Gentleman's Lounge and Megathread

Yep. Sear them up at high heat, drop the heat and cook to your liking.

Also need that feel for when you know they are right instead of cutting to check. Don’t cut that steak until it’s off the heat and the temp has dropped a bit or you’re wasting all the goodness.

1 Like

I would do this but in a stoneware container. I don’t store hot food in plastic.

2 Likes

I just like the air tight feature. I cook them to med rare, and that extra 5 min brings them to exactly medium. I do not like them on the rare side. Just done enough where the pink is gone in the center.

Now Prime rib, idc lol. It melts in your mouth no matter how its done.

yeah i always cut to check, i am indeed doing it wrong

glass containers is the way, i agree

oh or stoneware, i don’t have that though

it’s not showing as flagged to me?
…unless it was removed.

there are already multiple people in here failing to abide by the CoC.
it’s not the thread itself.
it’s the trolls who simply can’t help themselves.

if it’s BPA free it should be fine (i think?)
i put freshly cooked meals into BPA containers, leave the lid askew while they cool a little, (not a lot) then put in the fridge

i figure there’s already more microplastics in the food, than what the container is able to impart :stuck_out_tongue:

that works but they have glass containers with vents at the seal points, kinda ideal

I use glass for everything. I don’t believe there has been enough research into plastic food containers. And if you do use plastic, never use it for hot food or drinks. At least I don’t.

Thank you kindly Myzrym! It’s definitely been a challenge in will power for me especially when my partner quit and went back to eating regularly. It’s a bummer to go to the Mexican restaurant and he gets all the chips and salsa for himself xD

1 Like

lol that would suck bull

but if u want it u want it and u read like u are doing it

Lol I ain’t breaking up with him I love him too much. Tbh I think he forgot about it. It was some cheap stuff on amazon.

I think it helps with conditioning like hair conditioner.

It was somekind of kit off amazon. I don’t remember exactly what it is.

Good thread.

My assigned second block is at a field trip, so I have an extra break un the day.

Fun stuff!

Hey now! You almost made me choke on the mozzarella sticks I was chewing on x’D

Where you’re getting your food is important. I live in the Midwest so getting a half or whole cow isn’t hard to do.

right on, also wh40k books are worth a read

Yay the thread was unflagged! :smiley:

3 Likes

Good, because I’ve seen nothing here that’s against the ToS unless talking about steaks is ToS.

1 Like

if talking steak is wrong, i don’t wanna be right

6 Likes