. You can literally buy a AAA game that was released this year of your choice and still have $20 leftover.

Blizzard is crazy with this price, plain and simple.

At least with Dragonflight Epic edition we were buying new content on top of the cosmetics.

EDIT: And to be frank I don’t care if there’s a boost and game time. The fact they bundled them with the cosmetics to try to justify the price is predatory by not offering a bundle that only had the cosmetics. That boost is $60 on it’s own and the large majority of the price. They should offer a $30-40 option without the boost or game time but with the cosmetics.

32 Likes

No they aren’t. You’re still buying a full game.

They’re adding dlc later. That’s literally no different than wow charging for expansions.

But in this case you aren’t buying content. You’re spending a ridiculous amount of money on cosmetics you likely will never use.

6 Likes

I got the epic one, and received the mount it said I would for retail, but I did not get the Whalebone Glider on Classic…in checking my character has the two Warlock class mounts from vanilla, a swift green hawkstrider, and a tawny wind rider. I have no mail and it’s not in my bags. Anybody else?

*edit - I also don’t have the penguin pet…or the Lucky Lure…

and the pet isnt availiable in retail for some reason:O(

Zero respect? It’s a video game :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Got mine from the Scryers Inn keeper, maybe check there or Aldor one

1 Like

Granted I only bought TBCC one just for the retail mount because it looked cool but not this time the mount actually looks really dumb and only playing retail not going to spend 80 bucks for a mount that is only a plus one.

When you go to your next job interview and they ask how many mounts you have, only then will you rethink your life’s choices from this day …

Thank you! I don’t think I saw a single thing in the game pointing me that way

1 Like

I guess I don’t mind the price so much, since it includes a cool mount and some gametime. But when I did the Dark Portal upgrade I was surprised at how terrible the green gear was. I didn’t even get a relic to use for my spec. I suppose they want everything to be replaceable with the first quest. But Level 50 gear was better than what they provided for the 58.

If they think I’ll pay $80 for a bone glider, they are sorely mistaken.

12 Likes

I say just play on private realms since they took away TBC classic. Who says they won’t take away Wrath classic.

1 Like

$105 AUD…

you’re joking right

10 Likes

Full price , really? you guys are squeezing the classic community huh asking them pay again for the same expansion and sub on top of that :rofl:

12 Likes

reminds me sort of when i bought ff6 for PS1 despite still having a working SNES to play ff3 but didn’t want to futz with the 3 save slots

Blizzard, WE LOVE YOU!! *fangirling
Ion please have my babies!

5 Likes

Sorry Blizzard, but this is too expensive. I usually cheer you guys on but this time im putting my foot down. No thanks! $80 is too much and that’s ridiculous! :angry: :rage:

3 Likes

Hard pass.

3 Likes

1 Like