General Consensus on 8.1.5?

I was interested in how people feel about this patch overall.

I’m disappointed. So many bugs on the first day, with more bugs persisting.

Overtuned racials for the Zandalari Trolls and unfinished Kul Tiran Human models.

The removal of portals obviously = more playtime metrics to please the shareholders and makes farming much more grueling. It’s great that they focused on this gamebreaking problem rather than working on something of less significance like… class design.

Not to mention that the small amount of war campaign that we get is gated behind a mission table.

Either way, I should’ve expected that.

SW portal room and the new cinematic look astounding though!

Also, the new allied race models in general are great (the shapes… I guess?), but still… the Kul Tiran facial options lack variety and the female looks like Amy Schumer.

Oh yeah. And Wintergrasp. That’s pretty snazzy.

How do y’all feel?

EDIT: Yes, I know class design isn’t comparable to the removal of portals. It was just a general comparison clearly stating that their priorities certainly haven’t been class design, which is unfortunate in my opinion.

5 Likes

It’s like everything that has been released for BFA. No attention to detail and no polish at all.

16 Likes

the new AR seems unfinished as product as whole… to my eyes there’s a couple threads around saying the same.

the rest of the content… is something I can just spend my time on by the end of the expansion if I wanted.

conclusion: “meh” of patch.

1 Like

Not too bad. Bit glitchy.
Wish i could find a straight answer on how to continue the war campaign.

I was looking forward to the Portal Room, and I am happy with it. Hope some of the removes portals make their way back.

Here’s a link to the 8.1.5 War Campaign for Horde. Hope this helps!

Thank you good sir.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to continuing the War campaign when I get home from work. A lot of focus has been on the new allied races, but I consider those cosmetics not new content and they don’t interest me at all.

The new smaller raid may help me get back into raiding but it’s still so far away. I’m not a fan of artificially timegating the raids for so long after a patch release. Make them accessible to normal and heroic on day one!

I could be wrong but I’m not convinced that removing portals is a comparable workload to designing and balancing 36 specs for both PvP and PvE.

1 Like

It certainly was quite the reaching comparison. It’s just the fact that they focused on this at all. Nobody asked for it whatsoever. They could’ve taken their time to at least put a little more love into the War Campaign instead of making half of it into a mission rather than doing this I guess?

AN extra minute of flight somewhere is not grueling.

It’s great that they focused on this gamebreaking problem rather than working on something of less significance like… class design.

Software design is not either/or. There are people assigned to class design and balance, others to pet battles, and others to world design.

So I’ve done the tools of the trade with my main and helped a bunch of people get theirs. Then I found absolutely no use for it aside from wasting resources and time.

I’ve noticed no difference with the tools for either tailoring or enchanting on the materials I’m getting. The tailoring perk of getting old expansion cloth is just a waste of bag space. The enchanting perk of animating a tide watcher (alliance) seems neat but I literally had to spend over an hour running round just looking for one to finally find one. And this is while the reagent is something that I can auction for ~1k gold on my server that gives me a 30 minute companion that (if it’s like others) can’t be used in raids or dungeons. Woo?

1 Like

I can do without the lag otherwise it’s great

3 Likes

I’m aware, and the comparison is definitely farfetched. I made an edit that hopefully clarifies things.

Also, the flight time adds up, and sometimes it isn’t 1 minute. Why is it so bad to have a portal from Vale of Eternal Blossoms? Blizzard removed that portal and is now making us go from Paw’don Glade. If you want to farm Throne of Thunder on all of your characters, that gets old… really fast.

Same with Caverns of Time. There used to be a portal, and there isn’t even an innkeeper there. It’s very inconvenient when you have alts to do things with in places like these.

The world isn’t “more open” as Blizzard is trying to tell us. So long as there’s no purpose to do current content in old zones, this portal removal will be an inconvenience to me, and most likely many others.

1 Like

Meh… Melee gameplay is still sluggish and disjointed due to the GCD changes. Still struggling with that. Casters always felt sluggish to me so can’t compare them really.

Artwork in the portal room is nice. Still lamenting the removal of the Caverns of Time portal. I just won’t do that content anymore and will simply log off instead. Still have plenty to do in my Garrison and Pandaria Farm for now.

A new raiding with leashes achievement is good. I’ll be in those MOP Raids for a few weeks.

Haven’t unlocked either the Kul Tirans or Zandalari. Will do so eventually. As a primary solo player, I don’t care about racial balance anymore. Don’t care about balance at all anymore.

Again, I wish the War Campaign was more involved. Seems to have been only 30 minutes of gameplay spread out over two days. Quests overall seem to be lacking in this expansion’s patches.

Oh well. Still more content than the largest patch of all time, 6.1.

2 Likes

The irrational side of me feels like saying, “Blizzard, if you want your desert (removing portals), you need to finish your vegetables (class fixes) first!”

2 Likes

Yeah, that was kind of what I was going at there haha

1 Like

Not a giant fan of it, to be honest. Kinda lackluster and bland. I knew what to expect though and was given it–which was, basically, nothing.

3 Likes

The last I saw, their goal with removing portals was to encourage player interaction.

You seriously can’t be believing them?

So long as these unused zones aren’t meaningful in terms of current content, there’s no reason for them to remove portals to these places, and the same people will be using said portals, even less so. If they want transportation flow through newer places, I’d love for them to put a few of those portals that they removed in the new portal room.

This completely contradicts the “World” of Warcraft, huddling players into one space rather than using the entire world. It’s ridiculous.

Hell, they said it themselves that they’re gonna design the portal rooms with the intent to make more space.

4 Likes