General Consensus on 8.1.5?

I’m aware, and the comparison is definitely farfetched. I made an edit that hopefully clarifies things.

Also, the flight time adds up, and sometimes it isn’t 1 minute. Why is it so bad to have a portal from Vale of Eternal Blossoms? Blizzard removed that portal and is now making us go from Paw’don Glade. If you want to farm Throne of Thunder on all of your characters, that gets old… really fast.

Same with Caverns of Time. There used to be a portal, and there isn’t even an innkeeper there. It’s very inconvenient when you have alts to do things with in places like these.

The world isn’t “more open” as Blizzard is trying to tell us. So long as there’s no purpose to do current content in old zones, this portal removal will be an inconvenience to me, and most likely many others.

1 Like

Meh… Melee gameplay is still sluggish and disjointed due to the GCD changes. Still struggling with that. Casters always felt sluggish to me so can’t compare them really.

Artwork in the portal room is nice. Still lamenting the removal of the Caverns of Time portal. I just won’t do that content anymore and will simply log off instead. Still have plenty to do in my Garrison and Pandaria Farm for now.

A new raiding with leashes achievement is good. I’ll be in those MOP Raids for a few weeks.

Haven’t unlocked either the Kul Tirans or Zandalari. Will do so eventually. As a primary solo player, I don’t care about racial balance anymore. Don’t care about balance at all anymore.

Again, I wish the War Campaign was more involved. Seems to have been only 30 minutes of gameplay spread out over two days. Quests overall seem to be lacking in this expansion’s patches.

Oh well. Still more content than the largest patch of all time, 6.1.

2 Likes

The irrational side of me feels like saying, “Blizzard, if you want your desert (removing portals), you need to finish your vegetables (class fixes) first!”

2 Likes

Yeah, that was kind of what I was going at there haha

1 Like

Not a giant fan of it, to be honest. Kinda lackluster and bland. I knew what to expect though and was given it–which was, basically, nothing.

3 Likes

The last I saw, their goal with removing portals was to encourage player interaction.

You seriously can’t be believing them?

So long as these unused zones aren’t meaningful in terms of current content, there’s no reason for them to remove portals to these places, and the same people will be using said portals, even less so. If they want transportation flow through newer places, I’d love for them to put a few of those portals that they removed in the new portal room.

This completely contradicts the “World” of Warcraft, huddling players into one space rather than using the entire world. It’s ridiculous.

Hell, they said it themselves that they’re gonna design the portal rooms with the intent to make more space.

4 Likes

It would be an okay patch IF:

Bugs were fixed.
Brawlers Guild more challenging
Classes addressed somewhat

Right now it is okay since allied races are out but other than that it is meh. Not great and not poor but borderline average. For a patch of its size it is okay.

1 Like

I don’t recall saying that I believed them or thought that their methods would be effective. I’m simply stating what the last communication on the subject that I’m aware of was.

It honestly feels the same as what we’ve been playing the past few months, with two new ARs added into the mix and bugs and glitches galore.

But I also haven’t been focusing on much outside of doing my WQ emissaries and farming mounts and mog for the past few months either.

1 Like

PLayer interaction that is rich. We are now a society that seek affirmation from random strangers via our technological devices like smart phones and computers. What makes them think people will interact more with the removal of portals when we are to the point that people barely interact with each other other then work or school or maybe even family functions.

1 Like

No prob, but the previous paragraph contradicts what they say entirely:

1 Like

Amazeing almost feels like 8.2 instead.

Just inspires me to log out instead of spending a couple extra minutes in travel time. Even if I use the portal room, I am not really interacting with other players. I am just running by them or cursing under my breath because they are blocking the portal. I actually went out of my way before the change to get more personal teleportation items so I can bypass the portal room as much as possible.

3 Likes

My favorite thing is how everything worked perfectly fine yesterday, but all of a sudden I have black screens, FPS drops, and crashes galore today. MuSt jUsT bE oN mY eNd ThOuGh

2 Likes

Patch didn’t change much of anything for me. Got the alchemy stone on my alt, so theoretically raid consumable farming is less intense (assuming the proc chance works well enough). I’ve not bothered with the war campaign since it continues the overall trend of having the Horde fail at every objective it attempts (also rubbing the cartoon villain evil in our faces in the process). Haven’t bothered with the allied races since I currently have no interest in another alt.

So, at best, the patch accomplishes very little. Maybe it hasn’t broken anything in the process?

EDIT: Regarding the portal changes, all it means is I now alt tab on a flight path instead of actively moving my characters around. So, the world’s actually smaller now since I’m taking the lazy route and interacting with it even less.

Good thing a AAA MMORPG like WoW has a great QA team…oh wait half of them have been fired. :frowning:

3 Likes

Great patch, but heartbreaking to see Baine become a traitor, and even more to see many leaders sympathize with his actions in a time of war.

1 Like

I have more to do than before the patch, so I’m cool.

I’ve not unlocked the races yet, not in the mood to do several dungeons.

Kind of miffed. My only character who worked with Suarfang did not get quest.