General Consensus on 8.1.5?

You seriously can’t be believing them?

So long as these unused zones aren’t meaningful in terms of current content, there’s no reason for them to remove portals to these places, and the same people will be using said portals, even less so. If they want transportation flow through newer places, I’d love for them to put a few of those portals that they removed in the new portal room.

This completely contradicts the “World” of Warcraft, huddling players into one space rather than using the entire world. It’s ridiculous.

Hell, they said it themselves that they’re gonna design the portal rooms with the intent to make more space.

4 Likes

It would be an okay patch IF:

Bugs were fixed.
Brawlers Guild more challenging
Classes addressed somewhat

Right now it is okay since allied races are out but other than that it is meh. Not great and not poor but borderline average. For a patch of its size it is okay.

1 Like

I don’t recall saying that I believed them or thought that their methods would be effective. I’m simply stating what the last communication on the subject that I’m aware of was.

It honestly feels the same as what we’ve been playing the past few months, with two new ARs added into the mix and bugs and glitches galore.

But I also haven’t been focusing on much outside of doing my WQ emissaries and farming mounts and mog for the past few months either.

1 Like

PLayer interaction that is rich. We are now a society that seek affirmation from random strangers via our technological devices like smart phones and computers. What makes them think people will interact more with the removal of portals when we are to the point that people barely interact with each other other then work or school or maybe even family functions.

1 Like

No prob, but the previous paragraph contradicts what they say entirely:

1 Like

Amazeing almost feels like 8.2 instead.

Just inspires me to log out instead of spending a couple extra minutes in travel time. Even if I use the portal room, I am not really interacting with other players. I am just running by them or cursing under my breath because they are blocking the portal. I actually went out of my way before the change to get more personal teleportation items so I can bypass the portal room as much as possible.

3 Likes

My favorite thing is how everything worked perfectly fine yesterday, but all of a sudden I have black screens, FPS drops, and crashes galore today. MuSt jUsT bE oN mY eNd ThOuGh

2 Likes

Patch didn’t change much of anything for me. Got the alchemy stone on my alt, so theoretically raid consumable farming is less intense (assuming the proc chance works well enough). I’ve not bothered with the war campaign since it continues the overall trend of having the Horde fail at every objective it attempts (also rubbing the cartoon villain evil in our faces in the process). Haven’t bothered with the allied races since I currently have no interest in another alt.

So, at best, the patch accomplishes very little. Maybe it hasn’t broken anything in the process?

EDIT: Regarding the portal changes, all it means is I now alt tab on a flight path instead of actively moving my characters around. So, the world’s actually smaller now since I’m taking the lazy route and interacting with it even less.

Good thing a AAA MMORPG like WoW has a great QA team…oh wait half of them have been fired. :frowning:

3 Likes

Great patch, but heartbreaking to see Baine become a traitor, and even more to see many leaders sympathize with his actions in a time of war.

1 Like

I have more to do than before the patch, so I’m cool.

I’ve not unlocked the races yet, not in the mood to do several dungeons.

Kind of miffed. My only character who worked with Suarfang did not get quest.

I don’t particualiry like the new way they do patches, releasing some timegated content and questlines with no raid.

What we’ve seen so far of naga invasions is a bit underwhelming and I don’t feel adding new allied races count as content, they’re basicly an art/marketing team project.

I’d really like them to go back to releasing new dungeons trought the expansions with each raid patch, maybe even with this kind of small patch before the raid to give something to bite on.

This game needs new blood in team leads and head dev dpts. At this point i dont know if its an activision problem or cookie cutting devs.

Art and music team are great as usual but thats always the best thing if wow. You guys rock!!!

Class balance team needs to be found. Believe theyve been kidnapped

5 Likes

Im done with everything in this patch on 4 characters. It would be nice if the 2 boss raid were also in LFR mode. I am now back to watching the dailie cache, and if its junk, I log out and not log back in until the next days reset.

Wow, so much to do.

NOT!

1 Like

I’d have to say that I’m surprised that the races we waited so long for seem not finished. Seriously thought we were getting some top of the line characters.

Zandalari troll racials seem fine to me. The heal is nice to have but I’ve only used it once. I guess if you don’t have a heal then it would appear to be OP but I don’t think it is personally. It’s a stand still and hope ur not hit heal so not as good as an instant heal imo. I like the Loa racial but most of those don’t hold water. I can’t see getting Gonk ever. I thought Bwomsamdi would be noticeable but it isn’t and the dmg and heal are so tiny that it would have to proc more to be even slightly useful imo. I don’t heal so not sure how Akunda is working. Haven’t used Krag’wa. Kimbul procs almost every fight which is nice but I don’t see it stack so that limits it. And Pa’ku might be best but I haven’t used it enough to know if it procs enough to even get. The Pterradox swoop or whatever it is called is super fun. Just wish it had a smaller cooldown so I could have some fun with it, lol.

The druid animations are half good and half unfinished. Not wild about how the scrawny boomkin jumps. Looks like it is flailing. I love the raptor animations though. Very cool! Haven’t messed with the turtle. Used the feral form a couple times but not to attack and it ran fine.

I fell in love with the rogue animations of left side, right side, and stomach jab. Not sure if that’s how all races are animated for rogue but the Zandalari rogue just rocks and has become my favorite so far.

Portal room is weird at first but you get use to it. Very nice to have a Northrend Dalaran port for once. And there’s even a Draenor one which is also nice. Haven’t leveled through old content yet so can’t tell you if any ports are missing.

Unfortunately I can’t do the new War Campaign quest due to not knowing I had to finish the Jaina raid to unlock, ugh. Not really a raider so it kind of puts a damper on new content.

I’d give BFA 8.1.5 a 55% right now with further testing needed to give a more accurate rating.

**Edited to update. Call it update 1.0, lol

There’s a new raiding with leashes… I’m happy.

1 Like

I’m just happy the new race is out, and I’m leveling through old content so I’m not experiencing any of these problems. Only issue I noticed with Kul’tiran is in the forum avatar lol