Gear upgrade cost - middle-ground request

You forgot the class ensembles, which are exclusive and several other things.

That was already mentioned by me in the post above that. Those can all be acquired for free with 0 bronze other than that it is 91k for all of them. Still no where near 2million Bronze. Since you have to have the character each of them and there are 13 Classes that is 520k Bronze Free from Blizzard without acquiring any other bronze. 520k Free Bronze > 91k Bronze. Though you have to get the first character the achievements at least which gives the ensembles so it is actually max only 84k for the class ensembles. The “several other things” are like the mini mana bomb and tabard which is a massive 500 bronze each. Which we are still no where near even what you would get in terms of bronze from leveling the 13 characters to get each of the class ensembles.

Here is the thing though. They basically implemented a flight stone system where you can buy all these wonderful things with flight stones but you get zero account watermarking for discounts, they also omitted thunderforging as a plausible catchup mechanism for alts. You’re over here bandying around numbers like 500k bronze is something that is easy and simple to get, like I can just pop over to the cornerstore for a yak wash and 500k bronze. Been at this since it launched and still haven’t gotten 500k bronze.

Kill rares, do your dailies (LFR, Quests, achievements, etc).

You can get over 15k bronze a day by spending only less than 30 minutes doing 1 LFR, 2 Scenarios, 2 Dungeons, and each of the 6 World Bosses. It isn’t hard to do. I’ve been playing since the Saturday after it started was 70 on the Sunday and had 60k Bronze just going 10 to 70. That is without that extra 40k from the froggers punishment to them gain for us non-froggers. That’s 100k Bronze for just leveling up a single character. I had 300k bronze before they added the higher rewards from the dailies giving us 5x more than what we were initially getting in Bronze from the start of the Remix from these quests. I have gotten probably well over 700k Bronze since the start since I have all my gear at 1 to 2 tiers below max ilvl (only took the important ones to 1 below max).

The 520k Bronze I just mentioned was you talking about getting all the ensembles and that this game mode is about leveling alts for TWW. There are 3 purple quests for all your characters that give you a total of 40k Bronze PER character. 13 Classes * 40k = 520k Bronze. So yes it is something simple and easy because that 520k Bronze is something you just gain by not doing anything special other than playing the Remix the way you want to play it. Which is leveling alts.

I already mentioned I am fine with it being discounted for alts the cost, but the cost for leveling your gear should still be 560k for the first character like the rest of us bit the bullet and did it to make things easier. You also don’t need every character at 556 ilvl. All this gear is going away after Remix and these characters are getting generic trash gear like a boosted level 70 from the store.

1 Like

The exclusive raid tints are the big issue then.

i will admit that MoP remix is very alt-unfriendly.

my main is speed capped because of the cloak - and it literally feels bad to walk around with my other toons because they are so much slower.

i will agree that alts should not have my main’s full cloak at level 10, that would be way too OP.

but when my alt hits 70, they should have the exact same cloak as my main… and any threads i earn on my alts should also be earned for my main’s cloak - essentially making the cloak entirely account wide.

as for upgrade discounts - yes, those should be account wide as well. I have enough bronze on my main to fully upgrade an alt if there were account wide discounts.

this brings me to my other point - bronze should be an account-wide currency.

That’s cool, man. It’d be no different than everyone who already no-lifes this mode and grinds respawns and stuff to get so far ahead. It probably would have incredibly diminishing returns for your style of play super fast.

But those of us who don’t play like this, which I can only imagine is a significantly higher percent of the playerbase, would just find a reason to play some of these alts at 70.

There is no right or wrong. If you have fun doing what you do, I am happy for you. I still see more potential negative than positive for character wide slots.

This is heavily group dependant.
I’ve been doing this on each alt every day and the average is 40 mins JUST for the quoted activities. I’ve never even touched the WBs yet, other than randomly passing through Sha of Anger once or twice.

The bronze costs are too high/gains too low.

P.S.: I already have a /played of 4 days AKA 96h on Remix already, and haven’t gotten even half the rewards, and only 2 level 70 chars, playing almost every single day.

At that point I was already R40 in Plunderstorm while actively trying to win the games.

Not really much negative about people being able to get everything out of a limited time event if they want to go to extremes to do so. Especially when it’s mostly cosmetic and none of the power moves forward to TWW.

1 Like

You can already lvl an alt almost instantly and use the 40k plus the 38k from living in normal raids to buy almost a whole NPC out of their ensembles. Lol you farming mythic org on multiple characters means absolutely nothing since it takes 4 days at most of mythic org to get all the heirlooms and the shoulders.

1 Like

I mean why should you upgrade something that is only temporary, if you are enjoying going through the quest chains and achievements and stuff. I feel the need to say it’s not about the destination, it’s about the journey. Though I’d like to ask what is a suitable % of reduction?

Happy to see more people coming on here and making this recommendation. Have been recommending it for several days now and think it would greatly improve the event. Sure some people that spend a ton of time in the game and/or do stuff very efficiently will just be able to farm bronze even faster. However, that isn’t really a downside because there is no way people that play that way wouldn’t be able to get enough bronze to buy everything anyways. Therefore, it is just something for the other (majority) of playerbase to help incentivize them into upgrading and enabling them to try other classes rather than feel pressured into only doing “hard” content on one character.

Half the rewards from the vendors aka half of everything from bronze so 800k+. You should have spent that Bronze on gear then instead of transmogs/mounts/toys to speed that up instead of gear. I clear Scenarios, Dungeons, LFR in mere minutes. LFR bosses dropping in seconds.

This character that I am posting this reply under has 5days 6 hours 10mins /played on Remix. 4days 2 hr 24min at level 70 played. It was my 1st 70 on Remix. I have the gear at what I have plus 200k Bronze unspent atm. Had more but did buy some stuff. Seeing if I can get it as drops before buying others.

The gains are not too low. The event has 78 days left from the 90 it started with and you have almost half of everything in just 12 days of it. Did you want it all handed to you by doing nothing in just 2 days? Then you could go back and complain that there is nothing to do in WoW?

I also have 2 level 50’s and 14 other level 10’s in Remix I plan on leveling up. They will go fast. I have less than a few hours and the toons are 50.

I’m also playing alts. Not talking about a single OP character that indeed could be wrecking things in Remix.

AND for at least the last 8 days, I’ve been pumping all my bronze gears on the main into upgrades, hoping to get to the “OP” advertisement point promised by Blizzard.

So far, at 440 avg, I’m just OP in world content, which is something easily doable on retail too.

The /played thing is for the whole realm btw, not this one character, and I already think I invested WAY too much time on it (the event).

Also, farming bronze via gear upgrading through instances has severe diminishing returns, as someone else pointed out in a different topic:

They are. They are FAR too low. The event having a 95 day duration does not mean you MUST no-life it everyday to have a CHANCE at obtaining SOME of what you want.

I also don’t have half of everything.
I’m using a copy of an online spreadsheet to track what I have vs. what I still need to buy.
I’m not even 30% done.

Here’s the link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q7Tj6c2qKulFidG23P1-EQ4cmWniZCbBtjS3qyH_6J0/edit#gid=0

And according to my tracking, I still need a whopping 1.18 million bronze out of a 1.66M total to get everything, not counting the extra effort of collecting Garrosh bones AND finishing Landfall and Isle of Thunder on all classes.

And that was including many stuff I already had unlocked from MoP, those being a lot of toys and a few mounts.

The gains are WAY too low for regular play, which is why players are constantly searching for efficient ways for farming the currency, even if are dull or mind numbing.

I have been playing 3-5 characters every day. My Remix mage is already 70 (and shelved, as the others also will, because using bronze for gear upkeep takes ages before starting to show some decent returns), monk and paladin are already 65-69, and I have a warrior at 50-59 and evoker/shaman at 20-25, with the rest not really started yet (10-19).

They are NOT going fast either, and all I’m doing on them is that: LFR (MGV then ToES, the fastest), H DG/SC, N DG/SC.

They will be used to buy a rare mount or a rare toy, some mogs, then be shelved/deleted, since keeping up with gear on multiple characters is not viable.

Finally, reiterating, I was “done” with Plunderstorm on day 4. I also do not share that mentality of “nothing to do”. Quite the opposite.

Since I play all 13 classes, WoW has WAY too MUCH for me to do if I want to keep up gearing on all characters (and I do, most certainly do). If anything, I want it TONED DOWN.

I have to limit myself to 3-5 characters per week in retail (per day in the event) simply to avoid burnout.

To feel powerful while doing so, since that was the hallmark of the event. I’m doing it on one character, but I’m sure I’d like to play around at the end on more without dumping all of my bronze into more of them.

This is the hardest mode right now, maybe outside of classic, to play an alt at max level.

1 Like

You’re doing it wrong then. Simple as that. My /played I shared is just this one Paladin. It would be more if I included the rest. I also don’t sit in the hub city zones while I wait on queues though so it is all active farming rares. I fly around zones and kill rares while waiting on queues to pop. Since in the beginning days it was 1 hr queue for LFR now it is only like 15min for dps.

Shelving your 70’s or deleting them as you said is the worse thing you could do if you are trying to find efficient ways to farm currency to easily complete it by the end of the time. Just spending 30 min a day if that on a 70 you can easily gain 10k Bronze per 70 character doing just your dailies. This is a 90 day event.

Why would someone try to farm bronze in a dungeon? The individual bosses in Dungeons unlike raids don’t give Bronze Caches.

This is not Plunderstorm. Stop comparing it to that. Plunderstorm you queued for an instance did a few things died and then did it again just getting rep and the only thing you needed was rep. There was also an achievement to get 2mil Plunder by the end. Plunderstorm was the same thing every time a small battleground. MOP Remix is an entire Expansion of content. Big different between 1 Pirate themed set of stuff and an entire expansion worth of stuff.

30% of everything with 12 of 90 days (13%) done of the event. The gains are fine. You have plenty of time to get everything. In the 12 the event has been live I started on Day 3 and during week days 4 days a week I have 30min-1hr playtime only. I have already collected well over 800k Bronze.

Levels are fast though. Have you not gotten Power XII and start with base 100% on your alts? I just leveled 2 level 10’s to 40 today in less than 2 hours. I just logged into my 50 Monk to see how many levels I could gain from dailies. Did 1 Heroic Dungeon, 1 Heroic Scenario, 1 LFR (LFR queue popped right after the dungeon was done since started them all at same time) turned in the 3 quests went from 50 to 58 that was less than 20 minutes for 8 levels at the higher levels too. So no leveling also isn’t slow. Stop doing World content quests to level. Bosses in Dungeons give massive bonus XP. Again stop deleting your 70’s.

And again you can get everything during this event by just playing the event. It isn’t hard. It isn’t rocket science. Just do the stuff. Get the rewards. This isn’t designed to be everything in a few days. This event launched after all 3 S4 Awakened raids were already out and over. This is to tie us over till Pre-Patch. That is why they nerfed the exploit farms that people were doing and buffed causal dailies. Paces people out over the event.

I can buy everything I have not bought by simply doing the 3 daily quests now. Mediocre effort will net all the rewards. No need to buff this.

I was just telling a friend that I wished it worked like Flightstones with DF, where the discount applies to all the alts, not just that character. That would make things a lot more bearable. Cause ain’t no way in helll I am going to do this grind on multiple toons lol.

No reason not to either.