So I’ve been doing a lot of research on tanks, especially in tbc, because I’m going to play one when the time comes. But I just can’t understand why tanks are geared so drastically different in the 2 versions of the game!
- wears mail gloves for weapon skill
- Doesn’t really care about defensive stats
- Laughs in the face of traditional tanks by duel wielding instead of using a shield
- uncrittable is a top priority above all else
- after that, get 102.4% avoidance to eliminate crushing blows
- Only after those 2 requirements are met can you focus on HP/threat
So why the sudden shift? Do bosses really hit THAT much harder in tbc? Or perhaps is there a threat multiplier that makes makes survival gear much more appealing? Help me understand what’s going on here.